No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Below being gone opens a spot on the 40-man roster...

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        Dude strikes out in a quarter of his at-bats and walks less than I do. Pass.
        Shut down the board, boys. Never going to top this comment.

Comment

• Mainge - did you mean he walks less than you like he draws less walks or was it a you dont use your legs to walk thing?

Comment

• Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 7s
            The Marlins are gauging interest in Juan Pierre and Placido Polanco.
            Damn, didn't think they would do that.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I wonder how long Buster has been sitting on that breaking news? They have been gauging interest for about 2 months now

Polanco has actually been getting some calls(Det,NYY,KC) while Pierre nothing.Ruggiano has been getting action to however keep hearing we want to much for him still

Also looks like Mike Dunn is staying(Price way to high) the 2 teams that wanted him both got LHP so they are out

Comment

• Kendrick makes $18 mil next 2 seasons, Aybar $25 next 3. Did the Angels take that phone call just to laugh?

But they should get a veteran for 3B next year for at least 500 PA. They owe it to themselves to give Dietrich a shot to hack at 2B, although he's probably more of a 'more power less defense Sean Rodriguez' type.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by nny View Post
                If we could flip Eovaldi or Alvarez for Kendrick, that'd be pretty tits.
                Would it?
                --------------------
                Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                Joe Frisaro says Boston is willing to offer "whatever it takes" for Stanton. Funny that he mentioned Boegarts (Sp?) but that Miami already has a young SS so they would need to offer pitching to entice the Marlins.
                They could turn one into a 2B, I don't think it would be a deal breaker if Boston opens the bank with 3-4 top prospects. Still think Profar, I guess Gallo now since Olt is gone (hate Gallos whiffs though), and Rangers minor league pitching is best idea, with Zunino/Mariners young pitching as a close second.
                Last edited by lou; 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  . I think history tells us Loria will wait until he HAS to trade him and whatever reason that forces them to do so will lead to the Marlins getting less than they could get now.

Abso-fucking-lutely

Comment

• They traded DTrain too soon.

Comment

• Did they have to trade Reyes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                        They traded DTrain too soon.
                        Has zero to do with my post.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Did they have to trade Reyes?
                        Ask Loria/Samson/Beinfest.
                        Last edited by Namaste; 07-30-2013, 08:11 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                          Did they have to trade Reyes?
                          Considering they traded everyone else, yeah.

Comment

• His point was that they wait to a point that they have to move people and that lowers their value. I don't think that was the case with Reyes. The other people in the deal...sure.

Comment

• Sorry, I misunderstood.

Comment

• Reyes contract lowered his value.

Comment

Working...
                                X