Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on JT seems TOP 3 are Atlanta/TB/Houston. Cincy/LAD/SD are probably out. If NYY would sign Machado JT for Andujar+ is possible but doubtful

Atlanta-Riley/Anderson. They are fighting over other "guy"
    Houston-Tucker/SP or 2/C. They are fighting over the arms
    TB-Sanchez/Brandon Lowe/SP/C. Not really fighting just waiting for TB to offer Sanchez as centerpiece

Again Miami is in NO rush. They are hoping Philly signs Harper which would make Atlanta panic and up the offer

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Reports are offers of 8/250 for Machado if that is true then we MIGHT be the mystery team

I like what Jeter and his guys have done BUT if Mas owned the team Machado would be in Miami 1000% if the offers were 8/250
      I think anything below 10/$350 is a good deal for him and the Marlins.

Trade Realmuto for 3-4 guys

Sign Castro 4/$52

All of a sudden that looks pretty interesting

Comment

• So "Swings and Mishes", Craig Mish's podcast twitter account just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/SwingsAndMishes/...52205319057416

For those without twitter it has a shit ton of siren emojis and says "*whispers* there are Marlins things happening today"

One would assume JT News, but potentially Machado news? Or, since it's the Marlins, some small signing.

EDIT: Or just the start of hitters camp. I would hope that's not what he mean, though.

EDIT Again: It's the hitters camp thing.
        Last edited by sports24/7; 01-14-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          I think anything below 10/$350 is a good deal for him and the Marlins.

Trade Realmuto for 3-4 guys

Sign Castro 4/$52

All of a sudden that looks pretty interesting
          Ya I would jump in if Machado was only getting 7/250 or 8/250

Still hearing they are ready to move on from Castro and give Isan Diaz the 2B job

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          So "Swings and Mishes", Craig Mish's podcast twitter account just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/SwingsAndMishes/...52205319057416

For those without twitter it has a shit ton of siren emojis and says "*whispers* there are Marlins things happening today"

One would assume JT News, but potentially Machado news? Or, since it's the Marlins, some small signing.

EDIT: Or just the start of hitters camp. I would hope that's not what he mean, though.
          They are talking with 3 teams(Atlanta/Houston/TB) hard and are NOT far off with any of them so could move quickly but havent heard anything

Comment

Info on JT seems TOP 3 are Atlanta/TB/Houston. Cincy/LAD/SD are probably out. If NYY would sign Machado JT for Andujar+ is possible but doubtful

Atlanta-Riley/Anderson. They are fighting over other "guy"
            Houston-Tucker/SP or 2/C. They are fighting over the arms
            TB-Sanchez/Brandon Lowe/SP/C. Not really fighting just waiting for TB to offer Sanchez as centerpiece

Again Miami is in NO rush. They are hoping Philly signs Harper which would make Atlanta panic and up the offer
            The Atlanta and Houston "deals" would amount to Miami getting less for two years of Realmuto than DBacks got for one year of Goldschmidt at a much larger salary.
            TB has many prospects that could improve the Marlins at many positions. One thing the Marlins should avoid is starting pitching - it's the one thing the team already has.

Comment

• Should note we are looking at RP and have made a few offers-Adam Warren/Cody Allen were 2 names I heard

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
              The Atlanta and Houston "deals" would amount to Miami getting less for two years of Realmuto than DBacks got for one year of Goldschmidt at a much larger salary.
              TB has many prospects that could improve the Marlins at many positions. One thing the Marlins should avoid is starting pitching - it's the one thing the team already has.
              Ya Riley/Anderson/Wentz OR Tucker/Martin/JB/C is less than Arizona got. Maybe Houston throws in AJ Reed too so Lee loves the deal

They want SP in EVERY deal
              Last edited by tjfla; 01-14-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Still hearing they are ready to move on from Castro and give Isan Diaz the 2B job

- - - - - - - - - -

They are talking with 3 teams(Atlanta/Houston/TB) hard and are NOT far off with any of them so could move quickly but havent heard anything
                Machado and hundreds of millions seems utterly our of the question

Castro extension? What? They can't give him away as it stands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                  Machado and hundreds of millions seems utterly our of the question

Castro extension? What? They can't give him away as it stands.
                  So true in 2020 we have 60 million to spend but giving a guy 30-35 million we cant afford(25 million to still spend on #1 SP/other)

Comment

Should note we are looking at RP and have made a few offers-Adam Warren/Cody Allen were 2 names I heard

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya Riley/Anderson/Wentz OR Tucker/Martin/JB/C is less than Arizona got

They want SP in EVERY deal
                    L Weaver and Carson Kelly were both F/V 55 prospects, like Riley and Anderson. Weaver was far more developed than Anderson, who is very high risk with a long way to go. Andy Young, the third piece, is a 2B utility guy that came off a better minor league year than anyone in the entire Marlin system.
                    We have three vacancies in the OF and need SS, 2B, 1B and catcher before worrying about adding to existing vets plus Richards, Smith, Lopez, Neidert, Alcantara and Urena.
                    Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-14-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      L Weaver and Carson Kelly were both F/V 55 prospects, like Riley and Anderson. Weaver was far more developed than Anderson, who is very high risk with a long way to go. Andy Young, the third piece, is a 2B utility guy that came off a better minor league year than anyone in the entire Marlin system.
                      So true a 24 yr old UT guy who looked good in Hi A/AA has more value then a Joey Wentz or JB/Freudis Nova

Luke Weaver-25 been in Majors 3 years and was OK LY
                      Ian Anderson-21 more team control and great in minors

I know I cant win arguments with u but u might be worst evaluator ever

Comment

So true a 24 yr old UT guy who looked good in Hi A/AA has more value then a Joey Wentz or JB/Freudis Nova

Luke Weaver-25 been in Majors 3 years and was OK LY
                        Ian Anderson-21 more team control and great in minors

I know I cant win arguments with u but u might be worst evaluator ever
                        Differences of opinions do not constitute arguments. Just remember, FV 55 prospects have a mere 20% of becoming significant impact major leaguers.

Comment

Yep. All over him for those prices and tell him, be a good soldier for 2 years while we figure shit out. Give him a 5 year opt out, who cares.

The later is a fine thing to do, but I hope they see Castro as a value opportunity. The middle of the road up the middle guys (Lowrie, LeMahieu) aren't making a fortune right now, so you can probably secure him for a good price. If Castro doesn't take a club-friendly deal (which I think is in the $11-13 million a year range for a 4 year deal starting today), it's a no thanks. But maybe he'd take it? I'm buying on Castro's potential for age 29-32 seasons at those prices. BB rate and hard hit spikes last year are very nice. He's pretty safe with some real upside in the bat.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Should note we are looking at RP and have made a few offers-Adam Warren/Cody Allen were 2 names I heard
                          I like this to deflect saves from Steckenrider so he's cheaper to retain, or a more valued asset to move. Stating the obvious here.

Comment

• Starlin Castro's value really confuses me, we're told by folks like tj and he seems to be right, that Castro has little to no value on the trade market, but then you get to free agency and his contract seems more than fair for what he provides.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Starlin Castro's value really confuses me, we're told by folks like tj and he seems to be right, that Castro has little to no value on the trade market, but then you get to free agency and his contract seems more than fair for what he provides.
                              I think it's just that there are so many free agent 2nd basemen available that teams would rather just sign one of them than give up anything to acquire Castro. Not really an indictment of Castro...just a crowded market.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                                I think it's just that there are so many free agent 2nd basemen available that teams would rather just sign one of them than give up anything to acquire Castro. Not really an indictment of Castro...just a crowded market.
                                I know it's a lot to ask the Marlins to act like a real organization, but a real organization throws in $5-$6 million to go along with Castro and you get a nice return.

Comment

Working...
                                X