Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante To Tigers For Jacob Turner & Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMs won't be swayed one way or another by this start and his next. They know what he's made of.

Comment

• Yes, but it doesn't hurt to go out there and not get shelled, no ?

Comment

• Absolutely

Comment

• Supposedly about 15 scouts out there watching JJ tonight.

Comment

• If anyone is wondering

2010 - 115.1 IP
            2011 - 143.2 IP
            2012 - 96.2 IP

Detroit didn't fuck him up. I think they can throw him a solid 70 and not worry. Sounds about right with appox. 12 more starts rest of the year split between AAA/MLB.

Comment

• Someone posted a tweet from the LeBatard show about the return for Uggla. It's not like Uggla's been a great acquisition for Atlanta. Oh and that contract!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                Tell me why trading Hanley, at his lowest is a smart move. Don't give me an example in your mind that he "likes his swing too much when he swings and misses" or some shit like that. Tell me how that's a smart baseball/business move.
                Two reasons:

1) You don't think this his lowest
                2) You think he'll be here for a long time.

The first one is obvious - if you know the investment is going lower, selling right now is selling high. If we can get a couple pieces for a guy who will get worse, then make it happen. The second is the same, but said differently. What if Hanley is who he is? Our best bet, then, would be to deal him when folks still think the chances of him rebounding are high. Every day that passes is a lower potential return on the investment.

Now, this is all assuming that the FO disagrees with you and thinks his time in Miami has seen its best days. It's also not super vital to move him now. But one thing is for certain - if his performance has plateaued, then his value is higher this year than next.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                  If anyone is wondering

2010 - 115.1 IP
                  2011 - 143.2 IP
                  2012 - 96.2 IP

Detroit didn't fuck him up. I think they can throw him a solid 70 and not worry. Sounds about right with appox. 12 more starts rest of the year split between AAA/MLB.
                  Good info there.

I'm really excited about Turner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Party View Post
                    Someone posted a tweet from the LeBatard show about the return for Uggla. It's not like Uggla's been a great acquisition for Atlanta. Oh and that contract!
                    I don't use twitter, but during this time Infante has produced a 5 WAR, Uggla 4.6. Infante has made about $5.5 million during that time, Uggla around $17 million. (Mike Dunn also has surprisingly added a .4 positive WAR.)

The Marlins decimated the Braves. That guy on twitter can go fuck himself, and feel free to link back to this post as I count the $43 million the Braves still owe Uggla the next 3 1/3 seasons.

Comment

• but Uggla was an All-Star!!!1!1!!!
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        I hope Hanley is back. I an't ready to give up on him yet.
                        We should not be moving Hanley or JJ. That would be the ultimate bad impulse decision.
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Everyone on the LeBatard show is horrible at talking about baseball. Papi is the great baseball mind on that show and he's got the old Cuban abuelito mentality.

Comment

• I don't think moving Hanley is an impulse decision at all. It's been bandied about for a couple years now.

JJ, sure. But, if the return is right.

It's not personal, it's personnel.

Comment

• I would only move Johnson or Hanley if Bell or Nolasco is attached. Ditching the loser contract with the premium piece would make sense, assuming the organization still nets the "at least 2" great prospects for JJ/Hanley and reinvests that payroll into something cool (Bourn, BJ, Melky, and a replacement for JJ/Hanley).
                              --------------------
                              This is still about now. I don't think this team sucks as nearly as much as they are playing. Turner is going to immediately replace one of those rotation clowns next year and they will get an outfielder. I'm cool as is, but if they can get the terrible contract off the books and use that heap of money smarter somehow, that could make sense.
                              Last edited by lou; 07-23-2012, 07:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Beinfest to DVH on 790 about an hour ago

"When we lost 2 or 3 to the Cubs we started thinking about this trade"

Looks like Namaste has his finger on the pulse of the FO's thoughts.

Season ended in Wrigley.

Get some

Comment

Working...
                                X