This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Houston would be a great trading partner if they become interested. They have a few high profile bats that would fit great in the system whether it Kyle Tucker if they are willing to part with him or Alvarez as a lefty 1b with crazy power. Plus they have a few other high ceiling arms that could serve as the secondary piece (Whitley is going to be untouchable.)
    Houston offer would be Alvarez,Corbin Martin,Nova and 2 other mid level prospects(Denbo has a hardon for Corbin Martin)

Arizona/Colorado/Houston and Washington all would be great trading partners

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Just remember Miami turned down Victor Robles 2 times for JT!!!

Could have had an 2020 OF of VV/Harrison or Brinson/Robles
      Im cool with that if it was done with the intention of trying to get him to re-sign in the offseason first and then moving forward with a trade from there. Plus, if they re-sign Harper Robles could be on the block anyways given that they have Soto, Harper, and still have eaton who they gave up a lot for.

Comment

Just remember Miami turned down Victor Robles 2 times for JT!!!

Could have had an 2020 OF of VV/Harrison or Brinson/Robles
        He was 24th in WAR overall for position players, compounded with only 2 catchers were within 2 WAR of him.

They'll do fine if they trade him. No value was lost from the offseason until now.

Comment

Im cool with that if it was done with the intention of trying to get him to re-sign in the offseason first and then moving forward with a trade from there. Plus, if they re-sign Harper Robles could be on the block anyways given that they have Soto, Harper, and still have eaton who they gave up a lot for.
          Agreed if Harper resigns. IF Washington calls and says Robles and Kieboom Brothers then JT is gone fast(Assuming he rejects extension)

Comment

Houston offer would be Alvarez,Corbin Martin,Nova and 2 other mid level prospects(Denbo has a hardon for Corbin Martin)

Arizona/Colorado/Houston and Washington all would be great trading partners
            Id probably push for Tucker but that is a great offer. I am sky high on Alvarez and he would be a great fit considering our system is lacking a huge power bat and 1b options. Martin is a really nice prospect and Nova should have been ours in the first place but he had a great year this year. Martin or Bukauskus would both be nice 2nd pieces in a JT deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Agreed if Harper resigns. IF Washington calls and says Robles and Kieboom Brothers then JT is gone fast(Assuming he rejects extension)
            Agreed, im just not sure theyd be willing to give up both and i dont think they have another secondary prospect like Kieboom who would fit in that deal. Id take that deal in a heartbeat though.

Comment

• If they do trade with Houston id look out for one of those additional prospects being Garrett Stubbs, their AAA catcher who has a nice bat but limited power but is clearly MLB ready.

Comment

This. He also has the edge because he’s older, but he was the number 1 IFA guy out of everyone in this class
                I'm not sure how you could know this because he was never ranked until he became a FA. Either way, he's not at the level of the big time international guys like Ohtani, and some of the previous Cuban players. I'm not saying this isn't a good get, but I think fans need to set their expectations accordingly. While he'll be the top prospect in Miami's system, he's not a blue chip prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  I'm not sure how you could know this because he was never ranked until he became a FA. Either way, he's not at the level of the big time international guys like Ohtani, and some of the previous Cuban players. I'm not saying this isn't a good get, but I think fans need to set their expectations accordingly. While he'll be the top prospect in Miami's system, he's not a blue chip prospect.
                  Absolutely. He’s not an ohtani by any means and his power is average at best, just saying that he is the consensus #1 guy in this ifa class according to just about every list. This also might be a lesser class I think, I was just saying that he wasn’t this overhyped guy who is only #1 by default because he is the last one left.

Comment

dude wtf are you talking about public service? I never said you werent nice and i never said you didnt help others. i said you are clearly either uninformed about this team or so mentally ruined from other ownership groups that you cant separate their tenures as owner from the current ownership group.

The franchise is being built exactly the way it should be built given the market. Just because you are cynical due to decades of sabotage from previous ownership groups and cant see that doesnt mean they are building the team the wrong way. Not every move is great obviously and any rebuilding team will make moves that turn out poorly, but they are 100% going about building this team the right way in terms of investing in the draft, IFA, and player development and building an organization from the top to bottom that is sustainable and not just hoping to be the lucky wild card team who could make some noise year after year after year despite having a mediocre major league roster and a gutted minor league system.
                    you called me obnoxious, and I was responding to that personal attack.

I have no problem with the method of rebuilding, I object to the people doing the rebuilding. After trading all your good assets including back to back National League MVP's and you still have the 27th (out of 30) ranked minor league system, your rebuild is not going very well at all. In fact it's an utter disaster. This means with no assets left to trade you are going to be extremely reliant on the draft, as most of the good IFA players have been signed and the pool is very thin. Their 1st draft was very mediocre.

Since they will not be spending money on MLB free agents, they will have to develop some power, and so far in over a year in charge they gave us Brinson & Harrison -

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                      you called me obnoxious, and I was responding to that personal attack.

I have no problem with the method of rebuilding, I object to the people doing the rebuilding. After trading all your good assets including back to back National League MVP's and you still have the 27th (out of 30) ranked minor league system, your rebuild is not going very well at all. In fact it's an utter disaster. This means with no assets left to trade you are going to be extremely reliant on the draft, as most of the good IFA players have been signed and the pool is very thin. Their 1st draft was very mediocre.

Since they will not be spending money on MLB free agents, they will have to develop some power, and so far in over a year in charge they gave us Brinson & Harrison -
                      Thats a pretty efficient way of getting nearly everything wrong so honestly im just impressed that you were able to do that this quickly. From the no assets left part to the 27th out of 30 part all the way to saying the 1st draft was mediocre. just impressive exaggeration and dishonesty. making trump proud with that. Just say getting victor victor was fake news and youve gone full WWE hall of fame trump heal.
                      Last edited by fish16; 10-20-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                        Again, this is simply not the case. Baseball America had him as the top IFA all along.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...nal-prospects/

I also remember reading about teams saving money for Mesa months before he was declared a FA. So while he is certainly not Ohtani, it is incorrect to say that he was merely the best of the unsigned players.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                          Again, this is simply not the case. Baseball America had him as the top IFA all along.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...nal-prospects/

I also remember reading about teams saving money for Mesa months before he was declared a FA. So while he is certainly not Ohtani, it is incorrect to say that he was merely the best of the unsigned players.
                          Ya I don’t understand why that has become the rhetoric all of a sudden. It’s blatantly false. He was the #1 IFA guy all along

Comment

• He is the #1 IFA but people don't think he is Sure thing. This year in Jax and AFL will be big for him. Could become a star or just a ML Regular

Comment

• So is there a consensus on where Victor^2 will start the year? AAA? Straight to the bigs?

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                So is there a consensus on where Victor^2 will start the year? AAA? Straight to the bigs?
                                Id guess AA. Almost no shot he goes straight to the bigs unless he plays like a prodigy in spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X