Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante To Tigers For Jacob Turner & Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    They gave us a pick too right?
    Yes, but we were in Round A while they were in Round B (a difference of 38 picks)
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
      Yes, but we were in Round A while they were in Round B (a difference of 38 picks)
      Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        And what pick did we give them?
        We gave them the last pick before Round 2 and we got the last pick before Round 3. No clue what #

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Ya Infante deal was done last week

Deal was to be Infante for Brantly/another prospect then decided wanted Anibal too

Reason why draft picks were included was because Detroit is NOT gonna resign Anibal,so they get something back for trading Turner(Comp Pick)
          So we basically got Jacob Turner for a couple of months of Anibal Sanchez?

Comment

• There were reports that Detroit soured on Jacob Turner a lot over the last few months. Plus, they're in a pennant race. Sometimes teams make trades they regret later for the present (see Adrian Gonzalez for Urbina).

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
              Pretty much,Detroit has decided they gotta win NOW and Anibal gives them a better chance. So was a Win/Win for both. We got a cheap young SP,they get Anibal and a Comp Round 1 Pick since they arent resigning him

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                There were reports that Detroit soured on Jacob Turner a lot over the last few months. Plus, they're in a pennant race. Sometimes teams make trades they regret later for the present (see Adrian Gonzalez for Urbina).
                I know the point you were trying to prove, but I'd make that Urbina deal 10 times out of 10 again if I'm the Marlins.

Better example is the Bagwell deal by the Red Sox.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

• That is pretty weird.

As for the Adrian Gonzalez thing, that's different in hindsight. We had Jason Stokes at the time who was supposed to fill that spot in the future.

Turner was Detroit's best pitching prospect. Not sure as I haven't really checked, but I think he was listed as their best overall prospect.
                  Weird that all it took to get a guy like that was Anibal Sanchez, especially if they have no intentions of re-signing Anibal. I figured adding Infante played a part in them including Turner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Has Detroit said they won't be resigning Sanchez?
                    - Daft

Comment

• Turner was DET's #2 prospect. Castellanos is their #1.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Omar View Post
                      Yes, that's why they wanted the comp pick in the trade.
                      Last edited by Marlins11; 07-24-2012, 02:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
                        I was just responding to tjfla's post. Apparently they're not re-signing Anibal. I find it difficult to believe that they wouldn't want Anibal back after this year.

Comment

• Well they will probably try however Dombrowski said that is the reason they wanted the Comp Round 1 pick.

Said something along the lines of He will probably leave and without the Comp Picks this year we wanted to get something in return,which is why we asked for the pick

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlins11 View Post
                            Turner was DET's #2 prospect. Castellanos is their #1.
                            --------------------

Yes, that's why they wanted the comp pick in the trade.
                            That would mean that they traded Jacob Turner for a comp. pick (not to mention they gave us a pick in return).

I get that they're contending but that's not really a risk you take for an Anibal Sanchez, who's not even an ace. Probably not even a #2 in the American League, especially with the Tigers terrible defense.

I don't care about the Tigers plans; I just think it's pretty weird to give up your best pitching prospect (who's close to big-league ready supposedly) for a couple of months of Anibal Sanchez and a comp. pick.

Comment

• We'll take it I guess!

Comment

• Here is what he said

As Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski tells it, the Tigers wanted the Marlins' pick in the deal, especially because Sanchez might end up being just a two-month rental. In effect, Detroit wanted a free-agent compensation pick ahead of impending free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X