Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring me prominence!

Comment

• If we sign Albert after signing Reyes, Bell and one of CJ/Mark, I will change my username to ISuckBobbob'sJunkAllNightAndILoveIT till Opening Day.

Comment

• DALLAS -- Now that they've checked Jose Reyes off their to-do list, the Miami Marlins have an even bigger name on their radar screen -- Albert Pujols.

Sources told ESPN.com on Sunday night that the Marlins still plan to make an aggressive run at Pujols, even after committing $106 million to Reyes over the next six years, and plan to meet with Pujols' agent, Dan Lozano, Monday or Tuesday at the winter meetings.

SportsNation: Free Agency
        How long of a contract would you give Albert Pujols? Who's the best free agent pitcher? Can you name all of baseball's biggest contracts? Vote!

Throughout much of this offseason, Marlins officials have downplayed the possibility that they could afford both Reyes and Pujols. However, one source who spoke with the Marlins' brass said Sunday that Reyes' contract was structured in a way that would enable them to sign one more prominent free agent -- and that Pujols was their No. 1 target.

The source said the Marlins plan to make a major push to sign Pujols over the next two days. The team met with Pujols in Miami before Thanksgiving, just days after a similar session with Reyes, and made the free-agent first baseman a nine-year offer for considerably less than the reported nine-year, $198-million offer from the Cardinals that Pujols turned down last winter.

But just as they increased their original offer to Reyes over the weekend in their attempts to get him signed, the Marlins now will turn their attention to Pujols -- and appear prepared to up their offer to him if they get indications he has sincere interest in coming to Miami.

Lozano is also tentatively scheduled to meet with the Cardinals about Pujols on Monday, sources said.
        http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/73...s-list-targets

Comment

• One thing that could prevent us from signing Pujols is the fact that we don't seem too patient.

The Marlins really get their guy when they want him.

And I really can't blame them; they can't be waiting on Pujols and come out empty-handed when they can easily be signing a quality pitcher in the process.

I don't see a quick decision from Pujols.

Look at recent offseasons; everything the Marlins do is done quickly.

Comment

• Our rotation is gonna be bad
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I'd rather go after Buehrle than Pujols if Stark's information is correct.

Comment

• I think I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  This is really no comparison.

Albert Pujols is a better player than Prince Fielder.

Last year was Pujols worst year as a big leaguer, and it's rather comparable to Fielder's best.
                  All true... but Pujols numbers are all going down across the boards

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    One thing that could prevent us from signing Pujols is the fact that we don't seem too patient.

The Marlins really get their guy when they want him.

And I really can't blame them; they can't be waiting on Pujols and come out empty-handed when they can easily be signing a quality pitcher in the process.

I don't see a quick decision from Pujols.

Look at recent offseasons; everything the Marlins do is done quickly.
                    Unless you believe in a "mystery team" the Marlins making a take it or leave it front loaded $200+ mil with a 3 year out gets a quick resolution.

Comment

• mibs ramp, come on man

fuck Prince Fielder, that's hidden payroll in buffet increases

Comment

• Well, maybe they've set their sights on Pujols because they have a deal in place for a Gio/Shields type starter.

Comment

• I just hope 2012 ends in a pile.

Comment

• I think you get Pujols if you have a legitimate chance of acquiring him.

We'd have a very good lineup, a very good bullpen, and an average rotation; I can live with that.

The upside of a Pujols deal is a lot better than the upside of a Buehrle deal, imo.

Plus, our lineup would just be so fucking awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                              I think I agree.
                              We don't need to think. We need to know.

Seriously though. Let's get CJ or Mark here. No way signing Albert makes baseball sense long term.

Comment

• It makes shut the fuck up and enjoy the ride sense though.

Comment

Working...
                                X