Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    I know Hugg doesn't think we'll get all those people that he put in his lineup up but.......

Valid, how are the Marlins going to sign Buerhle after signing Pujols and Reyes?

Are they going to knock over the Federal Reserve?
    I mean, they did make offers to all three. I doubt they'd pull an offer from one if two signed.

Comment

I know Hugg doesn't think we'll get all those people that he put in his lineup up but.......

Valid, how are the Marlins going to sign Buerhle after signing Pujols and Reyes?

Apparently the offers aren't enticing enough to garner four acceptances:

@SI_JonHeyman
      one person characterized offers to pujols, reyes, buehrle & madson as "preliminary'' types. so no threat of 4 acceptances

Comment

Some sources have come out that said the Marlins haven't ruled out signing all four if it comes to that (Pujols/Reyes/Buehrle/Cespedes)
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
          Some sources have come out that said the Marlins haven't ruled out signing all four if it comes to that (Pujols/Reyes/Buehrle/Cespedes)
          What's stopping a prelim offer from being substantial?

Comment

• Nothing stops it, but it leaves the door open for astronomical numbers
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

• This is all going to end up being a PR ploy by the front office. I think if we come out of this with just Reyes it will be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                This is all going to end up being a PR ploy by the front office. I think if we come out of this with just Reyes it will be good.
                Ugh.

Comment

This is all going to end up being a PR ploy by the front office. I think if we come out of this with just Reyes it will be good.
                  Link?
                  - Daft

Comment

• We have no reason to trust these guys yet. Let em earn it...

Comment

• Why can't we trust them? Bringing in big names isn't that crazy for this franchise. They've done it before, they'll do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        Why can't we trust them? Bringing in big names isn't that crazy for this franchise. They've done it before, they'll do it again.
                        Exactly.

Comment

• there is bringing in big names, and then there is bringing in Pujols, Reyes, Buerhle and Madson.

Comment

• We also have no reason to just think it's a "PR ploy." When have they ever used big names to boost their image?

Comment

there is bringing in big names, and then there is bringing in Pujols, Reyes, Buerhle and Madson.
                              Pudge and Carlos Delgado are as big a two names as there is.

Comment

• Doesn't the whole Ozzie Guillen thing create that "trust"...?

The team usually is not interested/linked to players like this and the few times they are, they usually get their guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X