Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante To Tigers For Jacob Turner & Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daft, you're kinda my favorite poster.

But, sometimes, I also hate you.

We've got a love/hate deal going on here.

Call me. I may not pick up though.

Comment

• I have quite a few hateable (is that even a word) qualities but I tend to grow on people.

It just takes a few years for me to grow on people.

Comment

• I think everybody knew we became sellers when we lost the series to the Cubs. Not just you.

Comment

• "I don't think this team sucks nearly as much as they are playing"

YES

Don't crucify me for this but, I think we can actually make a run with a healthy Hanley, Stanton, Lee, Ruggiano hitting behind Reyes, Boner...it's a stretch of course, but I'm just saying.

This is a good team playing bad. I'd wait until after next year before a fire sale. Don't underestimate the pressure these guys are playing with under a new roof and a new logo. Hanley is a stud, and has at least a decade left in his tank - we should not dump him now.

& I love the trade we made today, for the record. Neither Infante or Anibal were long-term options for this team, and we get a 22 year-old 5-star in return. GOOD JOB F.O.!
          --------------------
          P.S - I'm not stupid for saying we still are not out of it...just a hopeful fan
          Last edited by BigGameFish; 07-23-2012, 07:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Jacob Turner ‏@Jacob_Turner22
            Want to thank the @tigers for all the opportunities and all the fans for supporting me. Excited to be a Marlin and start a new chapter!

Comment

• lol @ infante commercial during the game
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Omar Infante just lied to us on the I'm a Marlin commercial
                --------------------
                I like how you think
                Last edited by Madman81; 07-23-2012, 08:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• According to Beinfest, Turner won't be in the minors for long [via Minervini on the broadcast]
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6487348&type=1

The Futue Marlin prospects are usually Ny bound after the three year stint here !!
                    That comment thread makes me not like baseball anymore. Or facebook. Or the internet.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      I don't use twitter, but during this time Infante has produced a 5 WAR, Uggla 4.6. Infante has made about $5.5 million during that time, Uggla around $17 million. (Mike Dunn also has surprisingly added a .4 positive WAR.)

The Marlins decimated the Braves. That guy on twitter can go fuck himself, and feel free to link back to this post as I count the $43 million the Braves still owe Uggla the next 3 1/3 seasons.
                      It's also especially stupid because we then used Infante to get something. While Turner was more Anibal, he still played a part in getting him plus a couple other ok prospects. Meanwhile Atlanta is stuck with that horrible contract.

Same with the Cabrera trade. Webb and Mujica is what we have to show for it currently...well, I guess that is basically nothing

Comment

• Org pitching depth is super nice right now. All these guys are C+ or better prospects.

Turner
                        Heaney
                        Fernandez
                        Conley
                        Lowell
                        Hand (who has quietly had a really nice year as one of the youngest guys in the PCL)
                        James
                        Flynn
                        Brice
                        Urena
                        Koehler
                        Christian Yelich
                        LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                        12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                        100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                        .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                          I think everybody knew we became sellers when we lost the series to the Cubs. Not just you.

You thought wrong.

As usual.
                          Last edited by Namaste; 07-23-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Namaste is our town oracle. Come on guys, everyone knows that.
                            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                            - Daft

Comment

• yep, that series was it... totes mcgotes

Comment

• It should also be noted that Flynn is a pretty cool pick up. Pretty significant upside with his size and above average velocity. Still young.
                                Christian Yelich
                                LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                                12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                                100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                                .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Working...
                                X