Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't get why you go Walker/Prado with O'Brien in RF as opposed to Walker/O'Brien with Cooper in RF. Cooper and O'Brien need to get ABs so we know if they're serviceable guys. Prado is done for.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      C - Alfaro, Wallach
      1B - Walker, Prado
      2B - Castro
      SS - Rojas, Riddle
      3B - Anderson
      LF - Granderson
      CF - Brinson, Herrera
      RF - O'Brien

What's that

Brinson
      Anderson
      Castro
      Walker
      Alfaro
      Granderson
      O'Brien
      Rojas
      It's gonna be tough to watch for sure. Can we petition FS Florida to show Jacksonville's games instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        lol supposedly we're done shopping. Can't wait for Herrera and Sierra to get 50 games in CF this season
        I’m behind the rebuild. But Mike Hill’s comments today about his satisfaction with all aspects of the major league team is hysterical

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          I’m behind the rebuild. But Mike Hill’s comments today about his satisfaction with all aspects of the major league team is hysterical
          It should be no brainers to sign say, Cargo, Maybin, and Maldonado, and boot Wallach, Prado, and Herrera. That would add a lot.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          It's gonna be tough to watch for sure. Can we petition FS Florida to show Jacksonville's games instead?
          Maybe the expectation is VVM and Monte and coming up after the Super2 deadline no matter what. Ignoring developmental issues, that would make sense to not fill out the OF and just spend money for 2 1/2 months when the plan is preordained.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            It should be no brainers to sign say, Cargo, Maybin, and Maldonado, and boot Wallach, Prado, and Herrera. That would add a lot.

- - - - - - - - - -

Maybe the expectation is VVM and Monte and coming up after the Super2 deadline no matter what. Ignoring developmental issues, that would make sense to not fill out the OF and just spend money for 2 1/2 months when the plan is preordained.
            That would be a ton of confidence in a guy who struck out at a historic rate in AA last season, and a guy who has yet to play a minor league game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              Jupiter's games will be solid too

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              lol supposedly we're done shopping. Can't wait for Herrera and Sierra to get 50 games in CF this season
              Not done shopping but done with ML offers. They are looking at guys on Invite Only deals and DFA Market

Guess thats one place to put O'Brien. I heard that if didnt have amazing ST they would likely send him down but who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Dean,Ramirez or Guerrero have a big ST that they get a shot. Dean in LF other 2 in RF

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Ya they are looking at CarGo for RF issue is he wants to play for a contender in AL as DH/OF and if comes to Miami wants $$$

Thats the issue we are having with most of these guys. They want to play for a contender(even tho will be traded in July). 1/2.5 to 5 million with incentives is what we are offering. KC is getting smart as they are now offering guys 1/2.25 with 2020 option

- - - - - - - - - -

Still in on CarGo/Maldonado/AJ/Norris,Warren/few other vet arms on Invite Deals

To open spot for Romo they 60 Day Fernandez

A name to watch is LoMo. Have talked some to him for Corner OF/1B on Invite Deal. Peter O'Brien needs a big ST to stay on ML roster. I know Neil Walker is better from left side but is switch hitter and Prado will get some time at 1B as well
              I would look for LoMo/AJ/few other vet arms on Invite Deals. Pretty much just waiting for these guys to realize they have to settle. CarGo's issue is what I mentioned abover

Comment

• KC is going to town on Invite Only deals for vet arms. We need to sign like 2 or 3 guys-looks like we are waiting till they lower demands but

AJ/Bud Norris/Nick Vincent/Jim Johnson are all guys who would be good fits. Sign them to Invite deals and if needed they ready

Staff is
                Urena/Chen/Straily/Richards/1 of Caleb Smith,Pablo,Sandy
                Noesi,Brice OR Elieser/Garcia/Conley/Ferrell/Tayron/Steck/Romo

AAA
                Pablo/Sandy/Neidert/Gallen/Elieser/Brigham
                Quijada/Lee/Anderson/Kinley/Meyer/Yamamoto/Merandy/Graves/Milbrath/Keller

Tons of pitching depth its crazy

AA
                Sixto/Puckett/Guzman/Dugger/Poteet
                Mills/Stevens/Eveld/
                Last edited by tjfla; 02-15-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  KC is going to town on Invite Only deals for vet arms. We need to sign like 2 or 3 guys-looks like we are waiting till they lower demands but

AJ/Bud Norris/Nick Vincent/Jim Johnson are all guys who would be good fits. Sign them to Invite deals and if needed they ready

Staff is
                  Urena/Chen/Straily/Richards/1 of Caleb Smith,Pablo,Sandy
                  Noesi,Brice OR Elieser/Garcia/Conley/Ferrell/Tayron/Steck/Romo

AAA
                  Pablo/Sandy/Neidert/Gallen/Elieser/Brigham
                  Quijada/Lee/Anderson/Kinley/Meyer/Yamamoto/Merandy/Graves/Milbrath/Keller

Tons of pitching depth its crazy

AA
                  Sixto/Puckett/Guzman/Dugger/Poteet
                  Mills/Stevens/Eveld/
                  They should just let Richards/Smith/Alcantara/Pablo rip as the last 2 starters and last 2 relievers in this scenario.

Comment

• I don't understand not using Chen in the pen. Even if he pitches well out of the rotation, you're not going to be able to deal him. I think there's a better chance he's effective out of the pen, because he certainly hasn't been effective in the rotation, plus he's injured all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      I don't understand not using Chen in the pen. Even if he pitches well out of the rotation, you're not going to be able to deal him. I think there's a better chance he's effective out of the pen, because he certainly hasn't been effective in the rotation, plus he's injured all the time.
                      Chen pitching more causes more risk of injury at this point. Just let him go every 5th day. This team is a dumpster fire anyways this season.

Comment

• Craig Mish said they might use Chen as an opener.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                          Chen pitching more causes more risk of injury at this point. Just let him go every 5th day. This team is a dumpster fire anyways this season.
                          What do you consider pitching more? I would have to think pitching 70-80 innings as opposed to pitching 200 innings would put less stress on the arm.

Comment

• If they put Chen in the rotation for any reason other than the young guys struggle with performance or injuries in spring training it will be a huge mistake. The rotation needs to be Urena, Straily, and then 3 of the younger guys out of the group of sandy, smith, Richards, lopez

Comment

• Chen will be in the starting rotation.

We all know it’s dumb but it’s gonna happen. Another dumb unwritten rule in MLB is if you’re paying a starter a shit ton of money, he’s in the rotation. Especially when you’re team has zero chance of making the playoffs.

*we have zero chance of making the playoffs

Comment

• Chen should be starting to begin the year. He was healthy last season and was wuite good in the second half. If he continues to pitch how he did in the second half he will be moveable. Be it for another contract or the team eating some of his money.
                                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                                X