X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Very true on the depth

Ya not ideal but if the other teams who can beat the offer refuse what do u do? JT's value goes down as soon as the Winter Meetings end. Who knows? I didnt hear Milwaukee in on Yelich so(Lets hope we don't hear Oakland or TB until the last minute)

- - - - - - - - - -

Also dedicated to finding BPA. Alvarez might be 2 tools but bat and power are best tools to have
    Yup, and his tools are desperately needed in the system as a whole and particularly at 1b. The astros really do make the most sense to me given where they are at and with the quality and quantity in the their system.

Comment

• Its whatever right now. We should start hearing rumblings next Tues. GM Meetings start

- - - - - - - - - -

If Miami forgets the names of Tucker and Whitley we can probably work something out with Houston but they couldn't last year which is why NOTHING was done.

Alvarez/Corbin Martin/JB Bukauskas/Cionel Perez/Freudis Nova/Cristian Javier/Dean Deetz/Garrett Stubbs/Max Stassi/Toro-Hernandez/Joe Perez/Arauz are ALL names Miami has interest in

Its like Washington. They call on JT and Mike Hill's response is Robles AND Kieboom Brothers(I AGREE with Mike Hill btw as only deal I would take) If Mike Hill would have said Robles,Wil Crowe,Luis Garcia or Antuna,Read or Severino for JT and a RP LY at the deadline then JT would have been gone already but he refuses

Comment

• lets get victor robles and combine him in the OF long term with victor victor and victor jr. it will be dizzying. Sign Victor Martinez at 1b.

- - - - - - - - - -

on a serious note robles and garcia instead of kieboom might be a compromise. Garcia is a good prospect himself he's just very young and on a lower level than Kieboom.

Comment

Very true on the depth

Ya not ideal but if the other teams who can beat the offer refuse what do u do? JT's value goes down as soon as the Winter Meetings end. Who knows? I didnt hear Milwaukee in on Yelich so(Lets hope we don't hear Oakland or TB until the last minute)
          That's how they operate though, who saw the Rays trading for Pham?

If the Marlins put out the bat signal they are trading the best catcher in baseball, who is 28, has a non-prototypical body type where he has the best chance to hold up versus all of them, and only guaranteed $15 million (or thereabouts) for 2 years, the phone is ringing off the hook.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            lets get victor robles and combine him in the OF long term with victor victor and victor jr. it will be dizzying. Sign Victor Martinez at 1b.

- - - - - - - - - -

on a serious note robles and garcia instead of kieboom might be a compromise. Garcia is a good prospect himself he's just very young and on a lower level than Kieboom.
            That is exactly what Washington thought too but we rejected Robles and more then Washington offered Robles,Antuna, mide level arm and C on 7/30 and were told NO again. I would be open to a Robles/Crowe/Garcia type deal but Wash probably doesn't offer Robles again unless they are resigning Harper

Comment

That is exactly what Washington thought too but we rejected Robles and more then Washington offered Robles,Antuna, mide level arm and C on 7/30 and were told NO again. I would be open to a Robles/Crowe/Garcia type deal but Wash probably doesn't offer Robles again unless they are resigning Harper
              Ya anything with Washington would seem to have to happen after Harper decides one way or another. Probably only if he re-signs.

Comment

• ALL are 18 or 19
                Garcia-Better Version of Devers who could play 2B/3B but would be SS of Future
                Antuna-Devers like who could play 2B/SS/3B
                Sanchez-Worse Version of Devers who can play 2B/SS/3B

But ya nothing happens with Washington until Harper does something

Comment

lets get victor robles and combine him in the OF long term with victor victor and victor jr. it will be dizzying. Sign Victor Martinez at 1b.

- - - - - - - - - -

I thought the circus left with Loria? The 3 Victors haha.

Comment

• I posed a question to Eric Longenhagen in his fangraphs chat this afternoon.
                    Question: Realmuto to AZ for Widener, Chisholm and Varsho. Sound about right?
                    Eric: Oooh, that's kind of a lot for Arizona to give up if they are going to take a one-year shot while Goldy is around. But it's not far off in talent, in a vacuum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      I posed a question to Eric Longenhagen in his fangraphs chat this afternoon.
                      Question: Realmuto to AZ for Widener, Chisholm and Varsho. Sound about right?
                      Eric: Oooh, that's kind of a lot for Arizona to give up if they are going to take a one-year shot while Goldy is around. But it's not far off in talent, in a vacuum.
                      And that's what we said (assuming Duplainter and Widener are around the same level, which they basically are)? Chuck in some throw ins outside their top 20 to make up the value and send them back Straily too as they need a pitcher, and call that a day. They do need to give up more players as they don't have the 1 "it" guy, i.e. a Robles type. Also, ignores they can resign Realmuto. This isn't about Goldy. It's about Realmuto and what he brings overall. Whether Arizona will blow up their farm with the impending exodus of player after 19/20 is irrelevant to me. Realmuto is worth what he is worth.

Comment

• Remember Justin Wayne?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...-year-sentence

also of note: his brother’s name is Hawkeye
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Cubs are reportedly looking to clear a little salary to pick up Hamels option. I wonder if they look to move Schwarber and if we'd be interested in putting him at 1b and in the middle of the lineup. He's arbitration eligible for the first time and just isnt an OF.

- - - - - - - - - -

Or maybe Ben Zobrist's last year of his contract at 12.5 million.

Comment

Cubs are reportedly looking to clear a little salary to pick up Hamels option. I wonder if they look to move Schwarber and if we'd be interested in putting him at 1b and in the middle of the lineup. He's arbitration eligible for the first time and just isnt an OF.

- - - - - - - - - -

I don't think they should acquire anyone with any major asset unless you control them, at minimum, through 2024.

Comment

Cubs are reportedly looking to clear a little salary to pick up Hamels option. I wonder if they look to move Schwarber and if we'd be interested in putting him at 1b and in the middle of the lineup. He's arbitration eligible for the first time and just isnt an OF.

- - - - - - - - - -

Not even fathomable.

Comment

• Assuming they move Realmuto, Castro, and Dietrich, this is the slopfest for 2019 I want to just get to 2020:

C - Nick Hundley, Devin Mesoraco - cheap 1 year free agents who could be solid backups to trade
                                1B - O'Brien, Cooper - Who cares, let them play. See if you got something
                                2B - Rojas, Brad Miller/Logan Forsythe/Something like that - cheap 1 year free agents and see if they rebound, can also cover 1B
                                SS - Riddle - Let him and Rojas platoon, that's fine.
                                3B - Anderson - Set him here and forget him until next year no matter what happens
                                LF - Denard Span/John Jay - cheap 1 year deal, trade candidate at deadline
                                CF - Brinson, "Rule V Pick" - Just grab anyone who can maybe be a 4th OF to challenge Sierra/Lee in the future
                                RF - Curtis Granderson/Cargo - cheap 1 year deal, trade candidate at deadline

Literally field some crap lineup like that as it doesn't matter. Get players for Realmuto, Castro, and Dietrich, and let everyone stay in the minors.

As soon as Diaz, VVM, Monte, and likely at least 1 good bat prospect for Realmuto are ready, they push whoever off their spot as no one is blocking them.

That's what should happen. This isn't a team for Schwarber or Zobrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X