Tracking Miami Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Miami Prospects

Jupiter is the first to announce a roster. https://www.milb.com/hammerheads/new...er/c-270135086

Guzman and Miller are the obvious names to watch. Looks like a fairly weak club overall.

Would like to see Marlin announcers talk about the minor league team performances every broadcast. Rich W never did that. It's an easy and effective way to promote attendance at Greensboro, Jupiter, Jacksonville and New Orleans games, and generally create fan interest.

Lot of other interesting guys other than them: Dunand, Yamamoto (anyone know why he's starting on the DL), Ethan Clark. Really happy they are starting Guzman in Jupiter though. Speeds up his development from what it looked like they might have done and he can find some success still in that pitchers league.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Lot of other interesting guys other than them: Dunand, Yamamoto (anyone know why he's starting on the DL), Ethan Clark. Really happy they are starting Guzman in Jupiter though. Speeds up his development from what it looked like they might have done and he can find some success still in that pitchers league.
      Yamamoto must have been ailing all spring because he merited innings. Another example of failed coverage.

Comment

I will post ALL the rosters on Wed in the minors section when they come out

Nice to see them moving guys up but overall a weird roster unless they fast tracked some guys to AA(Nelson,Beggs,Duval,Miller,Chad Smith)
        Last edited by tjfla; 03-31-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          I will post ALL the rosters on Wed in the minors section when they come out

Nice to see them moving guys up but overall a weird roster unless they fast tracked some guys to AA(Nelson,Beggs,Duval,Miller,Chad Smith)
          Oh true I forgot about nelson. Brian Miller is on the roster unless you are referring to the miller from the Sea trade. But ya Nelson would be a weird omission and im usually for being aggressive with guys but sending him to AA might be a bit much.

Comment

Oh true I forgot about nelson. Brian Miller is on the roster unless you are referring to the miller from the Sea trade. But ya Nelson would be a weird omission and im usually for being aggressive with guys but sending him to AA might be a bit much.
            Meant Brandon Miller. Beggs/Duval/Miller/Chad Smith all P. Nelson 3B

Not complaining because about 8 guys skipped a level-years past they would be in GBoro. Even the 3 FA guys(Ewing/Ayarza/Zech Lemond) arent bad. Lemond spent 3 years in CAL so should be nice to see what he cant do
            Last edited by tjfla; 03-31-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Looking at the roster-they don't have a 3B unless they play Dunand there and NO lefties in pen

C-Rindfleish/Ewing
              1B-Allen/Silviano
              2B-Mahan/Ayarza
              SS-Pintor/Twine(UT)
              3B-Dunand
              LF-Miller
              CF-Bird
              RF-Garrett/Boo

Rotation-Guzman/Clark/Guenther/Castano/Mateo/Dylan Lee
              Pen-Dugger/Perez/Schiraldi/Bugg/Lemond/Keller/Mertz/Aiello

Comment

Any word on the other teams yet? Opening day is thursday i believe.

Comment

https://www.milb.com/jumbo-shrimp/ne...er/c-270623902

Jacksonville posted theirs today. Expected to see Meyer in the rotation - he's not on the team. Maybe skipping AA? Max Duval bypassed A+ and will start. Cody Poteet is opening day starter (seems like a waste to me). Pablo Lopez is injured.

Comment

Ill post them when they come out on Milb.com. Usually Thursday morning

2 have "announced" but i wait till Milb says cause they usually change

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                    https://www.milb.com/jumbo-shrimp/ne...er/c-270623902

Jacksonville posted theirs today. Expected to see Meyer in the rotation - he's not on the team. Maybe skipping AA? Max Duval bypassed A+ and will start. Cody Poteet is opening day starter (seems like a waste to me). Pablo Lopez is injured.
                    Probably his "day". Frisaro said the Opening Day Guys

Nola-Conley(Alcantara goes Sat)
                    Jax-Poteet
                    Jupiter-Sam Perez
                    GBoro-Puckett

Comment

Poteet and Sam Perez being the opening day starters is pretty stupid when Jupiter has Guzman and Jax has Neidert and Merandy.

Comment

Poteet and Sam Perez being the opening day starters is pretty stupid when Jupiter has Guzman and Jax has Neidert and Merandy.
                        Like said its probably their days. All of these guys have been pitching for weeks and are on a schedule

They are being aggressive again. A few pitchers skipped Jupiter however the bats are mostly same from LY in Jax and older like 26/27
                        Last edited by tjfla; 04-03-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Like said its probably their days. All of these guys have been pitching for weeks and are on a schedule

They are being aggressive again. A few pitchers skipped Jupiter however the bats are mostly same from LY in Jax and older like 26/27
                          that's true actually i didnt think about the fact that these guys arent just trying to be ready for the first day of the season and that they;ve been on a schedule for over a month now.

Comment

https://www.milb.com/baby-cakes/news...er/c-270630316

Comment

Would have gone with Sierra in AA but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X