Tracking Miami Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Lee is terrible at understanding prospects but otherwise I enjoy him on the board
    I do too, just think his evaluation of prospects is incredibly flawed

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      He definitely likes to argue. Confirmed.

Also, we have like 7 active posters on this forum. Lee is definitely outside the box but he clearly loves the Marlins so is there a way we can debate topics without going into attack mode, fish16?
      The definition of a prospect, as provided by Wikipedia. "In sports, a prospect is any player whose rights are owned by a professional team, but who has yet to play a game for the team, or is not established with the team yet. Prospects can sometimes be assigned to farm teams, or loaned to lower ranked teams." In other words, every player in the Marlins system who maintains rookie status is considered a prospect and age has no bearing on it.

Some may favor inexperienced youngsters with promising tools. I favor those with demonstrable skills at the A+ level or above.
      Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-31-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I agree that Lee's prospect evaluation is skewed but also side with him on prospect. We think of prospects as young guys but sometimes they're just dudes we don't know about yet.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          I agree that Lee's prospect evaluation is skewed but also side with him on prospect. We think of prospects as young guys but sometimes they're just dudes we don't know about yet.
          I do to tend to think differently than most. In 1992, I attempted to talk my native state of Alaska into popping $100 M to buy the Seatttle Mariners. My thought at the time was to sign a few Japanese players, re-name the team the North Pacific Mariners, and heavily market the team to baseball-crazy Japan. I loved the idea of a publicly owned franchise. Ichiro came in 2001. http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...7&slug=1470716 Lee Stone is my pen name for my novels. Lee Stoops is my actual name.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
            I do to tend to think differently than most. In 1992, I attempted to talk my native state of Alaska into popping $100 M to buy the Seatttle Mariners. My thought at the time was to sign a few Japanese players, re-name the team the North Pacific Mariners, and heavily market the team to baseball-crazy Japan. I loved the idea of a publicly owned franchise. Ichiro came in 2001. http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...7&slug=1470716 Lee Stone is my pen name for my novels. Lee Stoops is my actual name.
            Hey I like that u joined the board. All I am saying is your understanding of prospects is off.

Almost as good as the idea of the Florida Marlins becoming the Miami Marlins and going hard after Prospects from Cuba/PR/Latin Players because of the population here

Comment

Hey I like that u joined the board. All I am saying is your understanding of prospects is off.

Almost as good as the idea of the Florida Marlins becoming the Miami Marlins and going hard after Prospects from Cuba/PR/Latin Players because of the population here
              That's exactly what the Marlins should do IMO. Make it the entire Carribean's team.

Comment

That's exactly what the Marlins should do IMO.
                Agreed, it was Jorge Mas plan. Get rid of everyone and go hard after Florida and Latin players. Manny Machado in FA/IFA/Cuba

I mentioned it and someone(don't remember who) on board flipped out.

Comment

Agreed, it was Jorge Mas plan. Get rid of everyone and go hard after Florida and Latin players. Manny Machado in FA/IFA/Cuba

I mentioned it and someone(don't remember who) on board flipped out.
                  Don't be swayed by negatism. Who do you believe are the Top Ten prospects? Who are those with the best odds of helping the Marlins win? A surge of positive and creative thinking will attract hundreds of Miami fans to this site. Mean-spirited critics just chase them away.
                  Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-31-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Don't be swayed by negatism. Who do you believe are the Top Ten prospects? Who are those with the best odds of helping the Marlins win?
                    Presently, I would say (Brinson, Ca. Smith, and Anderson have aged out on service time but are certainly here if not):

Harrison
                    Alcantara
                    Guzman
                    Diaz
                    Garret
                    Rogers
                    Neidert
                    Sierra
                    Gallen
                    Peters (last two are interchangeable with 5-6 arms probably)

Comment

I would think Pablo Lopez has to be in the Top 10 at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        I would think Pablo Lopez has to be in the Top 10 at this point.
                        Speed guns and spin rates aside, Lopez looks fantastic based on achievement. Richards the same; too bad that a 10-strikeout performance in his last ML start only bought him a ticket to New Orleans. I can't make the leap of faith in Harrison, Diaz, and Sierra because of weaknesses that are hard to cure. Yelich, Stanton, and Ozuna did not demonstrate similar vulnerability at the same ages. I can only hope that one or more of them surprises me.
                        Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-31-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Speed guns and spin rates aside, Lopez looks fantastic based on achievement. Richards the same; too bad that a 10-strikeout performance in his last ML start only bought him a ticket to New Orleans.
                          Richards had a great last start, but he was pretty bad before that. He's probably where he needs to be right now, with him being the first in line to fill in if someone gets hurt or traded. He'll get a legit shot to stick in the rotation at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Presently, I would say (Brinson, Ca. Smith, and Anderson have aged out on service time but are certainly here if not):

Harrison
                            Alcantara
                            Guzman
                            Diaz
                            Garret
                            Rogers
                            Neidert
                            Sierra
                            Gallen
                            Peters (last two are interchangeable with 5-6 arms probably)
                            Harrison
                            Alcantara
                            Neidert
                            Diaz
                            Guzman
                            Rogers
                            Garrett
                            Lopez
                            Gallen
                            Richards

Guzman will probably drop for me,Rogers and Garrett based more on projection,Miller/Dean/Dunand/Sierra/Nelson/Thomas Jones/Alonso/Devers are in 11-20 Range(All have talent but need to see more)

Anderson,Brinson,Smith not prospects

Our #13 pick if is Kelenic,Gorman,Scott would move to #2 for me and if it Casas he would be #4
                            Last edited by tjfla; 05-31-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Brian Miller is playing like a true pro at Jupiter - remniscent of a 20-year-old Yelich (though Miller is 22) with more speed. I like his chances very much.

Comment

Brian Miller is playing like a true pro at Jupiter - remniscent of a 20-year-old Yelich (though Miller is 22) with more speed. I like his chances very much.
                                Very true. Would put him at #11 actually. If he showed some power I would put him in Top 10

Comment

Working...
                                X