No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very weird timing for Mish to come out and report that the marlins told Sandy they aren’t trading him this offseason. Thought that went without saying. It would make 0 sense to trade him this offseason.

Comment

• Not shocking. I doubt he makes it past next years trade deadline tho
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
        Not shocking. I doubt he makes it past next years trade deadline tho
        He wouldn’t really make sense to move to me until next offseason if at all. His contract still has a number of years and he is insanely affordable when healthy for what he brings. They have plenty of other pitchers to deal if they want to add more bats. Sandy ain’t it.

Comment

• He turns 30 next year and is only signed on a guaranteed deal through 2026.

If he shows he is healthy he is gone at the deadline.
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

He turns 30 next year and is only signed on a guaranteed deal through 2026.

2027 is a club option. So unless he goes down the tubes or the FO is incredibly cheap. (uh oh) He's signed through 2027.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Cabrera is probably #3 of guys I’d be offering an extension to behind eury and Meyer. Obviously behind luzardo too if that’s an option but they will likely trade him. The guy just has 0 control. Over 150 walks in less than 260 innings. Just awful command
              My sole point with Cabrera is you can do it for like 5/$25m with options after that. He comps low in arbitration, so it’s an ultimate buy low. That’s free agent reliever prices ultimately. If he says no - which I doubt - you have him four non guaranteed years which is great. I’ll take 2 great, 3 good, and 1 dud every 6 from him all day ultimately if that’s what happens. I think he has the potential to be a complete monster. The change up pitch mix is very interesting. It’s picking your bets.

He’s # 1 because the timing is wrong with Eury and Max, but that may all change quickly by Aug 1 next year for all of them.

Comment

• I feel like Norby should be up now. Whatever positional experiments you want to do with him can be done at the big leagues. We don't need Otto Lopez, Vidal Brujan and Emmanuel Ramirez all on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

I strongly disagree with this. We have 2 maybe 3 of 9 spots in the lineup established. I like the bats we have at AAA, but they’re still completely unproven, and you want to keep them down from 2 weeks to maybe 2 months. Who knows what the bullpen will look like. Adding Sandy doesn't make up for the loss of Arraez, Jazz, Bell, DLC and pretty much the entire bullpen. The rotation was awesome on paper this year, it didn't happen.
                  Sandy at a 4 WAR actually may make up for those 4 who might barely get there…

But I’m going to just agree to disagree here. I think a healthy Sandy, Luzardo, Garrett, and Weathers make a radical impact and I expect step forward for Max and especially Cabrera. I like the bat situation in 6 places with the obvious broken record SS, 3B, right handed CF/OF.

Comment

What does Jonah Bride have to do the rest of the year to lock down the 2025 3B job?
                    They should play him exclusively at 3B and not Rivera for one.

Analytics aren’t backing him and it’s like .225/.330/.340 sort of hit projection. OK defense not bad. He needs to hit a lot more the rest of the year but it’s getting a little interesting if he is coming into his own and scale that to .250 with a little more power and now you’re in business with the objectively great BB rate.

Comment

I feel like Norby should be up now. Whatever positional experiments you want to do with him can be done at the big leagues. We don't need Otto Lopez, Vidal Brujan and Emmanuel Ramirez all on the team.
                      1000%, and really just play him at 2B/LF as the Edwards SS hall Mary experiment continues.

Otto is showing amazing defense and analytics say around a .700 expected OPS so he sticks. For sure. No way they give up on him unless he craters here on out. The other two can be DFA’d.

Comment

2027 is a club option. So unless he goes down the tubes or the FO is incredibly cheap. (uh oh) He's signed through 2027.
                        A club option on a 32 year old in a year the team likely won't be competitive and won't extend further.
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

He turns 30 next year and is only signed on a guaranteed deal through 2026.

Some pitchers will definitely be traded, it’s just really hard for me to say which ones today. As discussed to a fault, they have plenty of money for more free agents so the money with Sandy becomes irrelevant. It’s what’s the best trade if seven SP happen to work out for opening day 26 and 1 must be sacrificed for a bat, etc.

If this is ever going to work, you probably need your best possible 5 SP and that to me is Sandy, Eury, Cabrera, White, and Noble/Max. Luzardo is only out here because of 2 years of control, but that otherwise could be the literal rotation 8/1/26 or opening day 27 with Garrett, Weathers, Snelling, and Mazur are in the bullpen. Not everyone will work out, but I’m not so quick to move Sandy absent they have multiple major bat failures and most of the SP lands. We’ll see if a good problem develops basically but the eyes on the prize is still healthy SP.

Comment

A club option on a 32 year old in a year the team likely won't be competitive and won't extend further.
                            This team is going to be very competitive very quickly if the SP clicks when healthy. Look at Seattle who also can’t hit.

Comment

What does Jonah Bride have to do the rest of the year to lock down the 2025 3B job?
                              Which, why is Burger always at 3B and him at 1B? Makes the defense so much worse

I assume the answer is try to see if Burger can figure out 3B to pencil him there. But also seems silly to me to do it with someone so old whose entire career has been at said position.

But also makes me assume they do not view Bride as an option at 3rd next year at all.

It is great to see him get comfortable with major league pitching. Hopefully the power stays

Comment

What makes you boldly predict the Marlins won't be competitive in 2027?

Comment

Working...
                                X