Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Seattle will want Straily or Urena as a cheap SP option?

- - - - - - - - - -

2019 Draft

At this point they have

#34/44/82 could go Up or Down depending on signings

Best part is LOTS of Pool Cash and Denbo has already shown he is willing to spend it ALL and go BPA

- - - - - - - - - -

If Billy Beane would step up we could also add #38 in the draft and even MORE Draft Pool $$$

I would listen and be interested in a deal like

Oak-JT/DD
    Miami-Luzardo/Sean Murphy/Barreto/mid level prospect(Richie Martin/Grant Holmes)/#38 Pick

Gets u a Top SP,ML Ready C and SS(3 main things u need and want) and more Draft Stock plus gets JT out of the NL

Comment

• Caring that JT doesnt go to the division or same league is beyond dumb.

- - - - - - - - - -

Completely different situations and players, but James Paxton getting Sheffield from the yankees would seem to be good for anyone with a veteran good player to trade. That seems like a short sighted trade and massive overpay.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        Caring that JT doesnt go to the division or same league is beyond dumb.

- - - - - - - - - -

Completely different situations and players, but James Paxton getting Sheffield from the yankees would seem to be good for anyone with a veteran good player to trade. That seems like a short sighted trade and massive overpay.
        Agreed but 3 "insiders" have now mentioned it so not just talk.

I think they are just trying to get more out of Atlanta
        Last edited by tjfla; 11-19-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Agreed but 3 "insiders" have now mentioned it so not just talk.

I think they are just trying to get more out of Atlanta
          Oh i dont doubt that we might be thinking that way, just think it is stupid for any team to care about that at all. Atlanta or Houston needs to be the first priority.

Comment

• Is it that dumb? I personally would rather not face Realmuto 19 times a year with a Braves team that is already going to be good. I mean, if they have the best offer you have to take it, but their offer would have to be significantly better than anyone else's offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
              Is it that dumb? I personally would rather not face Realmuto 19 times a year with a Braves team that is already going to be good. I mean, if they have the best offer you have to take it, but their offer would have to be significantly better than anyone else's offer.
              Unless Realmuto agrees to an extension with ATL, we're only looking at facing him during a two-year window when the Marlins wouldn't be competitive anyway. The other side is that we would hopefully be depleting our competitor of future talent. Who knows? Ian Anderson might prove to be an ace.

I'm leery about what the Dodgers might pull off. If they sell Marlin brass on Verdugo and W. Smith as headliners, I'll be feeling some pain. Sure, Verdugo looks like an okay but no HR or SB OF, but that's not a building block. Lutz is the guy they will steer us away from ... and the impactful MI Miami needs. I'd settle for Smith instead of Ruiz, but certainly not as a preference.
              Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-20-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Is it that dumb? I personally would rather not face Realmuto 19 times a year with a Braves team that is already going to be good. I mean, if they have the best offer you have to take it, but their offer would have to be significantly better than anyone else's offer.
                And again, yes, thats dumb antiquated thinking, especially with us not trying to compete at the very least this year and possibly next year too. You worry about getting the best deal for your asset.

Comment

And again, yes, thats dumb antiquated thinking, especially with us not trying to compete at the very least this year and possibly next year too. You worry about getting the best deal for your asset.
                  I get that the Marlins won't be competing next year, but the hope is that they will be in 2020 or 2021...and when the time comes, I would rather not have traded the best catcher in baseball to someone I will face 19 times a year. If they have the best offer, of course...but if there are 2 similar offers, I don't think it is dumb or antiquated to pick the one outside of the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                    Unless Realmuto agrees to an extension with ATL, we're only looking at facing him during a two-year window when the Marlins wouldn't be competitive anyway. The other side is that we would hopefully be depleting our competitor of future talent. Who knows? Ian Anderson might prove to be an ace.

I'm leery about what the Dodgers might pull off. If they sell Marlin brass on Verdugo and W. Smith as headliners, I'll be feeling some pain. Sure, Verdugo looks like an okay but no HR or SB OF, but that's not a building block. Lutz is the guy they will steer us away from ... and the impactful MI Miami needs. I'd settle for Smith instead of Ruiz, but certainly not as a preference.
                    It's very likely a team acquiring Realmuto is going to sign him for 5 years. It makes a lot of sense where he is as a player and for an organization.

That being said, I do not care where he is traded. Best package. One can only control what one does. If it's not Realmuto, Atlanta will cash in somewhere else with the prospects. It doesn't matter.

Comment

I get that the Marlins won't be competing next year, but the hope is that they will be in 2020 or 2021...and when the time comes, I would rather not have traded the best catcher in baseball to someone I will face 19 times a year. If they have the best offer, of course...but if there are 2 similar offers, I don't think it is dumb or antiquated to pick the one outside of the division.
                      Youre not trading him for nothing and just giving a competitor a free addition.. A trade means each team is giving up assets and receiving other assets. It makes 0 difference to us what JT does after we move him or who he does it for. If the braves dont get him they have the assets to get someone else to improve their team. Worrying about trading in your division in year 2 of a rebuild is just making it more difficult on yourself for no reason.

Comment

• Any other situation I would say trading in division matters, but yeah we saw how far we are from contending last year. Trading Realmuto will make us even significantly farther away. Get the most talent you can regardless of the circumstances.

Comment

Youre not trading him for nothing and just giving a competitor a free addition.. A trade means each team is giving up assets and receiving other assets. It makes 0 difference to us what JT does after we move him or who he does it for. If the braves dont get him they have the assets to get someone else to improve their team. Worrying about trading in your division in year 2 of a rebuild is just making it more difficult on yourself for no reason.
                          I'm not saying not to trade him in the division if the offer is better...just that if there are 2 offers that are similar, I would understand going with the one not inside the division. If the Braves have the best offer, so be it.

Comment

I'm not saying not to trade him in the division if the offer is better...just that if there are 2 offers that are similar, I would understand going with the one not inside the division. If the Braves have the best offer, so be it.
                            I don't think anyone disagrees with this. If the offers are equal, you take the one outside the division. But it sounds like they're going to charge a premium to a NL East team, and that's silly. If the Braves have the best offer, you make that trade. You don't take a lesser deal in any capacity to keep him out of the division.

Comment

• Looks like EVERYTHING will be going thru Houston

Houston turned down a Paxton for Whitley trade

Houston is talking with Miami about JT and Pitching,Cleveland about Kluber AND Gomes,Arizona about Goldy and Pitching

As for the Braves,I dont mind trading JT to them IF they overpay for him.At this point Miami is refusing to trade him to an NL East team(Wash/NYM are out already) hoping that another team jumps in. If no one does by the Winter Meetings they will likely go back to Atlanta and try to get something like been mentioning

Atl-JT
                              Miami-Soroka OR Anderson,Riley,Wentz OR Muller PLUS 2 other guys(Make them pay premium)

Comment

• No shit the Astros turned down a whitley for paxton trade. Who would be stupid enough to make that trade? This front office is beyond foolish if they take the braves off the table simply because they are in the same division. it does nothing but hurt your ability to rebuild this team as quickly as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X