X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    oel Sherman
    ‏Verified account @Joelsherman1

Hearing #Phillies are making strong inroads toward Realmuto. If it gets done Sixto Sanchez and Jorge Alfaro are said to be key pieces. Third pieces discussed include Mickey Moniak, Adam Haseley, Adonis Medina. Heard it is NOT at the finish line yet. Still working #Marlins
    Based off of everything we've been hearing lately, if they get Sixto, Alfaro, and Medina or even Bohm it would be a really nice surprise. I'm not getting my hopes up for that (although that would qualify as an intradivision "overpay"), but I'd also be happy with Sixto, Alfaro, and Haseley.

I don't quite understand why they seem to be forcing a catcher in the return, as I'd rather just get the value elsewhere, but I can live with that part of the deal.

Comment

• Jim Bowden

Verified account

@JimBowdenGM
      2m2 minutes ago
      More
      According to #Marlins source they are hoping to land one of Bohm, Haseley, Moniak, Garcia or Medina in addition to Sanchez and Alfaro. I think this gets done with one of them and deal is completed before NBA trade deadline.
      i love all the news coming out right now

Comment

• I'm not a huge Alfaro fan but thought he'd be a centerpiece. Getting Sixto AND Alfaro is huge. A solid third piece is awesome. I try for Bohm or Haseley and I include a RP if we need to get it done.

- - - - - - - - - -

IMPORTANT NOTE to whoever first posts about a completed deal: please please please start a new thread, then keep all post-trade related discussion there and not here
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          i love all the news coming out right now
          Ill take ANY of those guys as #3. I am no Moniak fan however Denbo loved the guy LY when Philly called on Yelich. He saw him as a younger Yelich

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          I'm not a huge Alfaro fan but thought he'd be a centerpiece. Getting Sixto AND Alfaro is huge. A solid third piece is awesome. I try for Bohm or Haseley and I include a RP if we need to get it done.

- - - - - - - - - -

IMPORTANT NOTE to whoever first posts about a completed deal: please please please start a new thread, then keep all post-trade related discussion there and not here
          No ALfaro fan here but has 5 years of control and is serviceable. Banfield is 3/4 years away and lets us draft BPA like Witt/Abrams at #4 if we want

Comment

• this is turning out to be a fantastic package from all indications of the names involved for the 3rd piece. getting sixto is huge. our sp would look phenomenal moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Ill take ANY of those guys as #3. I am no Moniak fan however Denbo loved the guy LY when Philly called on Yelich. He saw him as a younger Yelich

- - - - - - - - - -

No ALfaro fan here but has 5 years of control and is serviceable. Banfield is 3/4 years away and lets us draft BPA like Witt/Abrams at #4 if we want
              Alfaro is a backup. But that's fine. A cheap backup is good.

His BABIP is insane over .400 for his career, but he is slashing .782 OPS vs RHP. If he can do anything "above 650" vs RHP, he's a solid strong side platoon with the exceptional defense. Get a guy who mashes lefties and you're getting 2-3 WAR at catcher easy.

Comment

• Joel Sherman

Verified account

@Joelsherman1
                2m2 minutes ago
                More
                If need further proof of how close deal is heard from 2 sources that #Marlins are doing or have already completed physical review on Sixto Sanchez. #Phillies. In other words we are near the Realmuto goal line.
                huge

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                  Alfaro is a backup. But that's fine. A cheap backup is good.

His BABIP is insane over .400 for his career, but he is slashing .782 OPS vs RHP. If he can do anything "above 650" vs RHP, he's a solid strong side platoon with the exceptional defense. Get a guy who mashes lefties and you're getting 2-3 WAR at catcher easy.
                  Like said Serviceable. I wouldn't mind them signing Martin Maldonado but they will probably just give Alfaro tons of AB's this year and see how he does

Comment

• Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
                    22s23 seconds ago
                    More
                    Phillies are likely reluctant to include Haseley or Bohm in package with Sixto and Alfaro. Pitchers Luis Garcia and Spencer Howard have also come up as third piece possibilities for a realmuto.
                    if he means the SS luis garcia id love it

Comment

this is turning out to be a fantastic package from all indications of the names involved for the 3rd piece. getting sixto is huge. our sp would look phenomenal moving forward.
                      Long as Sixto can stay healthy

Age 20.4 Height 6′ 0″ Weight 185 Bat / Thr R / R FV 60
                      Tool Grades (Present/Future)
                      Fastball Slider Curveball Changeup Command Sits/Tops
                      65/65 45/50 55/60 50/60 45/55 94-98 / 101

Sanchez’s first 2018 start — during which he walked an uncharacteristically high four hitters and spent much of the outing rotating his head and neck about his shoulders, and stretching his arm and upper back — was perhaps a harbinger of things to come; his season would later end due to multiple injuries. After that rough first start, his stuff and command were as they usually are. He was generating upper-90s velocity with ease, his breaking balls were crisp, and his changeups were well-located and moving. He walked just seven hitters in his final seven starts of the year before succumbing to elbow inflammation, which ended his regular season in early-June. Sanchez rehabbed in Florida in anticipation of an Arizona Fall League assignment and threw some tune up innings early during the 2018 fall instructional league, his stuff intact and ready for Arizona. Then he awoke one morning with soreness in his collarbone. After an MRI it was determined that Sixto would have to shut things down for a bit and head to Arizona quite late, so he was just shelved for the year. Sanchez has now missed time to injury in two consecutive seasons. In each year, he has often been given extended rest between starts and dealt with issues in his neck and collarbone area. That isn’t ideal and all else being equal, we’d rather have a pitching prospect without this kind of injury history. But all else isn’t equal when one lines up Sixto’s stuff and command, both of which are very advanced for a conversion arm so new to pitching, against the stuff and command of other minor league pitchers. This is one of the most talented pitching prospects on Earth, one with top of the rotation potential. He’s still only 20 so the fact that injuries have diluted his innings output isn’t a huge issue yet. Hopefully he has a healthy, robust 2019 and gets back on track to debut in 2020.

Comment

• Joel Sherman

Verified account

@Joelsherman1
                        12s12 seconds ago
                        More
                        Hear #Phillies Struggling with what to add to Sixto and Alfaro. #Marlins want top guys haseley, Bohm, Moniak, Medina, Howard, Garcia, etc. but Pha doesn’t want to do that. Mia also wants 4th piece. Momentum remains strong for a deal

this is coming down to us adding a RP. just do it for the best possible package

Comment

this is coming down to us adding a RP. just do it for the best possible package
                          Miami getting greedy NOW!!

Heard hour ago it was Sixto/Alfaro/OF/low level prospect and or IFA $
                          Then it was Sixto/Alfaro/Bohm,Medina,Haseley

I am cool with ANY of those guys as 3rd Piece and low level whatever as 4th

Comment

• Again, this is where you chuck in Conley or Steckenrider to get Haseley or Bohm or Medina or Moniak (or Nick Williams???). Don't be stupid and settle.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              Again, this is where you chuck in Conley or Steckenrider to get Haseley or Bohm or Medina or Moniak (or Nick Williams???). Don't be stupid and settle.
                              Yep throw in Conley get nice #3 prospect and some low level guy or 2

Comment

• Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
                                41s41 seconds ago
                                More
                                Once the Phillies included hard-throwing RHP prospect Sixto Sanchez and catcher Jorge Alfaro, a trade for Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto grew to almost inevitable, sources tell ESPN. Sides still working on finalizing it, as @Joelsherman1 says, but Realmuto to Philly is likely.
                                this is awesome

- - - - - - - - - -

sixto, alfaro, moniak, and luis garcia would be good with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X