No announcement yet.

2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if we can pry Adam LaRoche from the Red Sox now if Johnson thing doesn't go through.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Yeah I was thinking about A-Gon now, too.

Any info, TJ?

Comment

• No idea. I know they told us what they want and we said NO

I know they are ok with trading Bell in a deal with Gonzalez because he is gonna cost a ton.

I would do a West,Miller,Morrison,Petersen,and Tucker for Gonzalez and Bell in a second

But San Diego wants Stanton and I think he is untouchable especially since he is still mashing and plays the OF. The thinking is we can send u Morrison because Gonzalez will be at 1B and Morrison has only played a few games in the OF

Comment

• Do the Padres have any 1B prospects coming up behind Gonzalez? Is 1B where Blanks ends up, or do they have other options there?

Just wondering why they might not be as high on Morrison as opposed to Stanton or, more specifically, Maybin.

Comment

• I heard Blanks would be their future 1B.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
              Do the Padres have any 1B prospects coming up behind Gonzalez? Is 1B where Blanks ends up, or do they have other options there?

Just wondering why they might not be as high on Morrison as opposed to Stanton or, more specifically, Maybin.
              They got Blanks and Dykstra whos struggling a bit but is walking a lot.
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I thought that too. If that's the case, then maybe they aren't as high on the idea of Morrison, because they don't think he (or Blanks) profile as a long term OF in Petco.

That would make sense.

Comment

• Ya Blanks is there future 1B. He is playing RF but because Gonzalez is there. He can play the OF but the thinking is get Stanton and put Blanks at 1B.

The Marlins thinking is trade Morrison cause Gonzalez would be the 1B and Stanton in the OF
                  --------------------
                  I doubt the deal gets done however it is a pretty easy deal to do.

Florida already has who San Diego wants its just a matter of calling and saying deal
                  Last edited by tjfla; 07-31-2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I just don't get the rationale behind trading Morrison. He has an isolated OBP of one hundred and fucking sixty and his BB:K ratio is 2:1 (find anyone else in professional baseball who does that). He's a lefty, he has pop, he might have the best eye in baseball, and he's proven himself at AA. Forget depleting our farm system and just bring him up.

Comment

• Morrison's GB rates suggest he may not maintain that ISO at the ML level. He should maintain the patience, but a drop in power depresses some of his value.

That said, he's a very safe prospect who's a good bet to at least put up a solid OBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flum View Post
                        I just don't get the rationale behind trading Morrison. He has an isolated OBP of one hundred and fucking sixty and his BB:K ratio is 2:1 (find anyone else in professional baseball who does that). He's a lefty, he has pop, he might have the best eye in baseball, and he's proven himself at AA. Forget depleting our farm system and just bring him up.
                        last time I saw that was Hammer in Carolina in 2004

Comment

• ...and that was another example of us letting lightning in a bottle spoil on the shelf.

Comment

• we no longer speak of such wrong doings

it makes everyone sad

Comment

• Logan Morrison at the very least should end up being Nick Johnson, hopefully minus the fragility

So let's get Nick Johnson now, Logan Morrison later, and it's a seamless transition!

About an hour left everyone...

Comment

• Less than 1 hour now. Oh boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X