No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to know what any team offered for any of our players, ever.

Comment

• They basically want to win at least 70 games so their BS "WE HAD TO GET BETTER!" mantra they espoused after the Toronto deal doesn't look like the empty statement that it was.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I'd definitely trade Nicolino. Maybe we can do it this winter before everyone realizes he's not very good.

Comment

• I would trade him as well, but I do think he could still be a solid 4th starter if he drops the curveball and develops a different 3rd pitch.
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
            They basically want to win at least 70 games so their BS "WE HAD TO GET BETTER!" mantra they espoused after the Toronto deal doesn't look like the empty statement that it was.
            if they wanted to get better, Pierre and Polanco wouldn't be on the team anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              if they wanted to get better, Pierre and Polanco wouldn't be on the team anymore
              Fair enough, I was more referring to why they were so hardline on keeping guys like Qualls, Webb, and Dunn.
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Well, two of those three guys could also be on the roster next season, so, you know.
                poop

Comment

• Dunn shouldn't be clumped in with the other two either.

Comment

• Interesting tidbit.

While multiple teams made offers to Miami for Stanton, the Pirates were not one of them, the Miami Herald's Clark Spencer reports on Twitter. Spencer adds (also on Twitter) that the Marlins declined to discuss Stanton with any teams, and therefore never exchanged names on any potential deals.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      I'd definitely trade Nicolino. Maybe we can do it this winter before everyone realizes he's not very good.
                      Why, the down K numbers? I am not following this season heavily and just looking at season line.

Comment

• And GB%.

Plus I've read that he has not great stuff.
                        --------------------
                        Fangraph's scouting report before the season:

Although Nicolino has the least “pure stuff” of Toronto’s former “Big 3″ group of young arms that included Aaron Sanchez and Noah Syndergaard (traded to the Mets in the R.A. Dickey deal), the lefty’s pitchability and command/control give him a chance to develop into a No. 3 starter. His stuff is still average, if not better, and he can get his heater up to 92 mph with plus control. That’s decent velocity for a southpaw and as one talent evaluator stated, “He has more velocity than most people think.” That same evaluator said that Nicolino’s changeup is a plus pitch and his curveball shows moments of being above-average, as well, and that he’s toyed with throwing a slider.

The downside to the lefty, though, is that none of his pitches currently project to be a swing-and-miss out-pitch at the big league level. When I saw him pitch mid-season, he was doing a solid job of hiding the ball, which helped his fastball look faster. He utilized a low three-quarter delivery and worked quickly. Everything was coming from the same release point and his delivery was smooth and easy. Nicolino showed some athleticism by fielding his position well. He should open 2013 in high-A ball for Miami.
                        It seems to have played out that way so far.
                        Last edited by Mainge; 08-01-2013, 01:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• His LD% was way up too. Statistically, he was getting very insanely lucky in Jupiter.
                          --------------------
                          2012 - A 12.3%ld 51.4%gb 8.61k/9 2.46era
                          2013 - A+ 18.6%ld 46.8%gb 5.96k/9 2.23era
                          Last edited by HUGG; 08-01-2013, 01:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Not sure how "legit" this is, but supposedly the names offered for Stanton were:

Locke
                            Taillon
                            Polanco
                            Kingham

http://www.pageqsports.com/2013/08/s...carlo-stanton/

Comment

• Placido?

Comment

• I wouldn't do that deal.

Polanco is like 12 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X