No announcement yet.

Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They High 5'ed once...they can co-exist.

Comment

• Pujols isn't even looking at him

Comment

• Ehhh...the hand is there...A for effort right?

Comment

• This will never work. And their bakery doesn't even serve Cereal Milk!

Comment

• Shit, that is convincing. I tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              I think offering the most money is just about the only thing that will end up mattering.
              I'll take this a step further though.

I think that "the most money" is also, more or less, evident. For all the talk of St. Louis viewing him as an 'icon' as the modern day Stan Musial, as an institution, a career Cardinal, the gap between their "rumored" deal and the "save face, let him 'win' deal" isn't that large such that the team could come up from the $190 they've reportedly offered to the $230 most think it will take to sign him.

It really feels like the Cardinals are either (1) tapped out (entirely possible, but I'm not really buying it) or (2) they're lukewarm on Pujols for any number of reasons ("age," decline, etc) and the hope is that someone else takes the plunge and lets the Cardinals off the hook. To me, that has some merit, they've already gotten two titles and three pennants out of the Pujols era, and, if you really believe him to be 36 or 37, 700 probably doesn't happen, so the uber marketing may never come to fruition.

So really, if the Marlins want him, and can front load $60 or 70 million over the first two seasons, I think it won't take much to get the Cardinals "out."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                This will never work. And their bakery doesn't even serve Cereal Milk!
                Do they serve pastelitos and cafe con leche? Maybe some papa rellenas and croquetas..

Comment

• Their strong push is Samson's just gonna keep calling Pujols and going "commmeeeeee onnnnnnnnnnnn" until he gets fed up and signs with them.

It's how we got Reyes.

Comment

• He gon stand at Pujols' bedroom window and blast his boombox while holding it over his head.
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• "I don't wanna wait, for our lives to be over."
                      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• the song?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKjG6z4l8C0[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          Their strong push is Samson's just gonna keep calling Pujols and going "commmeeeeee onnnnnnnnnnnn" until he gets fed up and signs with them.

It's how we got Reyes.
                          That or he'll start calling Albert daily to pitch his "movie of the day."

Comment

• Samson reminds me of Quagmire for some reason, he'll get the job done.
                            There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              I don't think I'd care.
                              This.

Comment

• Originally posted by jOOj View Post
                                "I don't wanna wait, for our lives to be over."
                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dJ3WxAWbB0[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X