2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norris to O's for Hoes
    The Astros have this bad team thing figured out.

Comment

• Stros and Hoes.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• O's droppin' Hoes on them Stros.
        --------------------
        I suppose.
        Last edited by Nick; 07-31-2013, 02:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Remember when the Trade Deadline was interesting and exciting?
          But Carlos Lee doe

Comment

• tru

Comment

• And Gorkys!
              --------------------
              "Update"
              Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 9s
              #Marlins are not discussing Giancarlo Stanton with other teams at this hour, source says. @FOXSportsLive
              --------------------
              Uh oh

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 15s
              I'm told at least one trade was completed before the deadline. Stay tuned
              Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• can't believe we didn't fucking move jp or polanco
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Yup

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 14s
                  #Marlins officially did not make any trade
                  --------------------
                  Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 49s
                  The Marlins had a lot of conversations leading up to 4 p.m. ET, but no deals.
                  And

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 45s
                  there was a 3-way trade that didnt quite make it at the end. so no more deals from what i hear. #3way
                  Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I'm shocked...shocked!

Comment

• Guess those guys are likely to pass through waivers...so maybe they'll trade em after all
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• They are just a waste of space anyways.. Do you think Loria makes the players pay for soda? Like A's did in Moneyball?

Flip one for soda money

Comment

• Trade Deadline passes with no movement
                          MIAMI — About 15 minutes before Wednesday’s non-waiver Trade Deadline, the Marlins sent out a text to an undisclosed team about a possible trade scenario.

“We threw out a couple of names,” president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest said.

The last-ditch, Hail Mary proposal was eventually answered with a, no thanks.

With that, the Trade Deadline passed without the Marlins making any moves.

It’s not surprising, because the club was bracing to stay the course. It has been discussed internally for a while with owner Jeffrey Loria, Beinfest, general manager Michael Hill and the rest of the organization.

“I think when Mike and I got in the office this morning, and updated Jeffrey, I don’t think we thought anything was going to happen,” Beinfest said. “It kind of turned out that way. We were on the phone. There were texts. There were some ideas. We threw out an idea late. It was kind of a normal day. We never got the sense that anything was close.”

The Marlins still could be active in August, when the waiver trading period gets underway.

“You never know,” Beinfest said. “Things change every day. Injuries. People on a run, not on a run. You just never know. We’ve made a bunch of deals in the last year. Today wasn’t our day to make a deal.”

It was expected that the Marlins would not move slugger Giancarlo Stanton, barring an overwhelming offer that never materialized. Closer Steve Cishek and lefty reliever Mike Dunn had drawn interest in recent months. All three are expected to be core players as the organization moves forward the rest of the season and into 2014.

Even a veteran like Chad Qualls, a free agent after the season, has value to the organization in its attempt to win as many games as possible.

Placido Polanco could be a candidate to be moved in August. There could be a potential match with the Yankees, who may have a need for third base depth.

– Joe Frisaro

July 31, 2013
                          Joe Frisaro

Comment

• The Pirates made repeated attempts to work a deal for Miami slugger Giancarlo Stanton and made a significant offer that caught the attention of the Marlins’ front office. However, Miami’s owner did not want to shed the team’s lone star.
                            http://marlinmaniac.com/2013/07/31/m...carlo-stanton/

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/4...#ixzz2aerP7100

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              If that means pitchers other than Nicolino and Heaney I'd probably be willing to do that.
                              I'd trade Nicolino
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                              Why are the Fish looking at those guys with Dietrich almost ML ready?
                              He can play third too.
                              Last edited by Mainge; 07-31-2013, 05:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I'd like to know what the Pirates offered.

Comment

Working...
                                X