2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    It seems it is gonna come down to what Cincy does.

Toronto is sticking to there guns by demanding 4 prospects with 2 Top Prospects,1 Mid to High Prospects and a ML Ready SP

We can do the ML Ready SP,1 Top Prospects and a mid to high prospect but we won't deal 2 Top Prospects.

In other words,West,Maybin/Morrison/Stanton plus another prospect but NOT West and 2 of Maybin/Morrison/Stanton/Coghlan.

Red Sox love Halladay but Washburn is gonna be ALOT cheaper so they are looking at him right now
    doesn't seem likely to me, no offense to you or your source

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      It seems it is gonna come down to what Cincy does.

Toronto is sticking to there guns by demanding 4 prospects with 2 Top Prospects,1 Mid to High Prospects and a ML Ready SP

We can do the ML Ready SP,1 Top Prospects and a mid to high prospect but we won't deal 2 Top Prospects.

In other words,West,Maybin/Morrison/Stanton plus another prospect but NOT West and 2 of Maybin/Morrison/Stanton/Coghlan.

Red Sox love Halladay but Washburn is gonna be ALOT cheaper so they are looking at him right now
      TWO of Maybin/Morrison/Stanton/Coghlan? Sounds like overkill. If the Dodgers are out of it (likely because they reportedly acquired Sherrill) and Boston is now turning its attention to Washburn because he's much cheaper, I don't see why we'd have to trade THAT much if Toronto really wants to deal Halladay.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
        Very true since Boston usually goes all-out and always get what they want.
        "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• how would the Dodgers acquiring Sherrill take them out of the Halladay sweepstakes?

Comment

His source never said it was going to get done just that it was being discussed so his source wouldn't be wrong either way if it didn't get done.

Comment

I would trust his stuff to be reliable. We'll see what happens.

Would absolutely love Halladay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virtuoso View Post
                Very true since Boston usually goes all-out and always get what they want.
                Not really. Boston generally doesn't like to deal its prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                  Not really. Boston generally doesn't like to deal its prospects.
                  HANLEY
                  "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    how would the Dodgers acquiring Sherrill take them out of the Halladay sweepstakes?
                    Because some of the prospects they'd trade in the Sherrill deal would likely have to be involved in any Halladay deal.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Virtuoso View Post
                    HANLEY
                    Yeah; that's it. Boston for the most part hangs on to its young talent.
                    Last edited by m26555; 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• His source is someone who works with Ken Rosenthal, so put the same amount of stock in TJ as you do Rosenthal

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                        Because some of the prospects they'd trade in the Sherrill deal would likely have to be involved in any Halladay deal.
                        -------------------
                        Eh, Sherrill ain't that good

Comment

how would the Dodgers acquiring Sherrill take them out of the Halladay sweepstakes?
                          THURSDAY, 11:43am: Morosi and Rosenthal say the Dodgers are pursuing both Sherrill and Roy Halladay. They may only be able to acquire one, since some of the same prospects are being discussed in each case. The writers say the O's prefer Josh Bell to Blake DeWitt for Sherrill. Baseball America loves Bell's raw power but wonders if he'll be able to stick at third base.
                          MLBTRADERUMORS.COM

Comment

HANLEY
                            Theo wasn't the gm when that went down so not really apt

Comment

Eh, Sherrill ain't that good
                              Agreed, but Baltimore is still asking for nice 'spects for him.

Comment

HANLEY
                                Hanley had fallen in their organization somewhat. He had some "behavioral" issues and his minor league stats never really matched up to his talent. Of course, we all know that he was just coasting in the minors and it worked out well for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X