This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Still looking at Machado but not at price he wants-7/240 and Miami are players for him
    7/$215 and front load it in 2019 and 2020

Comment

U are kinda getting their next 3 best. Alvarez #3/Perez #5,Martin #6,JB #7/Nova #9.

#4 is Josh James who is 26 and likely a RP
      #8 is Seth Beer who is Alvarez clone

I dont mind an LAD or Houston deal
      I guess. It just seems light to me compared to some of the other rumored deals. It's that quantity over quality approach, and I don't think that's where their head should be at. Get blue chip prospects. This is your last chance to do so via trades.

Comment

and 2 or 3 Vet Arms
        Why, you just keep Straily and sign a LOOGY

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          Why, you just keep Straily and sign a LOOGY
          Vet arms as in Minor League with Invite(Jacob Turner/Rucinski type guys or normal Marlins type) didn't mean like good vets

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          I guess. It just seems light to me compared to some of the other rumored deals. It's that quantity over quality approach, and I don't think that's where their head should be at. Get blue chip prospects. This is your last chance to do so via trades.
          Ya Denbo wants to add "depth" still. I wouldnt be surprised if we get a Yelich type deal after a bidding war type thing between LAD/Houston/Whoever Misses on Ramos or Grandal. We get Top Bat and Top Arm they like then 2 or 3 other guys who could be ML guys eventually

2019 is gonna be just like 2018-all about adding as much talent as possible for 2020/21. Trades/Draft/IFA

Comment

Vet arms as in Minor League with Invite(Jacob Turner/Rucinski type guys or normal Marlins type) didn't mean like good vets

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya Denbo wants to add "depth" still. I wouldnt be surprised if we get a Yelich type deal after a bidding war type thing between LAD/Houston/Whoever Misses on Ramos or Grandal. We get Top Bat and Top Arm they like then 2 or 3 other guys who could be ML guys eventually

2019 is gonna be just like 2018-all about adding as much talent as possible for 2020/21. Trades/Draft/IFA
            If they get a Yelich-type return, I will lose all hope in their ability to build a good team. That would be incredibly stupid, and would mean they'd need to get lucky in the draft to ever be good again.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
              If they get a Yelich-type return, I will lose all hope in their ability to build a good team. That would be incredibly stupid, and would mean they'd need to get lucky in the draft to ever be good again.
              I agree. I'm not saying we don't need depth, but JT is our last big piece to hope for a top return, and we've got nothing like that (a top guy) in the system.

Comment

• Everything this organization does is a disaster.

Comment

• Priorities in Realmuto deal should be a catcher and a SS. They are glaring vacancies with no internal prospects on the horizon. My targets are Ruiz (not Smith) and Lux or Chisholm and Varsho for that reason. Arizona isn't seen as a player, but that could change. Pitching is far less crucial at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                    Priorities in Realmuto deal should be a catcher and a SS. They are glaring vacancies with no internal prospects on the horizon. My targets are Ruiz (not Smith) and Lux or Chisholm and Varsho for that reason. Arizona isn't seen as a player, but that could change. Pitching is far less crucial at this time.
                    I disagree. You should be trying to get the best prospects regardless of position. All things being equal, sure, you target those positions. But it's all about value. I'm not taking a lesser prospect just because he's a SS or catcher. Also, catcher is a high-risk position even for top tier prospects. And the Marlins do have Will Banfield at that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                      If they got a Yelich type return, that would be an enormous surplus value win. I'm judging this based on prospect status, not the whirlpool of suck and despair that Brinson and Monte put forth this year. If they get the Yelich deal on paper, everyone needs to get off Mike Hill for a few months.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      Priorities in Realmuto deal should be a catcher and a SS. They are glaring vacancies with no internal prospects on the horizon. My targets are Ruiz (not Smith) and Lux or Chisholm and Varsho for that reason. Arizona isn't seen as a player, but that could change. Pitching is far less crucial at this time.
                      I would say a top end SP is the biggest organizational need. They need multiple higher upside pitchers as the only hope is Rogers, Garret, E. Cabrera, Alcantara, or Guzman really breaking out. We know what you think about the last two already. Maybe they get "1" # 2 SP out of here in a best case scenario, but they need more than that. There is at least hope at SS with Osiris, Devers, Torress, and maybe Dunand can stay there, as well as Banfield even if he is a few years away. They do need more/better SS and C prospects, but SP is # 1 and # 2 to me.

Plus, they will eventually have to spend money and it's more risk-averse to spend on bats.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        If they got a Yelich type return, that would be an enormous surplus value win. I'm judging this based on prospect status, not the whirlpool of suck and despair that Brinson and Monte put forth this year. If they get the Yelich deal on paper, everyone needs to get off Mike Hill for a few months.

- - - - - - - - - -

I would say a top end SP is the biggest organizational need. They need multiple higher upside pitchers as the only hope is Rogers, Garret, E. Cabrera, Alcantara, or Guzman really breaking out. We know what you think about the last two already. Maybe they get "1" # 2 SP out of here in a best case scenario, but they need more than that. There is at least hope at SS with Osiris, Devers, Torress, and maybe Dunand can stay there, as well as Banfield even if he is a few years away. They do need more/better SS and C prospects, but SP is # 1 and # 2 to me.

Plus, they will eventually have to spend money and it's more risk-averse to spend on bats.
                        I like Urena more than most I guess. He followed an improved '17 season with better in '18, adding nearly a K per nine and almost a BB per nine fewer. You can go out and give an Arrieta $20-25M a season, but Urena was every bit as good or better. Lopez, C. Smith, Richards, Alcantara all made a case for the rotation. Chen is going to be there regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          I like Urena more than most I guess. He followed an improved '17 season with better in '18, adding nearly a K per nine and almost a BB per nine fewer. You can go out and give an Arrieta $20-25M a season, but Urena was every bit as good or better. Lopez, C. Smith, Richards, Alcantara all made a case for the rotation. Chen is going to be there regardless.
                          No aces there. They have plenty of arms for the rotation and a few may become 3/4s, but no aces. I'd rather spend that $20-25 million on more reliable bats.

Also want to note Fangraphs in super early rankings has 6 (4 in college and 3 of them can hit lefty!) of the top 11 prospects in 2019 draft at C and SS. https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/...t?type=0&team=. Seems like a perfect situation for the Marlins on a longterm basis.

All I'm saying here is, they will be getting 2 really good prospects for Realmuto, and one absolutely needs to be a starting pitcher. They still need top end pitching even if we all like various arms here and there.

Comment

• After looking into Chisholm from the Diamondbacks closer he actually does strike me as a really good target. only problem is that he is more of a #2 guy in a JT deal and i dont think arizona has that top prospect to get the deal done. I think we need to get one ace potential pitcher, a replacement C (stubbs level guy from Houston who is young but not a top prospect but just something at the position), and a top prospect hitter at 1b, 3b, or SS (Alvarez, Rodgers, Riley, etc).

I think this will be just like last year where we take offers leading up to the winter meetings and then pull the trigger on the best offer once there. Especially after the logo/new uniform release we likely wont rush right into a JT deal immediately afterwards.

Comment

• Jon Morosi is saying Miami is still insisting Houston gives Tucker or Whitley in a Realmuto package. If true, that's great to hear.

https://www.mlb.com/news/phillies-ya...lp/c-300813118

Comment

• Stripes

@fishstripes
                                Following Following @fishstripes
                                More
                                RF Gabriel Guerrero announces on Instagram that he has signed with the Marlins. It’s a minor league deal. Previously in the Reds organization, made his MLB debut last September, turns 25 next month. Currently playing in the Dominican Winter League.

Decent minor league numbers. He hit his only MLB home run in Miami last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X