No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised Faucher and Cronin are still with the team.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I'd go with this the rest of the year:

1. Edwards SS
      2. Connor Norby 2B/3B
      3. Jesus Sanchez LF
      4. Jake Burger DH
      5. Kyle Stowers CF
      6. Troy Johnston 1B
      7.Griffin Conine RF
      8. Otto Lopez/Brujan 2B/3B
      9. Ali Sanchez/Fortes/Peredes C

If Pauley, Ramirez, Sanoja or DDLS catch fire at AAA I think they should get the call, but start out with them in AAA for a bit for sure.

Then next year.

1. Edwards 2B
      2. Norby 3B/LF
      3. Jesus Sanchez/Stowers/Conine LF/RF (let these guys battle it out for 2 months and determine who is the best guy going forward. 2nd guy of the 3 is 4th OF.
      4. Burger 1B/DH
      5. FREE AGENT/Luzardo trade CF (If VM Jr. or Sanoja has a big last 2 months in AAA could play a factor here)
      6. DDLS 1B/DH (Troy Johnston would really have to turn heads in these 2 months to remain on the team I think)
      7. FREE AGENT/Luzardo trade SS/Sanoja (I don't think Sanoja is a SS longterm but maybe he can bridge the gap to somebody)
      8. Pauley 3B/LF
      9. Ramirez C

Bench: 2nd guy out of Sanchez/Stowers/Conine trio, Otto Lopez, Brujan, Fortes or Banfield as 2nd Catcher.

Comment

• According to Barry Jackson, Stowers will report to Miami. Norby will go to Jacksonville to get work at 3rd base. Kind of disappointing because I don’t think he has anything left to prove at AAA offensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post

You keep saying this but his change and curve both grade pretty highly, too. In fact his curve has been better than his slider so far IIRC.

He was also rushed to the majors.
          Look at his pitch mix. It’s like 73% FB/SL this year. If his curve was better he’d be throwing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            According to Barry Jackson, Stowers will report to Miami. Norby will go to Jacksonville to get work at 3rd base. Kind of disappointing because I don’t think he has anything left to prove at AAA offensively.
            Norby at 3B is a game changer if he can do it. OK with this in a lower pressure environment. We got years here

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              I'd go with this the rest of the year:

1. Edwards SS
              2. Connor Norby 2B/3B
              3. Jesus Sanchez LF
              4. Jake Burger DH
              5. Kyle Stowers CF
              6. Troy Johnston 1B
              7.Griffin Conine RF
              8. Otto Lopez/Brujan 2B/3B
              9. Ali Sanchez/Fortes/Peredes C

If Pauley, Ramirez, Sanoja or DDLS catch fire at AAA I think they should get the call, but start out with them in AAA for a bit for sure.

Then next year.

1. Edwards 2B
              2. Norby 3B/LF
              3. Jesus Sanchez/Stowers/Conine LF/RF (let these guys battle it out for 2 months and determine who is the best guy going forward. 2nd guy of the 3 is 4th OF.
              4. Burger 1B/DH
              5. FREE AGENT/Luzardo trade CF (If VM Jr. or Sanoja has a big last 2 months in AAA could play a factor here)
              6. DDLS 1B/DH (Troy Johnston would really have to turn heads in these 2 months to remain on the team I think)
              7. FREE AGENT/Luzardo trade SS/Sanoja (I don't think Sanoja is a SS longterm but maybe he can bridge the gap to somebody)
              8. Pauley 3B/LF
              9. Ramirez C

Bench: 2nd guy out of Sanchez/Stowers/Conine trio, Otto Lopez, Brujan, Fortes or Banfield as 2nd Catcher.
              I want to point here doing a dive, Sanoja has a LEFTY split in AAA (.900+)

OF vs RHP - Sanchez, New Right handed CF, Stowers
              OF vs LHP - Norby, Sanoja, New Right Handed CF moves over

Blow out a SP for this at CF I say

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                Good deadline overall. Got rid of who you needed to get rid of (FAs/Money/30y+) and got both major and minor league depth as well as $. Definitely a lot more exciting now with the Rogers trade, that feels like the needle mover.
                Good to see ya here.

Yes this inspires some confidence. Rogers and Scott/Hoeing getting 5 guys we can pencil in is a lot.

Time for Bruce to step up

Comment

• Norby going to aaa while we are 30 games under makes 0 sense unless there is some sort of service time manipulation at work

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    I'm surprised Faucher and Cronin are still with the team.
                    Don't disagree in terms of the deadline being a sellers market, but they are still valuable since they are young and have no service time. Not like a JT/Braz/Scott situation where you just want to get the best thing you can get for them.

Which, glad we did keep Nardi

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      Norby going to aaa while we are 30 games under makes 0 sense unless there is some sort of service time manipulation at work
                      I mean if he comes up at all this year then that would make no sense, and I certainly expect we will see him in this year

And also he's already 24. Not like he's 20. You're already getting his prime years at a premium, no reason to manipulate it

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Time for Bruce to step up
                        So you're saying is that we shouldn't have any hope :'P

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post

So you're saying is that we shouldn't have any hope :'P
                          Exactly

Comment

• If DDLS keeps hitting home runs every game in AAA he’s going to force his way up here.

Comment

Norby going to aaa while we are 30 games under makes 0 sense unless there is some sort of service time manipulation at work
                              I don't love it, but if it's to get him work at 3B, that's fine. Get him some work there, then call him up in a few weeks.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the deadline. I would have maybe preferred one premium prospect at the sacrifice of fewer guys, but overall they did a nice job re-stocking the farm without giving up anyone painful, save maybe Jazz. It's really a shame that Luzardo got hurt, because I would have loved to see what he would have netted, but hopefully they can still get a haul for him in the offseason. A nice bonus was they got a bunch of guys who should be on the team much sooner than we thought. So while they won't be good next year, they actually might be fun to watch.

Also, De Los Santos hit a bomb in his first AB in Jacksonville.

Comment

Service time manipulation is keeping him in the minors until mid April. I said April.

I think this one is defense but I’m going to laugh hard if Norby isn’t up until April 20th.

I think they’ll get a look at 3B in AAA to get his feet wet 1-2
                                wrrks and see if that is viable, and call him up. Hes not a S2 without a lot of recalls.

Comment

Working...
                                X