No announcement yet.

Tracking Miami Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing his two posts. I don’t think he’s real.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Checking in on the MLB Pipeline Top Ten
      1) Brinson Headed to New Orleans after bringing up the rear of all ML hitters
      2) Harrison Looking disturbingly like Brinson 2.0. Once the K's come down to earth, he can actually be evaluated
      3) Alcantara Lacking swing and miss stuff, but getting the walks under control. He'll get a chance to face ML hitters at some point this season as a starter or reliever
      4) Jorge Guzman. Walks are in the way so far. Any progress will depend on better control.
      5) Rogers. Classic overhype of a high school kid. He probably gave up more runs in two Greensboro starts than in his entire high school career. Impossible to say how it will go for him.
      6) Garrett. Out for the year and we can't possibly have a clue.
      7) Sierra. We do have a clue. A real longshot to ever contribute.
      8) Anderson. Fine fielder that can play OF and all the IF except SS and C. Will he be able to hit homers or rake .290? If not, he'll make a solid reserve.
      9) Diaz. The odds are not good. Huge turnaround needed.
      10) Niedert. I like him. With a tendency to start yielding runs after a few innings, he may be best suited for the BP, but he is definitely improving.

MY TOP TEN
      1) Caleb Smith 2) Pablo Lopez 3) Trevor Richards 4) Alcantara 5) Niedert 6) Brian Anderson 7) Miller 8) Joe Dunand 9) Kearns 10) D Peters Sleeper) Lazaro Alonso
      Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-30-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Lee Stone's list of top 10 guys who have good stats for 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Lee Stone's list of top 10 guys who have good stats for 2 months.
          I'd argue that Dillon Peters has had a crappy start. Admit it, you're in love with my list!

Comment

Your #1 prospect is about to turn 27. Should we break down what a prospect is?

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              Your #1 prospect is about to turn 27. Should we break down what a prospect is?
              I know your stance on that. I think he'll be better at age 27 than anyone else on the list. As a subsriber to AARP, I don't discriminate against old farts. I also think you know more of what you're getting with a guy in his mid-twenties - he's more developed. Finally, my list certainly reflects trade value better than the MLB.com list. That should be the test of all prospect lists.
              Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-30-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                I know your stance on that. I think he'll be better at age 27 than anyone else on the list. As a subsriber to AARP, I don't discriminate against old farts. I also think you know more of what you're getting with a guy in his mid-twenties - he's more developed. Finally, my list certainly reflects trade value better than the MLB.com list.
                Again, that still doesnt make him a prospect. Mike Trout will be better at his current age than most people in history, that still doesnt make him a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  Again, that still doesnt make him a prospect. Mike Trout will be better at his current age than most people in history, that still doesnt make him a prospect.
                  Realistically, a prospect is a player that still has rookie eligibility. That's probably the most apt definition.

Comment

Realistically, a prospect is a player that still has rookie eligibility. That's probably the most apt definition.
                    realistically no it isnt. there are plenty of rookie eligible guys who arent prospects.

Comment

realistically no it isnt. there are plenty of rookie eligible guys who arent prospects.
                      You, my friend, just like to argue.

Comment

no you, my friend, have a complete lack of understanding about how to evaluate baseball players, specifically young players.

Comment

Checking in on the MLB Pipeline Top Ten
                          1) Brinson Headed to New Orleans after bringing up the rear of all ML hitters
                          2) Harrison Looking disturbingly like Brinson 2.0. Once the K's come down to earth, he can actually be evaluated
                          3) Alcantara Lacking swing and miss stuff, but getting the walks under control. He'll get a chance to face ML hitters at some point this season as a starter or reliever
                          4) Jorge Guzman. Walks are in the way so far. Any progress will depend on better control.
                          5) Rogers. Classic overhype of a high school kid. He probably gave up more runs in two Greensboro starts than in his entire high school career. Impossible to say how it will go for him.
                          6) Garrett. Out for the year and we can't possibly have a clue.
                          7) Sierra. We do have a clue. A real longshot to ever contribute.
                          8) Anderson. Fine fielder that can play OF and all the IF except SS and C. Will he be able to hit homers or rake .290? If not, he'll make a solid reserve.
                          9) Diaz. The odds are not good. Huge turnaround needed.
                          10) Niedert. I like him. With a tendency to start yielding runs after a few innings, he may be best suited for the BP, but he is definitely improving.

MY TOP TEN
                          1) Caleb Smith 2) Pablo Lopez 3) Trevor Richards 4) Alcantara 5) Niedert 6) Brian Anderson 7) Miller 8) Joe Dunand 9) Kearns 10) D Peters Sleeper) Lazaro Alonso
                          Who is your 9) Kearns ?

Comment

He definitely likes to argue. Confirmed.

Also, we have like 7 active posters on this forum. Lee is definitely outside the box but he clearly loves the Marlins so is there a way we can debate topics without going into attack mode, fish16?

Comment

it's a mistake. Remember Austin Kearns? I was referring to Austin Dean. Thanks for reading the post.

Comment

no you, my friend, have a complete lack of understanding about how to evaluate baseball players, specifically young players.
                                Lee is terrible at understanding prospects but otherwise I enjoy him on the board

Comment

Working...
                                X