No announcement yet.

2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conceivably, Morrison + other pitching specs for Zimmerman would be great, especially with Zim's new contract.

conceivably

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      I still do not understand why we don't just sell the house. Morrison, Miller/West, Coghlan, Tucker, and Leroux for Adrian/Bell, and then dish Thompson/Winters whoever for Pavano.

Team is bonkers. And after this season, we can deal all the arbitration hitters for best pitcher available and that replenishes the system.
      SD prob wants more than that

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        Zimmerman would conceivably cost one of Morrison or Stanton

he's the face of that franchise
        understandable but if we are going to sell off our pitching depth for rentals (leaving us not very much above A ball players whom arent close to ready), then you might as well go for broke for the signed long term player.

didnt say it was really reasonable but if we are going to go for it, rather go all in with morrison as well.

I love hammer but he isnt worth giving that up for since his injury concerns.

Comment

• conceivably, Morrison + other pitching specs for Zimmerman would be great, especially with Zim's new contract.

conceivably
          My God I would love this trade but with more from the Nats.
          "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• Why even talk about a Zim deal? He isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
              I love hammer but he isnt worth giving that up for since his injury concerns.
              And this FO and staff probably understand this concern better than most, seeing as this is no doubt the primary reason he was dealt in the first place (and why they seemingly sold low).

Comment

• Ehe, lets get Zim and more from the Nats

Comment

• 2:15pm: Via Twitter, MLB.com's Joe Frisaro says the Marlins are not expected to complete any trades by the deadline, which is in 45 minutes.
                  MLBTRADERUMORS.COM
                  "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• ugh.
                    "The Marlins are going to lose because they don't have two magical unicorns having sex in the bathroom"
                    -Dan LeBatard

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                      I wouldn't call losing Miller and West undermining the competitiveness for the future.
                      If the Marlins aren't going to add payroll until they are in the new stadium, how are they going to replace their starting pitchers that they will lose because of increasing salaries? That certainly makes it seem like both JJ and Nolasco will be gone before then, and who else do we have coming through the system that projects to be a decent starter?

I have no problem getting rid of Miller, because his service time/salary means that he won't likely be a part of the team in three years anyway. On top of that, I'm not sold on him developing into something worthwhile.

I just don't think we should give up both of our "power pitching" lefties in a deal for a short term solution in the corner IF and OF.
                      Last edited by Flum; 07-31-2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Doesn't it seem like every deal we've been discussing has involved the other team asking to get a bargain?
                        Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

• Just watching MLB.com's Trade Deadline show, Ken Rosenthal says that Marlins removed their offers for Bell and Johnson.

Comment

• Frisaro on MLB Network now

Comment

• I kinda agree with Reynolds about Miller. He has no future on this team as a starter. Probably would have traded him
                              Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

• Frisaro says both deals fell through today.

Comment

Working...
                                X