This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Right now they are dealing with JT then Machado. The Machado stuff seems to be 2 things-Does Machado want to be in a rebuild for 2 years AND would he be cool with 200-225 million? If he says YES to both then its a chance he is Miami's SS but its a BIG IF

Gotcha ya they are said to be looking at Rule 5 AND DFA hard this year. #4 Pick in Rule 5 AND #1 in NL Waiver Claims so alot of roster moves will be happening
    I'd imagine the JT thing would also influence Machado.

"oh look, they just signed him to a deal, they mean business."

Vs.

"oh look, they just traded away another good player"

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      I'd imagine the JT thing would also influence Machado.

"oh look, they just signed him to a deal, they mean business."

Vs.

"oh look, they just traded away another good player"
      Sure, but let's say they get a young catcher, young SP, additional bullpen help, then use all of the money they have shedding Castro/Dietrich/Realmuto/Straily/Prado next year/etc. and sign a really good SP and solid 1B instead.

You can sell both scenarios.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Right now they are dealing with JT then Machado. The Machado stuff seems to be 2 things-Does Machado want to be in a rebuild for 2 years AND would he be cool with 200-225 million? If he says YES to both then its a chance he is Miami's SS but its a BIG IF

Gotcha ya they are said to be looking at Rule 5 AND DFA hard this year. #4 Pick in Rule 5 AND #1 in NL Waiver Claims so alot of roster moves will be happening
      Machado will take $200-225 if it's 7 years. That gets him back to free agency at 31/32ish which is a big deal. Sure someone could offer him 10/$300 but the allure of a second big free agent contract is very real IMO. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, in the unlikely event this happen, it would be super fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        Sure, but let's say they get a young catcher, young SP, additional bullpen help, then use all of the money they have shedding Castro/Dietrich/Realmuto/Straily/Prado next year/etc. and sign a really good SP and solid 1B instead.

You can sell both scenarios.

- - - - - - - - - -

Machado will take $200-225 if it's 7 years. That gets him back to free agency at 31/32ish which is a big deal. Sure someone could offer him 10/$300 but the allure of a second big free agent contract is very real IMO. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, in the unlikely event this happen, it would be super fun.
        I'd put the chances of signing Machado at zero. The revenue problems that forced the transfer of Stanton's contract are even more serious than the new owners recognized back then.

Realmuto will likely be offered an extension by the team he is traded to. The Marlin needs are pretty much everywhere ... and his trade should address a couple.

Comment

• Like said its VERY UNLIKELY but is something they are considering. They will have about 50-60 million to spend in 2020/21/22.

By way this was Jorge Mas master plan if he bought the Marlins. Sign Machado as a FA to be face of team
          Last edited by tjfla; 10-29-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
            I'd put the chances of signing Machado at zero. The revenue problems that forced the transfer of Stanton's contract are even more serious than the new owners recognized back then.

Realmuto will likely be offered an extension by the team he is traded to. The Marlin needs are pretty much everywhere ... and his trade should address a couple.
            It's above -0-, but it's undoubtedly very low.

As far as I see it, they have 4 major longterm needs:

# 1 SP
            # 2 SP
            Catcher
            Shortstop

Shuffle those in any order. Realmuto could obviously solve 1-3 of those problems depending on what they do.

After that, 1B is very clearly the 5th worst issue with the team, and after that, it's just "general depth."

I know you're going to point to OF, but considering they have VVM, Brinson, and Monte, and then Scott, Pompey, and Miller directly behind them on the longterm depth chart (also other could be guys in Sierra, Dean, Lee, etc.), that really isn't an issue. They have to try out and play all of them even if you get Brinson 2017 style results. I mean all 6 could bust, but when you're team building you don't assume that. They should get some players out of this.

Anyways. If Machado turns into the SS, Realmuto turns into the catcher and SP, and shedding Prado/New 2020 Money/Trading Urena/Conley/Garcia arbitration eligible pitchers in 2020 gets the other SP, they are in business on paper. Especially if O'Brien or Cooper works out, or they pluck another Bour, etc.

Comment

• The Dodgers make a ton of sense for JT. They badly need a good catcher, and have the prospects to give.

I was randomly thinking the other day about the offer Miami made to LA for Jose Fernandez, and how the Marlins, Dodgers, and baseball would be different had they taken the deal. I don't remember the exact deal, but the crux of it was Seager and Jose Urias, which were both two big time prospects then, and deemed way too pricey to move for Jose. Urias's development has been slowed by injury, and Seager has been great, but has also dealt with some injuries. First and foremost, Jose is probably still alive in that scenario, because he isn't in Miami to take the boat out with his friends. In this World Series alone that means they added another ace and only lose out on a relief pitcher because Seager is out for the year. I'd imagine they win the WS and may have won it last year as well. On Miami's end, would they have traded Seager in the purge? Would he be their face of the franchise moving forward? Just an interesting "what if".

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                The Dodgers make a ton of sense for JT. They badly need a good catcher, and have the prospects to give.

I was randomly thinking the other day about the offer Miami made to LA for Jose Fernandez, and how the Marlins, Dodgers, and baseball would be different had they taken the deal. I don't remember the exact deal, but the crux of it was Seager and Jose Urias, which were both two big time prospects then, and deemed way too pricey to move for Jose. Urias's development has been slowed by injury, and Seager has been great, but has also dealt with some injuries. First and foremost, Jose is probably still alive in that scenario, because he isn't in Miami to take the boat out with his friends. In this World Series alone that means they added another ace and only lose out on a relief pitcher because Seager is out for the year. I'd imagine they win the WS and may have won it last year as well. On Miami's end, would they have traded Seager in the purge? Would he be their face of the franchise moving forward? Just an interesting "what if".
                Or how about the one that Samson keeps hinting was super close to happening a few years ago centered on getting Corbin in return?

Btw, Samson appears on lebatard weekly and he has said that his time that he has to keep quiet about his time with the marlins ends very soon. plus he has said he will not hold back about stories and behind the scenes stuff so that should be interesting and also inevitably super depressing once he explains how much of a shit show we were.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  Or how about the one that Samson keeps hinting was super close to happening a few years ago centered on getting Corbin in return?

Btw, Samson appears on lebatard weekly and he has said that his time that he has to keep quiet about his time with the marlins ends very soon. plus he has said he will not hold back about stories and behind the scenes stuff so that should be interesting and also inevitably super depressing once he explains how much of a shit show we were.
                  Yeah, but I'm sure it will be incredibly skewed to make him (and probably Loria) look good, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                    Yeah, but I'm sure it will be incredibly skewed to make him (and probably Loria) look good, though.
                    he kind of acknowledges the dysfunction a little bit

Comment

• Do you think there is a person in the history of the world that enjoys a microphone more than David Samson? Go away dude.

Comment

Is he on on a particular day/time? Or does it vary randomly?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          Is he on on a particular day/time? Or does it vary randomly?
                          its usually during the local hour of 9-10 but im not sure which day. I want to say thursday but idk.

Comment

• Please no Machado.

Comment

• Jerse is going to be on the Daily Show tonight.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Actually deal was DONE between Arizona and Miami

Patrick Corbin, Dansby Swanson, Ender Inciarte, Aaron Blair and Brandon Drury to Miami for Jose Fernandez

then Dave Stewart and the Arizona Owners got into it and vetoed deal

Miami then called LAD about Seager and Urias and were told NO

If Jose wouldn't have died he would actually be in Boston right now instead of Chris Sale. Boston was prepared to offer Moncada/Kopech and 2 other prospects for Fernandez and Miami was very interested

Then we tried to get Shelby Miller from Arizona for Luis Castillo and 2 other pitchers and Arizona Owners vetoed that deal too!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

By way LAD don't badly need a C but they could use JT. They have 2 of the Top 5 C in the minors in Will Smith and Ruiz who could BOTH be ready next year

I could see Arizona being the team to get JT(if the Arizona Owners don't veto that deal too HAHAHA)

Duplantier/Pavin Smith/Chisholm/Daulton Varsho/Blaze Alexander ALL Miami likes alot

***By the way I wouldn't start talking about JT trades yet-they are gonna offer him an extension soon and still 50/50 odds***
                                Last edited by tjfla; 10-30-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X