Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The point is, not trading for outfielders because of our surplus of talent there is laughable at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      The point is, not trading for outfielders because of our surplus of talent there is laughable at this point.
      Point is I agree with u. I dont care he is an OF-he is very talented.

No clue what we are gonna do with 6 guys is all

Comment

• Well if Monte and Brinson have duplicate years in 2019 as they had in 2018 they'll be AAA filler along with Miller and Sierra.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Point is I agree with u. I dont care he is an OF-he is very talented.

No clue what we are gonna do with 6 guys is all
          Hey, if they all somehow turn out to be good, you trade them for other pieces you need.

Comment

The point is, not trading for outfielders because of our surplus of talent there is laughable at this point.
            Yes and no.

Brinson, Monte, Scott, and VVM are basically all top 100 prospects right now. Brinson's stock is down, but he still has the pedigree and is allowed a one year-mulligan.

You can take on an OF if it is proven MLB talent (Nimmo, Conforto), or someone who projects higher than the prospects (Tucker, Trammell). Adding some FV55/50 prospect redundancy at the same level as those 4 would be pretty stupid, unless it's a third player in a deal and you get the overpay. They just need to go at it from a MLB or super high end prospect level if they are getting an OF as a main piece.

Realmuto is a big trade chip. The Marlins need to dictate the terms. MLB talent or a super duper high end guy is the only exception for me, to not target C/SS/Ace-SP.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nimmo/Gimenez is really a perfect 1-2. They need to get over Rosario if that's the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              Yes and no.

Brinson, Monte, Scott, and VVM are basically all top 100 prospects right now. Brinson's stock is down, but he still has the pedigree and is allowed a one year-mulligan.

You can take on an OF if it is proven MLB talent (Nimmo, Conforto), or someone who projects higher than the prospects (Tucker, Trammell). Adding some FV55/50 prospect redundancy at the same level as those 4 would be pretty stupid, unless it's a third player in a deal and you get the overpay. They just need to go at it from a MLB or super high end prospect level if they are getting an OF as a main piece.

Realmuto is a big trade chip. The Marlins need to dictate the terms. MLB talent or a super duper high end guy is the only exception for me, to not target C/SS/Ace-SP.
              If Brinson goes another full season of around a .600 OPS. I have a hard time believing he goes into 2020 as a starter at the major league level. He'd be about to turn 26 at that point. I just don't see it. This year is make or break for Brinson.

Comment

• Mets are CAVING

Joel Sherman
                ‏Verified account @Joelsherman1

#Mets feel Realmuto is still a possibility for them. This is what I SENSE: Syndergaard off table. #Marlins want Conforto. NYM perhaps willing to mull Rosario/Nimmo/Peterson. Miami has multiple suitors so price will be big.
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• At this point in time you can’t. Go into making a deal because you have Brinson and Monte. They’ve shown enough holes in their games that they have to prove. Passing on a Trammel fow a lower ceiling prospect and the other guys not putting it together is what gets people fired.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Miami has stayed on Rosario/Nimmo/Peterson/C offer since last tuesday. Like Sherman said Marlins want Conforto but Mets said NO which made them switch to that offer(which I heard they actually prefer to Conforto and lesser)

Comment

If Brinson goes another full season of around a .600 OPS. I have a hard time believing he goes into 2020 as a starter at the major league level. He'd be about to turn 26 at that point. I just don't see it. This year is make or break for Brinson.
                      I agree with that completely, but it doesn't change the depth right now. I'm just saying, you need to beat those guys with a much better prospect (Tucker, Trammell), or get a proven MLB player (Nimmo). They need to figure out much more dramatically the C/SS/Ace situation and it'll be harder to get those guys with a good OF prospect, as Realmuto is still going to be better on the market.

Use him to get the harder problems to solve unless it's a truly elite guy like Tucker. That's all.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Miami has stayed on Rosario/Nimmo/Peterson/C offer since last tuesday. Like Sherman said Marlins want Conforto but Mets said NO which made them switch to that offer(which I heard they actually prefer to Conforto and lesser)
                      It sounds like they are holding out on this for a miracle and can quickly swap in Gimenez and "pick a catcher."

That makes sense for everybody, especially if Lagares is dumped, Wittgren or Rojas is shot over, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        I agree with that completely, but it doesn't change the depth right now. I'm just saying, you need to beat those guys with a much better prospect (Tucker, Trammell), or get a proven MLB player (Nimmo). They need to figure out much more dramatically the C/SS/Ace situation and it'll be harder to get those guys with a good OF prospect, as Realmuto is still going to be better on the market.

Use him to get the harder problems to solve unless it's a truly elite guy like Tucker. That's all.

- - - - - - - - - -

It sounds like they are holding out on this for a miracle and can quickly swap in Gimenez and "pick a catcher."

That makes sense for everybody, especially if Lagares is dumped, Wittgren or Rojas is shot over, etc.
                        I agree with u. But Miami is sticking to guns and making NYM trade Rosario or move on. If NYM cant do the deal they will do something with Atlanta/Cincy/other

Comment

• to me its not just that we have quality OF talent (which we do, not saying it will all pan out), its also how close they all are to mlb ready and the need to at least see if the other guys are pieces moving forward. i was fine with adding conner scott in the first round because he is another year or 2 off from those guys. at this point youre right though talent should override everything. i just question if this package is the best we can get.

Comment

• Jon Morosi
                            ‏Verified account @jonmorosi

J.T. Realmuto trade is possible in the coming days. #Reds, #Mets, #Braves among the teams involved as of this morning. @MLBNetwork @MLB

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              I agree with u. But Miami is sticking to guns and making NYM trade Rosario or move on. If NYM cant do the deal they will do something with Atlanta/Cincy/other
                              as they should. nimmo isnt close to a centerpiece in a jt deal unless you're flipping him for someone who is.

Comment

• Deals we have told teams we want

NYM-Rosario/Nimmo/Peterson/C
                                Cincy-Trammell/Jeter Downs/Barnhart/mid level prospect
                                Atlanta-Riley/Newcomb,Soroka/Wilson,Wentz,Muller(Not sure on exact arms)

Denbo and the FO do NOT seem to be budging either and yes NL East teams are paying more

Philly-Sixto/Alfaro/Nick Williams/2 other High End Prospects(They said NO)

Comment

Working...
                                X