Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante To Tigers For Jacob Turner & Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Hanley is back. I an't ready to give up on him yet.

Comment

^ You need meds

Comment

$8 million rest of this year and next year Frisario. Around $4 this year Frisario.

Comment

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro
          #Marlins willing to listen on any of their players, except Giancarlo Stanton. Doesn't mean they will give anyone away, though

Comment

I said before the trade happened that I wanted Castellanos more, but I thought Turner was more attainable, and this proves it. I'm not complaining. I'm just as happy with Turner, and we got a catcher to match up with Realmuto for the future starting catcher spot. Love this trade given I don't believe we were going to sign Anibal long term for a reasonable price, and Infante is a dime a dozen.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by nny View Post
            Joke, auto correct don't got shit on me.

rob brantly's split stats weren't very steep:
            http://minorleaguecentral.com/player...963&split=3000
            .283/.327/.408/.735 v.s. RHP
            .262/.318/.335/.653 v.s. LHP

Seems they've been hiding him from LHP. Was left off Detroit's top 20 from John Sickel's pre season with a C rating. In regards to Flynn:

8) Brian Flynn, LHP, Grade C+: Big lefty out of Wichita State (seventh round) showed more polish than expected to go with his 90-95 MPH fastball.

Rob Rasmussen replacement it seems
            This trade is really all in on Turner. Maybe Brantly can turn into a nice platoon guy or even an average starting catcher, but I think Beinfest is banking on Turner becoming at the very least a #2 starter at the major league level.
            Last edited by dim; 07-23-2012, 05:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm also a bit sad to see Infante go because his contract is so incredibly team friendly and provides a real good deal of value. He's a ~3 WAR 2b who's getting paid like a ~1 WAR 2b.

But as they saying goes, better to lose a guy one year too early than one year too late. Perfect storm of him performing above his career norm offensively and detroit REALLY needing a 2b so his value in trade was at the highest. I think losing him hurts us in 2013, but it helps us more long term cuz he would not have as much value next year in a trade or he'd walk for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                ^ You need meds
                Tell me why trading Hanley, at his lowest is a smart move. Don't give me an example in your mind that he "likes his swing too much when he swings and misses" or some shit like that. Tell me how that's a smart baseball/business move.

Comment

Because he is bad for chemistry. You will never hoist the trophy with that guy on your team.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    I'm also a bit sad to see Infante go because his contract is so incredibly team friendly and provides a real good deal of value. He's a ~3 WAR 2b who's getting paid like a ~1 WAR 2b.

But as they saying goes, better to lose a guy one year too early than one year too late. Perfect storm of him performing above his career norm offensively and detroit REALLY needing a 2b so his value in trade was at the highest. I think losing him hurts us in 2013, but it helps us more long term cuz he would not have as much value next year in a trade or he'd walk for nothing
                    Exactly. The contract was really nice, but both his and Anibal's value was the highest they were going to get. I don't think we're getting Jacob Turner for those two guys at the break next season or in the offseason this year. We sold high, which we as fans should applaud the front office for doing. These were two guys that absolutely needed to be traded if we were sellers, and I think we got the right deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                      Tell me why trading Hanley, at his lowest is a smart move. Don't give me an example in your mind that he "likes his swing too much when he swings and misses" or some shit like that. Tell me how that's a smart baseball/business move.
                      You know as well as I do where this is going.

Let it go, brochacho.

Comment

Mainge always gets butthurt when you bring honesty to the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                          Because he is bad for chemistry. You will never hoist the trophy with that guy on your team.
                          Plus he can't sell jeans

Comment

That was poor reasoning for trading him. Keep Hanley and JJ, trade Choate, Nolasco and Zambrano. We probably won't get much for each, though.

Comment

Stop fucking acknowledging the guy.

Comment

Homer you mad 2 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X