Clear All

• Originally posted by Marlins11 View Post
    Then who plays LF?
    I don't think I'd care.

Comment

• I know! Manny Ramirez!!!!
      --------------------
      Get it done!
      Last edited by Miamarlin21; 12-04-2011, 09:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
        I don't think I'd care.
        Yeah. You stick Peterson there, maximize your run prevention and let him be the 8th best hitter in the NL's 3rd best lineup.
        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          Yeah. You stick Peterson there, maximize your run prevention and let him be the 8th best hitter in the NL's 3rd best lineup.
          Yup.

Comment

• joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
            Overheard in media room (amid reports #Marlins agreeing with Reyes and pushing hard for Pujols) -- "Are the Marlins drunk?"
            Yes they are.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
              Overheard in media room (amid reports #Marlins agreeing with Reyes and pushing hard for Pujols) -- "Are the Marlins drunk?"
              drunk with cash and power!

Comment

• I think we sign DTrain to play left field just so we can watch him have a real good time

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlins11 View Post
                  Then who plays LF?
                  They'd have Bonifacio, Coghlan, and Petersen for LF/CF, and they have two bench spots left to kill to bring in some veteran platoon help. Plenty of guys out there who fit a 400 PA description. Let alone, a corner player would be easy to find in July.

Also, if they had Pujols, Hanley, Stanton, Reyes, Buck, Infante, and Bonifacio as 7 of their position players, I don't think anyone would really give a fuck who is playing LF if they filled out their rotation with a solid 350-400 innings by hypothetically moving Morrison/Gabs/Dominguez.

Only good things anyway they view it. I'm just saying, if they splurge and get Pujols, I'm expecting a big Morrison deal for Gio, and somehow turning Gaby Sanchez/spare parts into some veteran 5th starter to provide innings.

Comment

• I like the deal LoMo for a starter idea (I'd rather Garza). Coghlan can be your lefty bat, left fielder and ideal 7 hole hitter, or Petersen and you have a super OF defense, but, aside from Ricky (and prospectively Buerhle, but I can't imagine Bell, Reyes, Pujols & Buerhle) we don't have that true fly-ball pitcher where OF defense matters more than the offensive upside, which I think most would agree Coghlan has over Petersen.

Reyes
                    Infante
                    Hanley
                    Pujols
                    Stanton
                    Buck
                    Coghlan
                    Bonifacio

Nuts. Absolutely nuts.

Comment

• It's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time since I posted on this site...but I'm filled with such excitement tonight that I urge to discuss it.

With Reyes signed, I assume Hanley to 3b. IF (notice big) we can somehow land The Machine...wow, talk about a dream team. In this scenario, I completely agree with lou. We should then trade Lomo/Gaby/dominguez/Nolasco/scraps for Gio Gonzalez, a cheap starter, and try to lure in Buerhle (my #1 covet after Pujols).

What a night. Cant wait for 2012.
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Gotta think signing Reyes makes the Marlins that much more attractive to Pujols.

Comment

• I think offering the most money is just about the only thing that will end up mattering.
                          poop

Comment

• Pretty sure Reyes and Pujols don't get along, even though they co-own a bakery here in Las Vegas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              I think offering the most money is just about the only thing that will end up mattering.
                              Obviously that plays a huge part, but I'm thinking that with Reyes signing, we might only have to offer $10 million more than St. Louis instead of $20 million (and those numbers are just pure speculation to use as an example), because I do think there is a good chance he gives the Cards some kind of hometown discount.

Comment

• So this could mean Pujols, Reyes, Bell, Buerhle, and Gio (for Morrison/Gaby)?

Take THAT, Heat!
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X