Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of lucroy, he'd be at the top of my list of good free agent signings should we trade JT and not get a C back in the deal. Minimal risk and high potential reward

Comment

• #Mets have discussed trade in which they would land J.T. Realmuto in three-team deal with #Yankees and #Marlins, sources tell The Athletic. Not known if Syndergaard involved. NYM would not part with Syndergaard (three years control) if getting only Realmuto (two years) in return.
      https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/st...748419072?s=21

Shits about to start popping
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post

Marlins get Yankees #18 prospect and Mets #8 prospect in this scenario.

Comment

Whether it's a two-way (Yankees/Fish) or three-way with the Mets, I'd be well satisfied to get Miguel Andujar, c Seigler, and rhp Deivi Garcia for Realmuto and a relief pitcher.

Comment

• Buster Olney

Verified account

@Buster_ESPN
            Following Following @Buster_ESPN
            More
            The sense among some other teams is that the Marlins have begun to push to make a Realmuto trade, which is a major change in their past approach. For a year, they set a very high price and challenged anyone to meet it, and waited. Now they seem to be looking to finish a deal.

5:20 AM - 11 Dec 2018

Comment

Its gonna be popping all day however like Mish said NO ONE seems to know what Miami is getting in the deal.

NYY-Thor/d'Arnaud
              NYM-JT/Gray
              Mia-NO CLUE

Should NOTE NYM are also talking to Cleveland and SD about 3 way deals with Miami. Reason for this is Miami does NOT want Nimmo or Conforto and NYM refuse to trade Rosario

Comment

• my favorite part of the winter meetings is when reporters just come up with new phrases to describe what a team is doing even if its not actually news. now we're beginning to make a push

- - - - - - - - - -

feel like a 3 team deal involving syndergaard going to the yankees is making this unnecessarily complicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  my favorite part of the winter meetings is when reporters just come up with new phrases to describe what a team is doing even if its not actually news. now we're beginning to make a push

- - - - - - - - - -

feel like a 3 team deal involving syndergaard going to the yankees is making this unnecessarily complicated.
                  It is. All NYM has to do is include Rosario and deal is done. They refuse to(even tho Gimenez is a SS and should be ready next year). Funny thing is Miami really doesn't like tons in NYY system. Wade/Andujar/Deivi Garcia/Abreu/and like 2 others

Assume a deal will be Tyler Wade and either Nimmo OR Clint Frazier and tons of prospects from NYM/NYY. Would love Andujar to be in it however!!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Again have heard also NYM/Clev/Mia and NYM/SD/Mia 3 way talks too. Even a 4 way with NYM/NYY/SD/Mia(Very UNLIKELY)
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-11-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Andujar is obviously a really good long term piece to pick up but a little scared how much the ballpark and lineup around him could be helping him. Have worries about what his ceiling is because of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      Andujar is obviously a really good long term piece to pick up but a little scared how much the ballpark and lineup around him could be helping him. Have worries about what his ceiling is because of that.
                      Well according to Met fans he would end up with NYM

Again no one seems to know what Miami is getting in any of these deals. Only "reporting" is

NYM-JT/Gray
                      NYY-Thor/d'Arnaud
                      Miami-?????/?????

Could be more going to each of them but Gray to replace Thor in NYM and d'Arnaud to Catch in NYY until Sanchez is back

- - - - - - - - - -

Only REAL news is likely a trade involving JT today.

NYM/SD and 1 other team likely to get him. 1 other team said to be LAD OR Philly

Comment

• i doubt something that complicated will end up being the deal getting done given the amount of teams in on JT. Also dont see enough prospects between the yankees and mets system to get a deal done involving thor and jt unless there are a lot of young ML guys like sanchez, torres, rosario, nimmo, conforto, andujar, etc.

Comment

• Syndergaard is going to cost a fortune. He is probably worth around $80 million in surplus value, arguably more than Realmuto, but he may be dinged a little because of his injury history.

I assume they would take back Sonny Gray in any deal to replace Thor which makes sense, but you're needing to make up a ton of value there.

E. Floral isn't very exciting. Loaisiga seems pretty solid. He's probably a great 3rd guy in a deal for either. They have a bunch of good arms that would profile as great 3rd/4th players in a deal.

Which brings this to Gary, Andujar, Gleyber, and Frazier. I assume Gleyber is completely untouchable, and Gary is close too it as it is selling low and they like him still. If they sign Machado or Harper, that completely eliminates any need for Andujar or Frazier respectively. I think that is where this is going. The Yankees best prospects are OF (Frazier/Floral/Pereira/Cabello), and they will have a lot of money tied up into Stanton/Judge, so this is screaming Manny at 3B.

My gut is something like this, and it has to be this crazy given the all-stars involved:

Yankees - Syndergaard, Rojas, Conley

Mets - Realmuto, S. Gray, Wittgren; NYY P prospect (outside top 10-15)

Marlins - Andujar; Gimenez; Loaisiga; Nido; NYY P prospect (outside top 5-10)

Yankees sign Machado, Rojas bridges to Didi mid-season, Conley obviously helps their pen. They are fucking set to try and win 110.

Mets sign Pollock, extend Realmuto, preserve their entire team besides Thor, and a SS and C they don't need with Rosario and Realmuto around

Marlins get their 1B of the future (Andujar can't stay at 3B longterm), SS of the future, another SP/high end RP candidate, backup catcher, and another arm. They sign a cheap SS to help out in 2019 to replace Rojas. Maybe D'Arnaud or Lagares is dumped over here too which would be fine. Marlins just need a longterm C and more high end SP on paper, which seems like the 2019 draft for the catcher and free agency for an Ace in 20/21.

This is what would be sent out per team, which makes value sense to me for the most part and I think this fills needs for everyone.

NYY - Andujar, Loaisiga, S. Gray, P Prospect, P Prospect (Assuming the P prospects are FV 50 and FV45 level, you're around $110)
                          NYM - Syndeergarrd, Gimenez, Nido (approx $110-130 surplus, depending on Thor health)
                          MIA - Realmuto, Rojas, Conley, Wittgren (approx $110-130 surplus, given a Realmuto 5 year extension)

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Syndergaard is going to cost a fortune. He is probably worth around $80 million in surplus value, arguably more than Realmuto, but he may be dinged a little because of his injury history.

I assume they would take back Sonny Gray in any deal to replace Thor which makes sense, but you're needing to make up a ton of value there.

E. Floral isn't very exciting. Loaisiga seems pretty solid. He's probably a great 3rd guy in a deal for either. They have a bunch of good arms that would profile as great 3rd/4th players in a deal.

Which brings this to Gary, Andujar, Gleyber, and Frazier. I assume Gleyber is completely untouchable, and Gary is close too it as it is selling low and they like him still. If they sign Machado or Harper, that completely eliminates any need for Andujar or Frazier respectively. I think that is where this is going. The Yankees best prospects are OF (Frazier/Floral/Pereira/Cabello), and they will have a lot of money tied up into Stanton/Judge, so this is screaming Manny at 3B.

My gut is something like this, and it has to be this crazy given the all-stars involved:

Yankees - Syndergaard, Rojas, Conley

Mets - Realmuto, S. Gray, Wittgren; NYY P prospect (outside top 10-15)

Marlins - Andujar; Gimenez; Loaisiga; Nido; NYY P prospect (outside top 5-10)

Yankees sign Machado, Rojas bridges to Didi mid-season, Conley obviously helps their pen. They are fucking set to try and win 110.

Mets sign Pollock, extend Realmuto, preserve their entire team besides Thor, and a SS and C they don't need with Rosario and Realmuto around

Marlins get their 1B of the future (Andujar can't stay at 3B longterm), SS of the future, another SP/high end RP candidate, backup catcher, and another arm. They sign a cheap SS to help out in 2019 to replace Rojas. Maybe D'Arnaud or Lagares is dumped over here too which would be fine. Marlins just need a longterm C and more high end SP on paper, which seems like the 2019 draft for the catcher and free agency for an Ace in 20/21.

This is what would be sent out per team, which makes value sense to me for the most part and I think this fills needs for everyone.

NYY - Andujar, Loaisiga, S. Gray, P Prospect, P Prospect (Assuming the P prospects are FV 50 and FV45 level, you're around $110)
                            NYM - Syndeergarrd, Gimenez, Nido (approx $110-130 surplus, depending on Thor health)
                            MIA - Realmuto, Rojas, Conley, Wittgren (approx $110-130 surplus, given a Realmuto 5 year extension)
                            I see it like this

NYY-Thor/d'Arnaud/Rojas/RP from Miami
                            NYM-JT/Gray/RP from someone
                            Mia-Andujar/Nimmo OR Frazier/Deivi Garcia/Nido/3 other prospects--I could see Miami asking for Gimenez OR Wade in a deal tho

U are right on Andujar tho he would be a 1B long term
                            NYY gets guys to help until Sanchez and Didi are back
                            NYM gets Gray to replace Thor

- - - - - - - - - -

I rather have a NYM/SD/Mia 3 way but they BOTH want JT.

This also could work

NYY-Kluber and more
                            Clev-JT/Frazier
                            Miami-Andujar/Prospects from both

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              I see it like this

NYY-Thor,d'Arnaud,Rojas,,RP from Miami
                              NYM-JT/Gray/RP from someone
                              Mia-Andujar/Nimmo OR Frazier/Deivi Garcia/Nido/3 other prospects

U are right on Andujar tho he would be a 1B long term
                              NYY gets guys to help until Sanchez and Didi are back
                              NYM gets Gray to replace Thor
                              I can buy D'Arnaud going over too.

I can buy swapping out Nimmo/Andujar in that trade above, and Mets just keeping Andujar. Honestly either would be fine. I think I'd prefer Nimmo actually as Andujar's defense is atrocious and who knows what happens with him at 1B.

If they keep Andujar though, that means Alonso is available. They can't keep both. So maybe the Mets keep whatever pitcher the yankees have to include (which makes sense, as now NYM has double downed with Gray and and say Loaisiga) and send over Nimmo, Gimenez, Alonso, Nido, and a throw in P arm.

That gets us back to where we started - Nimmo, Gimenez, Alonso, Nido, Arm

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                I can buy D'Arnaud going over too.

I can buy swapping out Nimmo/Andujar in that trade above, and Mets just keeping Andujar. Honestly either would be fine. I think I'd prefer Nimmo actually as Andujar's defense is atrocious and who knows what happens with him at 1B.

If they keep Andujar though, that means Alonso is available. They can't keep both. So maybe the Mets keep whatever pitcher the yankees have to include (which makes sense, as now NYM has double downed with Gray and and say Loaisiga) and send over Nimmo, Gimenez, Alonso, Nido, and a throw in P arm.

That gets us back to where we started - Nimmo, Gimenez, Alonso, Nido, Arm
                                Ya tons of pieces and u are right on Andujar-if NYM get him Alonso is available since they are both 1B ONLY long term

Well we would get more stuff from NYY but thats what is so confusing about this whole thing

NYM could have gotten JT since Thursday if they would offer

NYM-JT/Rojas
                                Mia-Rosario/Nimmo/Peterson/Nido/mid level prospect

but they refuse to include Rosario

Comment

Working...
                                X