Clear All

• Peter O’Brien optioned to AAA

Comment

• Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
      Following Following @CraigMish
      More
      Source : Catcher Bryan Holaday exercised his opt out. Marlins are releasing him.

3:14 PM - 23 Mar 2019

Comment

• Absurd to waste a roster spot on Herrera in the off chance we need a 3rd string cf in a game. If brinson is ever hurt Granderson can play cf for a gme. Herrera is gonna be yadiel rivrra

Comment

• Ferrell making it. 2 roster spots yet to be determined. Its either Brice or Anderson or both of they don’t carry alll 7 of the starters

Comment

• With O'Brien and Dean being sent down, and Herrera apparently getting the Super Utility role, you would think there would need to be another RH OF added to split time with Granderson in LF. According to Frisaro, Harold Ramirez did not opt out yesterday, but will report to AAA. That could mean Gabby Guerrero gets the spot or there is another move coming to add a bat.

Also, Rene Rivera and Devin Mesoraco are both available and would be big upgrades over Wallach. Given the lack of catching depth in the organization, bringing either in to back up Alfaro would be a smart move.
            Last edited by fauowls44; 03-24-2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Herrera and Brice "making" it for now but they are gonna hit the DFA market hard

Havent decided on Caleb Smith or Sandy yet

Tons of C options are/will be on market. Pedro Severino got DFA but Baltimore jumped all over him. They like Wallach because his dad is coach but they like his glove,pitching calling,framing. As for catching depth in system they also released Othman who has been in system for years

Harold Ramirez to AAA but wouldn't surprise to see him up this year especially at deadline

OF
              LF-Grandy
              CF-Brinson
              RF-Cooper

- - - - - - - - - -

C Erik Kratz and Tom Murphy both DFA

What they need to do is just get a better backup and DFA Wallach. Have him in NOLA as 3rd C if needed but NOT on the 40 man

Comment

• Evan Drellich

Verified account

@EvanDrellich
                Follow Follow @EvanDrellich
                More
                Source: The Red Sox have placed catcher Sandy Leon on waivers. They're still carrying three catchers, wanted to break with two.

3:08 PM - 24 Mar 2019

Another backup catcher on the market.

I get the feeling that there could be a couple of other roster moves now that spring training is over and the team is still being secretive about the final roster. That would seem to indicate that they are looking at other team's players. Backup C and RH hitting corner OF would seem to be obvious areas of need.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                  Evan Drellich

Verified account

@EvanDrellich
                  Follow Follow @EvanDrellich
                  More
                  Source: The Red Sox have placed catcher Sandy Leon on waivers. They're still carrying three catchers, wanted to break with two.

3:08 PM - 24 Mar 2019

Another backup catcher on the market.

I get the feeling that there could be a couple of other roster moves now that spring training is over and the team is still being secretive about the final roster. That would seem to indicate that they are looking at other team's players. Backup C and RH hitting corner OF would seem to be obvious areas of need.

RH hitting corner OF an obvious area of need? Dean looked good to me. We need a CF to replace Brinson. How about Galloway ... seriously. Or G Guerrero?
                  Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-25-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• OF/C/RP is what they are looking for in DFA market

They like Wallach as backup and like Herrera/Guerrero but arent sold on any of them

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      RH hitting corner OF an obvious area of need? Dean looked good to me. We need a CF to replace Brinson. How about Galloway ... seriously. Or G Guerrero?
                      And so it begins

Comment

• and probably ends for Sweet Lew

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          and probably ends for Sweet Lew
                          I'm starting to think that the chances are greater that Brinson fails to establish himself as a major league starter than does establish himself this year, but you have to at least give him a chance. You'd just be straight up ignoring things if you're saying the potential isn't there, I think the start of his spring proved that. You don't start some AAAA CF'er over him just because you think it'll help you win 67 games instead of 65 this year. You've got to at least understand that Lee.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I'm starting to think that the chances are greater that Brinson fails to establish himself as a major league starter than does establish himself this year, but you have to at least give him a chance. You'd just be straight up ignoring things if you're saying the potential isn't there, I think the start of his spring proved that. You don't start some AAAA CF'er over him just because you think it'll help you win 67 games instead of 65 this year. You've got to at least understand that Lee.
                            I'm certainly not suggesting that Galloway and Guerrero are above-replacement major leaguers ... far from it. But you just can't ignore the fact that Brinson had pretty much the worst onbase % of any regular in baseball last year. I mean if he played a plus defensive CF (Fangraphs says he doesn't) or stole 50 bases (he can't steal any because it takes too long to pick up speed) there would at least be something there. He's Peter O'Brien w/o the patience/ability to draw walks ... and should be Baby Caking it. Just one opinion, of course.
                            Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-26-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• No reason to Baby Cake Brinson.

At this point with how his career has gone, it’s give him all of 2019 to figure it out or cut the cord.

I vote give him all of 2019 (not batting 8th) because they’ll lose 95+ games this year anyway

Comment

• Gonna be interesting to see what Miami does with that open 40 man spot. Tons of guys are coming on the market

Unless of course they listen to Lee and just add Galloway or Meyer or Beggs

Comment

Working...
                                X