This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
    It’s awesome they are signing him. Should have been all 3 though.
    i think there is still a chance they trade a guy like Dietrich or Straily or even another similar prospect like Lillie for more IFA cash to get him but its obviously secondary to Victor Victor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
      It’s awesome they are signing him. Should have been all 3 though.
      Yeah, it'd be great to get Gaston as well...and maybe they still can. However, like Mish mentioned on Twitter a while ago, VV is the prize of the 3 so I'm OK if they had to punt on Gaston to get this done.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
        Yeah, it'd be great to get Gaston as well...and maybe they still can. However, like Mish mentioned on Twitter a while ago, VV is the prize of the 3 so I'm OK if they had to punt on Gaston to get this done.
        Absolutely, plus VV is already 22 and probably only a year away where as Gaston is 16 and years upon years away. He's a nice prospect to get but victor victor has always been the prize here. I wouldnt be surprised if they get him too though if he's willing to wait for us to get a little more money. He clearly wants to be here and we were supposed to sign him wy back in july before he had a PED test i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          Are you stupid dude? What part of Victor Victor being the top IFA prospect on the market this year dont you understand? It has nothing to do with them being the last one cleared to sign as a free agent and thus being the last one left. You're essentially just showing that you dont care to do the basic research on the guy and that you are going to complain about everything regardless. You are a troll and you have been on this message board and others according to other posters despite your bullshit denials.

Again, they happen to be cuban, that doesnt mean they are signing them to pander to cubans. they got the #1 IFA prospect on the market this year and of coure you complain. In no way are they signing him because the guy is cuban, but what else would we expect from you the king of cynicism.
          It doesn't matter if he is good, because actually then it's a guarantee he will be traded by 2021.

You just have no clue as to how much many people HATE the Marlins down here in Miami and they are NOT willing to ever give them a chance.

MLB should contract the Marlins and then establish a AAA team here from scratch. Then you might actually get some people interested in going to games. At least then it will be clear to folks these guys won't be staying around and it will also wash away all the stench from the franchise that people hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
            It doesn't matter if he is good, because actually then it's a guarantee he will be traded by 2021.

You just have no clue as to how much many people HATE the Marlins down here in Miami and they are NOT willing to ever give them a chance.

MLB should contract the Marlins and then establish a AAA team here from scratch. Then you might actually get some people interested in going to games. At least then it will be clear to folks these guys won't be staying around and it will also wash away all the stench from the franchise that people hate.
            Then go the fuck away dude. nobody really cares. this is a thread about signing the number 1 IFA guy and youre just being negative for the sake of being negative and for some reason bringing up completely irrelevent points. youre the most absurd poster ive ever seen. Nobody is making you watch the team. Go outside, maybe find a new hobby as watching the marlins clearly pisses you off. Leave then. Nobody is begging for you to stay

I truly could not care less whether people arent willing to give them the chance. They are finally building this organization the way it should be built even if individual moves might not work out every single time.

- - - - - - - - - -

Its as if youre threatening to leave with the sole intention of wanting people to beg you to stay. no one cares. Leave if you clearly hate the team so much.

- - - - - - - - - -

Fish Stripes

@fishstripes
            1m1 minute ago
            More
            Assuming Sandy GastĂ³n signs elsewhere, Marlins gave up Barraclough, [pending free agent] Maybin, Ryan Lillie, Adonis Giron and Brayan De Paula for VVM, VJ and Bryson Brigman.
            Puts the moves for IFA money we've gotten into context.

Comment

Then go the fuck away dude. nobody really cares. this is a thread about signing the number 1 IFA guy and youre just being negative for the sake of being negative and for some reason bringing up completely irrelevent points. youre the most absurd poster ive ever seen. Nobody is making you watch the team. Go outside, maybe find a new hobby as watching the marlins clearly pisses you off. Leave then. Nobody is begging for you to stay

I truly could not care less whether people arent willing to give them the chance. They are finally building this organization the way it should be built even if individual moves might not work out every single time.

- - - - - - - - - -

Its as if youre threatening to leave with the sole intention of wanting people to beg you to stay. no one cares. Leave if you clearly hate the team so much.

- - - - - - - - - -

Puts the moves for IFA money we've gotten into context.
              You're making things up now. I've never threatened to leave this board, as I find it rather amusing most of the time, especially your posts. The way you put yourself on a pedestal and if anyone dares have an even slightly different position than yours, you swoop down and bounce on them, often times in personal attacks that have no bearing on anything they've said on this board.

Again today you were the one that called me stupid - you went personal, you just can't control yourself. Pretty soon I'll start calling you Frat Boy Kavannaugh. You certainly do conduct yourself on the board like you are a spoiled frat boy 1%'er.

Comment

They are in 3rd for Gaston however it is ALL on him. Miami told him that if he will sign for 1-1.5 million they will get the cash(Trade Straily or DD or Minor) however he has not committed to anything yet

Baltimore and TB are in lead for him

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  They are in 3rd for Gaston however it is ALL on him. Miami told him that if he will sign for 1-1.5 million they will get the cash(Trade Straily or DD or Minor) however he has not committed to anything yet

Baltimore and TB are in lead for him
                  TJ do they still have the ability to trade and give him more money ? Or is that window basically closed now ?

Comment

VV will likely be the Starting LF in 2020 and Mesa Jr is farrrrr off. Likely 1B if he reaches the majors

2020 OF

VV and Harrison/Brinson/Sierra/Brian Miller/Dean/Robles(JT trade?) in other 2 spots

Comment

You're making things up now. I've never threatened to leave this board, as I find it rather amusing most of the time, especially your posts. The way you put yourself on a pedestal and if anyone dares have an even slightly different position than yours, you swoop down and bounce on them, often times in personal attacks that have no bearing on anything they've said on this board.

Again today you were the one that called me stupid - you went personal, you just can't control yourself. Pretty soon I'll start calling you Frat Boy Kavannaugh. You certainly do conduct yourself on the board like you are a spoiled frat boy 1%'er.
                      I dont care if you have a different opinion than me, that happens all the time, youre just obnoxious and cynical and bring absolutely 0 to the board including any bit of rational baseball analysis considering you were off by 30 wins on a team that only won 65 games. Idc what your opinion is, just go the fuck away already since you are so clearly done with this team and will be cynical and moronic about every little thing, including bringing up for some reason that some people hate the franchise in a discussion about us signing the number 1 IFA prospect for the year.

I conduct myself like someone who likes informed opinions and quality analysis. Its why i never have a problem with Lou despite disagreeing with him from time to time. Its why even though i disagree with erick i know he is informed. You on the other hand bring absolutely nothing to this board considering you are beyond uninformed seemingly about how baseball works (see predicting 35 wins for any team let alone the roster we had this year) and you provide nothing in terms of quality analysis because all your posts are are you trying to find any way possible to shit on the franchise as a whole in any way possible. Just go the fuck away already if you hate the franchise so much. I dont understand how hard that is to do for someone who clearly has no good feelings towards the franchise whatsoever.

And i called you stupid because you made a stupid point several different times about them being "the leftover bread that might have mold" just because you are clearly uninformed to the fact that VV is the consensus #1 IFA guy in this class. Be the slightest bit informed if youre going to shit on a move if you dont want to be called stupid for making a clearly stupid point.
                      Last edited by fish16; 10-20-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

TJ do they still have the ability to trade and give him more money ? Or is that window basically closed now ?
                        Ya they can still get around 2 million(No clue the exact number)but NO more than that. Problem is Baltimore has 6 million and TB has 3.5 million

If Gaston calls tommorrow and says ill sign for 1.5 million then Miami will trade Straily/DD/Minor League prospects for the cash and sign him
                        Last edited by tjfla; 10-20-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Ya they can still get around 2 million(No clue the exact number)but NO more than that. Problem is Baltimore has 6 million and TB has 3.5 million

If Gaston calls tommorrow and says ill sign for 1.5 million then Miami will trade Straily/DD/Minor League prospects for the cash and sign him
                          Thanks much appreciated !

Comment

Rumor is Miami has deals with teams ALREADY to get the cash but aren't making deals till they get a YES from Gaston. No point in getting 2 million by trading Straily and a RP and then he says no thanks

Straily to Balt
                            RP and/or prospects to TB OR LAD
                            DD to Cubs

all been mentioned

Comment

Rumor is Miami has deals with teams ALREADY to get the cash but aren't making deals till they get a YES from Gaston. No point in getting 2 million by trading Straily and a RP and then he says no thanks
                              makes sense. I feel like straily wouldnt be the guy to trade for more IFA cash hopefully though. he's not special but he seems like a guy who can get you a 1b or corner OF bat for next year in a trade that we need. Maybe another prospect like lillie or 2 if we have a commitment from Gaston but i dont think thats how id use straily as a trade chip.

Comment

makes sense. I feel like straily wouldnt be the guy to trade for more IFA cash hopefully though. he's not special but he seems like a guy who can get you a 1b or corner OF bat for next year in a trade that we need. Maybe another prospect like lillie or 2 if we have a commitment from Gaston but i dont think thats how id use straily as a trade chip.
                                No spot for Straily here

Straily and real cash to Baltimore for 2 million IFA and a prospect or 2 helps both teams

Comment

Working...
                                X