No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad idea...Goldschmidt on a 1 year deal to bridge gap to DDLS/other options. If he regains any spark deal him at deadline or just jettison him.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
      Bad idea...Goldschmidt on a 1 year deal to bridge gap to DDLS/other options. If he regains any spark deal him at deadline or just jettison him.
      Sounds like a typical situations where he’ll go to another team have a great year and why didn’t we sign him, or we will somehow wind up signing him and he’ll completely collapse and be yet another terrible vet signing because we always seem to sign the vet bat one year too late lol

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

I appreciate it - and it is a direct correlation to not doing jackshit in the offseason last year setting up the team for the terrible start and lost season quickly.

Maybe, just maybe, Bruce will realize you have to spend money to make money, and yes cue Todd saying he is already making money due to the revenue sharing model which he is right about (+equity in team on future sale price does rise) so there is no incentive for Bruce to do anything, but we can hope.
        Yup, I’m surprised there wasn’t a bigger downturn, but it’ll be interesting to see if there’s a hangover where fewer people come out next year.

who knows

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

Yup, I’m surprised there wasn’t a bigger downturn, but it’ll be interesting to see if there’s a hangover where fewer people come out next year.

who knows
          i wonder if the majority of that downturn is just a decrease in season tickets or individual game sales. would love to see the breakdown of season tickets over the years. it feels like the season tickets could account for a lot of the decrease coming off of a playoff season and doing nothing. feels like we have a baked in number of individual tickets sold because of how many other teams fans come to the ballpark over the course of the year between teams like the dodgers, yankees, mets, phillies, red sox, cubs, cardinals, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X