• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
    They traded DTrain too soon.
    Who has said that at any point?

Comment

• It's a play on the claim that he had more value at the time of his trade

Comment

• With Cruz likely to be suspended, you have to think the Rangers are going to offer the Marlins their entire farm system for Giancarlo.

Comment

• And I hope the Marlins say "naw bruh."
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Cardinals need a catcher, let's trade them Mathis!

Comment

• Naw, as much as Mathis sucks, he's kinda good for us.

Comment

• Sounds like not much is going to happen in terms of the Marlins today.

Comment

• Well hopefully one way or another the vets are gone from our bench. Dobbs, Polanco and Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Kendrick makes $18 mil next 2 seasons, Aybar $25 next 3. Did the Angels take that phone call just to laugh?

But they should get a veteran for 3B next year for at least 500 PA. They owe it to themselves to give Dietrich a shot to hack at 2B, although he's probably more of a 'more power less defense Sean Rodriguez' type.
                    --------------------

Would it?
                    I guess it depends on how high you are on Eovaldi/Alvarez. I don't see either being more than a #5/#4 on a good team.

And Kendrick is a 3.5(fg)-4.5(br) WAR player per 650 PA. Had injury problems early in his career but this will likely be his 4th strait year with 140+ games. And since entering his prime, he's gotten a lot better offensively (99 OPS+ first 5 years, 117 OPS+ last 3 years), mostly on the back of more power.

4.5(fg)-5.0(br) WAR past 3 seasons. Probably going to be closer to that the next two. That's really, really nice to have at only 9.5m per season. We aint getting that on the FA market and there won't be too much available through trades.

But again, depends on how high you are on the pitchers. I especially am not a fan of Eovaldi, so if we could get a real solid IF for him, I'd be happy.

Comment

• Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 58s
                      as of 12:29 p.m., theres been no discussion on @Giancarlo818 on part of #marlins #fish
                      Good.

Comment

• We're not dealing him.. Would be amazing if instead of trading him we announced an extension with him

Comment

• Pretty quiet for us so far

Talking on Webb/Qualls/Polanco/Pierre/Dobbs but nothing yet, they all have been discussed tho

Ruggiano has been getting alot of calls but still want alot for him

Cishek and LoMo have got calls but seems they will be staying as price is massive

Stanton has gotten calls from Texas and Pittsburgh but Loria is sticking to guns and told teams NO he is not getting dealt. Both are ready to move alot tho for him

Comment

• I look forward to them moving him in 1-2 years.

Comment

• O I forgot Henderson Alvarez has also gotten some feelers but price is high.

I said yesterday we asked on Kendrick/Callaspo/Aybar-we apparently are still talking with them however the issue seems to be players and NOT cash. Aybar and Kendrick both cost alot and we are fine with that but not trading young arms for them. Yes we want them to play 2B

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                                It's a play on the claim that he had more value at the time of his trade
                                More value than what?

Maybe you should go back and read my posts again. Saying he had some value doesn't mean he had great value or that they should have waited to trade him.

Comment

Working...
                                X