No announcement yet.

2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if they wanted both, they probably wouldn't take Tucker or Thompson instead of one.

Comment

• I love West, but I would do that. Our offense would be sick.

Comment

• #mlbtrades Source just informed me. Marlins not expected to complete any trades by 4.
        Joe Frisaro

Comment

• "we're still talking with dc about bats"

thats a direct quote right there

Comment

• Originally posted by Sashimi View Post
            I know everyone loves Hammer, and he is having an incredible year, but I got a bad feeling that his back could go out at any moment. Even though Miller and West might not turn out to be all that, this organization can ill-afford to deplete its young pitching like that in one fell swoop without getting some in return.
            I thought everyone was joking over their enthusiasm for the deal. Because I'm definitely in your boat.

This franchise cannot undermine their competitiveness for 2011-2013, when fielding an exceptional product is crucial to establishing a renewed long term interest from the fanbase in the new stadium.

Comment

• I think West is going to be good, but not great. Maybe a 3 at best. The more and more I see Miller the more I think this guy is just a headcase who will never fully put it together, even though he certainly has the tools.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                Well if they wanted both, they probably wouldn't take Tucker or Thompson instead of one.
                I'm sorry, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to make other offers.

I might, might, do miller and west for them if they threw in enough cash to cover both this year.
                poop

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  Joe Frisaro
                  Something is gon happen.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I wouldn't call losing Miller and West undermining the competitiveness for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      Give them their choice of one plus like Tucker or Thompson.
                      Yeah. This.

Or even Tucker/Thompson plus a lower level pitching prospect.

Comment

• if we are giving up west and miller we should be going for zimmerman not for hammer (who sadly most likely will just hurt his back) or johnson who will walk for nothing soon.

Comment

• oye

Comment

• Ugh. I want to see something done.
                            Even though I have felt all along that nothing will be done.
                            "The Marlins are going to lose because they don't have two magical unicorns having sex in the bathroom"
                            -Dan LeBatard

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
                              if we are giving up west and miller we should be going for zimmerman not for hammer (who sadly most likely will just hurt his back) or johnson who will walk for nothing soon.
                              Zimmerman would conceivably cost one of Morrison or Stanton

he's the face of that franchise

Comment

• I still do not understand why we don't just sell the house. Morrison, Miller/West, Coghlan, Tucker, and Leroux for Adrian/Bell, and then dish Thompson/Winters whoever for Pavano.

Team is bonkers. And after this season, we can deal all the arbitration hitters for best pitcher available and that replenishes the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X