X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    This is the silly talk
    --------------------
    Also, I'm with Swifty... if the Marlins are going all in, fucking go for it.

I'd prefer Prince to Albert, but either along with Buerhle and Reyes would be absolute awesome sauce.
    I am also with Swifty. My point was that if it doesn't work out, Gaby is a fine fall back option, assuming the money is spent else where.

Comment

• Fuck Gaby. Let him go 3WAR elsewhere. I want that 5WAR at all costs! All!

Comment

• <3 "some asshole" and "who the fuck cares"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          I am also with Swifty. My point was that if it doesn't work out, Gaby is a fine fall back option, assuming the money is spent else where.
          Right. The whole point is money spent elsewhere. Fix the problems. Pujols is not the offseason, fixing 3B and the rotation is. He is the luxury.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          Fuck Gaby. Let him go 3WAR elsewhere. I want that 5WAR at all costs! All!
          Pujols is # 5. This all makes sense now.
          Last edited by lou; 11-15-2011, 09:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• This whole free agency frenzy coinciding with an insane amount of work for classes due in two weeks does not bode well for my grades this semester.

Comment

• MH, selfish as ever

Comment

• Refreshing twitter/sites for news > writing papers and studying

Comment

• We are taking over this M'Fing city.
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  Refreshing twitter/sites for news > writing papers and studying
                  x2, I should be doing an excel project for Finance, but I already gave up on that tonight.
                  Last edited by Big Z; 11-15-2011, 09:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    Refreshing twitter/sites for news > writing papers and studying
                    Is doing both. Probably about different subjects though

Ramp shamed me into more of the studying part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                      Then this is merely about your perception of "value."
                      Well, sure. But it's also about putting the best team on the field. It becomes Pujols or Gaby + $24.5 million to spend on other dudes. It's possible that, all things considered, Pujols makes up the gap, but there's certainly a more than legitimate argument to be made that Gaby is more valuable at $420k than Pujols at $25 mil.
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        Well, sure. But it's also about putting the best team on the field. It becomes Pujols or Gaby + $24.5 million to spend on other dudes. It's possible that, all things considered, Pujols makes up the gap, but there's certainly a more than legitimate argument to be made that Gaby is more valuable at $420k than Pujols at $25 mil.
                        It's just how smart you spend the difference. I like to think Beinfest is competent in that regard, but I guess that is open for debate considering it seems he will sign more free agent payroll this offseason than the first 10 years combined.

Seriously, that might be a fun comparison. 02-11 free agent contracts or 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
                          He is human and this is Miami.
                          No statues of him in Miami though.

Comment

• I don't disagree that minimum player X + tons of cash is a good thing that sometimes allows you to put a more competitive team together than the super duper star, but, doesn't the tons of cash that gets players y and z then also have to have the same cost benefit analysis. And wouldn't it also be reasonable to say that, assuming equally competent and marginal players in house that the same conclusion is reached and players aa, bb and cc are targeted and the same endless cycle of shying away from expensive talent results in a collection of back end of the roster players fleshing out a team?

That's the mindset that I see as crippling at times to a team that is very close to being good but can't necessarily make the leap itself. And if the players gotten are ultimately players settled upon wouldn't it be better to just have gone with the most talented player?

Comment

• If all these signings happen, I'll feel amazing but walking around in PA I'm sure many people would feel I'm a bandwagon fan haha

Comment

• Originally posted by DropkickAlex View Post
                                If all these signings happen, I'll feel amazing but walking around in PA I'm sure many people would feel I'm a bandwagon fan haha
                                Just remind them you're a Browns fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X