2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Only the Marlins can make scoring 2 runs to tie up the game in the 9th feel like a massive failure.
    Took the words right out of my mouth

Comment

• Duvall pinch hit bloop double of course

Comment

• I just found out that Bethancourt doesn't have a hit yet this season

Comment

• Bethancourt wOBA: .026

Jacob Stallings wOBA: .406

Stallings has a better defensive WAR

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            I think Skip will get fired by the deadline. This team is a GIDP machine it's fokken wild
            No way, and pay 2 managers even for a few months!

They lead the league with 30 GIDP, and coming off their league leading 159 last year. Not going to change any time soon.

Sprint Speed - This is a slow AF team for the most part.

81st - Jazz
            80th - Bethancourt
            78th - Garcia
            73rd - Burger (Edwards is here for 2023 data to mention)
            72nd - Anderson
            69th - Sanchez
            60th - Gordon
            53rd - DLC
            47th - Lopez
            44th - Bride (2023 data)
            39th - Arraez
            37th - Fortes
            30th - Brujan
            19th - Rivera
            10th - Bell

And then on top of that, they lead the league in hit groundballs (52.8%), with the biggest violators Lopez (81%), Anderson (68%), Garcia (67%), Sanchez (64%), Rivera, Bell, and Burger (56%). DLC is the only extreme FB hitter (35%) on the team right now. They gotta get Sanchez to hit more balls in the air jesus.

Nothing surprising to say here. FG's BSR has Jazz and Sanchez as pretty good base runners, mostly everyone else below average, Fortes a big liability, and Bell an outrageous liability. Bell is bottom 10 in the league right now. He is terrible.

I agree this is a problem that needs to be addressed through major personnel changes. I think this is more support that the only real keepers here when combined with positions, contracts, and upside are Jazz and Edwards, they should hold onto a few of Burger, DLC, Sanchez, and Gordon depending on what they do this year (they all are cheap and have great/good/interesting batted ball data), really hammer Luzardo/Arraez/Rogers/Scott for younger bats, and sign another 3-4 more that make sense. 7+ new bats next year for sure.

To note - the Rays fixed Rosario - .341/.349/.494 with a big red statcast page (https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...-r-hitting-mlb). Expected slash is .295/.303/.446 so he is over achieving for sure, but you take that all day for..... $1.5 million dollars. 95th percentile sprint speed. He currently has 2.3 WAR more than all Marlins hitters, because he's at a .4 and the Marlins -1.9 WAR as a team. Can't make this shit up. They ultimately need a lot more guys like this so they have their work cut out for them.

Comment

• Luzardo is hurt - "elbow discomfort."

Great mother of god.

This one will end me if he's getting a TJ too.

Comment

• Makes sense. He looks awful.

Comment

• Sandy, Eury and Luzardo all being out with TJ would confirm that this organization is snake bit. In light of Jose Fernandez dying in his prime and Bruce buying the team not Mas.

Comment

Makes sense. He looks awful.
                    Statistically better than his stats and still throwing hard, I think it's a SSS FWIW.

But like WTF? And if the idea was to tank, this is exactly why you don't half-ass contend to July to "save face" to the fans and just make unapologetic decisions day 1.

Hope it's just relatively minor and he's back by July.

Comment

• This for sure means TJ coming because it’s the marlins

Comment

• 2026 circled

Comment

• Sixto went 1,294 days in between starts. Thats gotta be near the top all time

Stottlemeyer said post game that Sixto is throwing 98 mph (4 seamer) and he wants him to use it more

He went 37% 4-seamer, 37% slider and 17% changeup
                          Last edited by Namaste; 04-26-2024, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• 6-23
                            worst record in MLB

Comment

6-23
                              worst record in MLB
                              It is dreadful. I looked at my phone and saw them up 7-0 and laughed out loud when I saw Nationals clawed back.

Maybe Brujan is starting to adjust to MLB pitching though if we're looking for a bright spot for the weekend of awfulness. Best 3 games in a row he's ever had.

I got nothing. Josh Bell might be worse than Segura.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

It is dreadful. I looked at my phone and saw them up 7-0 and laughed out loud when I saw Nationals clawed back.

Maybe Brujan is starting to adjust to MLB pitching though if we're looking for a bright spot for the weekend of awfulness. Best 3 games in a row he's ever had.

I got nothing. Josh Bell might be worse than Segura.
                                Just shift to not caring at all. It’ll make life easier.

It’s crazy the complete 180 from last year when it was exciting they were doing well. This org should be ashamed of itself, but it’s just par for the course…

Comment

Working...
                                X