No announcement yet.

Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that if you bring in Reyes and Buerhle, Pujols wants to join the party.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
      I think that if you bring in Reyes and Buerhle, Pujols wants to join the party.
      I don't think that will have anything to do with what Pujols does. I think with Albert, it's all about the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
        Doesn't the whole Ozzie Guillen thing create that "trust"...?

The team usually is not interested/linked to players like this and the few times they are, they usually get their guy.
        Spot on. We're paying top dollar for a manager for goodness' sake. This isn't the same team-building philosophy anymore.
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

• If you are trying to sell out the season tickets, you do exactly what they are doing.
          --------------------
          I'm sorry but this is the first time they have had to fill a stadium.
          Last edited by tr305; 11-12-2011, 01:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Not sure how merely going after big names will sell season tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by tr305 View Post
              If you are trying to sell out the season tickets, you do exactly what they are doing.
              --------------------
              I'm sorry but this is the first time they have had to fill a stadium.
              So, if this is the first time they have to fill a stadium, it's reasonable to believe that their approach would be radically different than the past?
              --------------------
              Originally posted by Valid View Post
              Not sure how merely going after big names will sell season tickets.
              Yeah - they've gotta sign on the dotted line
              Last edited by Omar; 11-12-2011, 01:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
              - Daft

Comment

• True, but not THIS radical. I'll believe it when I see it. You don't usually see BIG contracts sealed like the "We have offered a contract" approach. Just happens and is announced. This doesn't sound legit whatsoever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
                  So, if this is the first time they have to fill a stadium, it's reasonable to believe that their approach would be radically different than the past?
                  --------------------

Yeah - they've gotta sign on the dotted line
                  Seriously.

Also, if the FO is really just using this as a PR ploy and the whole going after the big names thing is all a lie, why the hell would anyone want to buy tickets for this team in the future?

Comment

• I'm not saying we won't sign someone big. We just won't get close to what is out there in the press.

Comment

• I just think the idea of thinking the Marlins gave Pujols, Reyes, and Buerhle tours of the ballpark and took them out to eat just to better their image is silly.

Comment

• It's not, but the "Have been offered Contracts" is just insane.

Comment

• They were, though.

Comment

• When was the last time you saw a big name free agent "offered a contract" and then 2 months later that team lands the guy ? Honestly...

Comment

• Why is it insane? This is pretty normal. With this day and age of social media, everything leaks out.

2 months later? What are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                                When was the last time you saw a big name free agent "offered a contract" and then 2 months later that team lands the guy ? Honestly...
                                Where the hell are you getting this stuff from?

Comment

Working...
                                X