No announcement yet.

2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2:23pm: Morosi says Halladay is looking unlikely for the Angels, who shot down a Toronto proposal that included Joe Saunders, Erick Aybar, and Brandon Wood.
    MLBTRADERUMORS.COM

One more down.
    "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      Sure, it's a lot. But it's not organizationally crippling.

Plus, there is ALWAYS the option of trading Halladay after the year and it's not like you don't recoup 90 cents on the dollar in a worst case scenario if you do that.
      Now if we do get halladay and then try to trade him after the season is over, does he still have the no trade clause because its the under the same contract or no?

Comment

• yeah, he still has it, same contract

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          That is the problem. They don't need to deal him. He will be as valuable next year as this year. Its not like he is eligible for arbitration or needs a new deal.
          Yeah, but he's a FA after next season. I would imagine that would knock his value down a peg or two at next year's deadline.

Comment

• Yea but isn't halladay's trade value higher now, with 1.5 left on his contract, than in the offseason, with only 1 year on his contract?

so you want to trade him when his value is at the highest, right
            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
            Tom Koehler(4-0)
            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Not to kill anyone here but we might be out of the Halladay running.

Looks like its down to Dodgers and Boston.

If LA throws in a Chad Billingsley the deal will get done. Also Boston seems to be OK with Washburn for a package of Masterson or Bowden and another prospect

Comment

• Originally posted by Virtuoso View Post
                MLBTRADERUMORS.COM

One more down.
                Why in the WORLD would the Angels turn that down?

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                  Yeah, but he's a FA after next season. I would imagine that would knock his value down a peg or two at next year's deadline.
                  Not necessarily. Some teams looking for a half season rental with the knowledge they can get draft picks the following year probably opens the bidding up to more teams and can get equal or greater value.

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                    Why in the WORLD would the Angels turn that down?
                    That included those players doesn't mean those were the only people in it.

Comment

Not to kill anyone here but we might be out of the Halladay running.

If LA throws in a Chad Billingsley the deal will get done. Also Boston seems to be OK with Washburn for a package of Masterson or Bowden and another prospect
                      Bring us Adrian Gonzalez then.

Doooo eeet.

Comment

Not to kill anyone here but we might be out of the Halladay running.

Thought it would be this way.
                        --------------------
                        --Just spoke to an official from an NL club who talked about "buyers turning into sellers, and sellers into buyers" over the last 48 hours. The Marlins definitely fall into the latter category; they are reportedly working hard to acquire Heath Bell. The Rays might, as well.
                        http://www.prosportsdaily.com/commen...ks-259459.html

All of this Halladay talk makes me think Bell is nothing.
                        Last edited by Virtuoso; 07-30-2009, 02:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• Well the relief market has just been set

Sherrill to LA for Josh Bell and Steven Johnson or Scott Elbert

In other words prepare to pay if u want a RP.

Falls right in line with what they were asking us tho-Coghlan and a prospect

Comment

• Yeah. I don't want to pay that much for a reliever. Bat or SP is the biggest need.
                            Christian Yelich
                            LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                            12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                            100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                            .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• Remember last year when we were in the mix for Manny and ended up getting just Rhodes?

History repeats itself.

Comment

• According to ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney, the Red Sox and Padres talked at length late Wednesday night about a possible deal for Adrian Gonzalez.
                                http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/featu...tures%2frumors

Another one bites the dust. (Maybe)

Comment

Working...
                                X