Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes makes a lot of sense to Cleveland (Bauer, Kluber, add in Verdugo) and obviously Marlins.

Changes nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      Barnes makes a lot of sense to Cleveland (Bauer, Kluber, add in Verdugo) and obviously Marlins.

Changes nothing.
      Changes nothing mostly because the Dodgers weren't dealing anyway. Mish has always listed them as a non-factor. The Dodgers, as a rule, don't trade higher prospects.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
      It's completely out of the question. It's like saying Clemson today would beat any NFL team. They would get crushed. The Marlins 25 man roster pitchers would dominate.
      It's more a matter of posing the question properly. During their respective 25-28 year-old service years in the majors, which group will produce the highest cumulaltive WAR, the Marlin 25-man or the Rays' top 30?

Craig Mish at 3:30: Rays have genuine interest and are willing to be creative to make it work.
      Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-11-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
        Ken Rosenthal

Verified account

@Ken_Rosenthal
        Following Following @Ken_Rosenthal
        More
        There is not a chance the 2019 version of Russell Martin would preclude the #Dodgers from continuing to pursue J.T. Realmuto.

11:22 AM - 11 Jan 2019

Also, Frisaro mentioned that Martin could allow the Dodgers to include Barnes in a Realmuto trade.
        Doesnt change much. LAD was and still is a longshot-they think the Marlins are asking for way to much and the FO's hate each other

The teams to watch are Atlanta/TB/Houston/SD and IF NYY get Machado then NYY too

Like Frisaro mentioned-we are talking in depth to 6 teams

Comment

• So yeah I’m gonna say Marlins are the mystery team in on Manny.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• https://twitter.com/fishstripes/stat...62074156032000

new pictures of ballpark updates. Cant wait to see it finished. I also think this year is just one of eventually a number of changes to the ballpark to come. Not that the trop is any kind f model to go off of but the rays recently closed off a whole bunch of seats to create a more intimate game experience and i hope the marlins and other MLB smaller market teams follow suit. ive never understood why the sport with the most games in their regular season often has the stadiums with the most seats aside from football. Obviously the stadiums are outdoors generally and there is more room in a large baseball stadium but Ive always thought that especially small market teams like the marlins should minimize the number of seats and maximize the attractions or create a more intimate experience.

I've mentioned it before but I think the stadium would be significantly better if they took out the upper deck sections (or at least a few sections) in RF and make it into a bar/restaurant and SRO area. You could have views overlooking the field and I believe you'd also be positioned to look through the LF glass panels into the landscape of DT miami from that angle. there is no need for the marlins to have a 37,000 seat stadium for 81 home games a year. Literally the only times i think ive ever seen the upper deck even opened were the first game of the stadium, the all star game, and WBC games. If you take out those seats in the upper deck OF and put in the SRO bar area and cut the seats down to like 30,000 total that would be a good move to make next, especially if it could open earlier to give fans more dining/drinking options around the stadium to compensate for the surrounding area of the ballpark.
            Last edited by fish16; 01-12-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Interesting note from Rosenthal this morning:

Ken Rosenthal

Verified account

@Ken_Rosenthal
              Following Following @Ken_Rosenthal
              More
              Odd but interesting: The #Marlins showed interest in DJ LeMahieu, sources tell The Athletic. Team viewed him as undervalued asset at potential below-market price. MIA knows it eventually will need to add vets. Might have accelerated process if successful on DJ. Never got close.

6:43 AM - 12 Jan 2019

I mean, if they were willing to go in on LeMahieu, they should be in on Machado. I know the price tag is a big difference, but with so little money committed after this year, take the chance.

Comment

• Given our salary right now it makes a ton of sense for us to be doing a lot of due diligence on potential value signings for 1-2 year deals for veterans.

Comment

• If they were in on LeMahieu, does that lend credence to them being the mystery team in on Machado?

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                    If they were in on LeMahieu, does that lend credence to them being the mystery team in on Machado?
                    If Jorge Mas owned the team I would say 100% we are the mystery team but havent heard us connected at all. They have tons of cash for 2020 and hole at SS so possible

Comment

• I wish we could have this free agent class next year and i could get in on the idea of a machado signing. Just seems like its a year early for a signing like that but what the hell. Obviously it would be a great signing. I doubt we're that mystery team though this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        I wish we could have this free agent class next year and i could get in on the idea of a machado signing. Just seems like its a year early for a signing like that but what the hell. Obviously it would be a great signing. I doubt we're that mystery team though this year.
                        Machado will be 28 in 2020. He may be worth jumping on. He'd be a marketing wet dream for the Marlins, too.

Comment

• Everyone has their own view of the perfect signing. For me, it would have been signing Jazz Chisolm for $100,000, like the DBacks did with their now #1 prospect. Seems unthinkable that such a prospect could have been "hiding" about 185 miles away in Nassau.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            Everyone has their own view of the perfect signing. For me, it would have been signing Jazz Chisolm for $100,000, like the DBacks did with their now #1 prospect. Seems unthinkable that such a prospect could have been "hiding" about 185 miles away in Nassau.
                            Can't figure out why we never got into the Bahamas??(Jeff probably didn't wanna pay for a ticket to watch them) We drafted Seymour but havent signed any as IFA. More surprising is teams that scout the Bahamas hard are Arizona and LAA

2020 will be big for us in IFA because the guys weren't/aren't committed. Our scouting guys can get them and have past relationships with trainers

Not sure who the Braves used for Curacao but would love for us to jump into that market. Curacao/Bahamas/Venezuela are all markets u think we could do great in
                            Last edited by tjfla; 01-13-2019, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              Machado will be 28 in 2020. He may be worth jumping on. He'd be a marketing wet dream for the Marlins, too.
                              Reports are offers of 8/250 for Machado if that is true then we MIGHT be the mystery team

I like what Jeter and his guys have done BUT if Mas owned the team Machado would be in Miami 1000% if the offers were 8/250
                              Last edited by tjfla; 01-14-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Marlins also really wanna deal Straily but value is very low right now. They expect to trade JT before ST and hope a SP or 2 get hurt and can deal Straily too

Rotation right now(in FO eyes)

Urena/Chen/Straily/Richards/Pablo. They would love to put Alcantara in ML rotation

AAA-Alcantara/Gallen/Elieser/Yamamoto/Neidert/Merandy/Brigham(last 2 probably get moved to RP/Swing however this year)

Caleb Smith is also gonna be in the rotation but likely to start year on DL

TONS of SP depth right now and they wanna add more in JT deal!!!!
                                Last edited by tjfla; 01-14-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X