2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
    If the Red Sox are really offering what they are rumored to maybe be offering, I can't imagine any way we could ever become front runners here
    because we're in the nl
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      which is...

if Stanton/Morrison and one of West/Miller is involved (amongst other spex), I'd say we would be the front runners...
      Someone dun reported Bucholtz and Bowden

Comment

• I think if tj is right (and I do think highly of this feller), then we should all chip in $.10 to buy him a beer
        Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
          Someone dun reported Bucholtz and Bowden
          One could argue we'd still be the front runners... and we're not in the AL East, or even the AL

we're like in another league!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            One could argue we'd still be the front runners... and we're not in the AL East, or even the AL

we're like in another league!
            One could say we are in different league altogether

Ya know? Like in more ways than one
            --------------------
            Two ways
            Last edited by Beef; 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:38 am EDT

Halladay staying, Washburn going?Even though the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Boston Red Sox would all like to add Toronto Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay(notes) to their rotations, it's looking like Toronto GM J.P. Ricciardi may end up keeping his ace.

Now that the Philadelphia Phillies are out of the picture in the Halladay talks, it's become clearer how much Ricciardi wants for his ace. And it's a boatload. It's not likely that any team that wants to see the postseason is going to give up much of its major-league roster to get Halladay. And of course Ricciardi would like as many major leaguers as possible in a deal.

So Halladay may stay in Toronto. A fella who should probably pack his bags is Seattle Mariners hurler Jarrod Washburn(notes). It's believed that the M's wheeling and dealing yesterday to land Pittsburgh Pirates shortstop Jack Wilson(notes) and pitcher Ian Snell(notes) is just a harbinger of things to come. The Seattle Times is saying Washburn is likely to end up with another team by Friday afternoon. And the Yankees, Twins, and Red Sox are the most likely to get him.

Source: Seattle Times
              Just to discuss.
              --------------------
              •Halladay's plan for today, according to Jim Salisbury of the Philadelphia Inquirer - lock himself in his hotel room. Might want to unplug the TV and disable the Internet. Doc is understandably drained from pitching last night amid all the rumors.
              MLBTRADERUMORS.COM

HAHA
              Last edited by Virtuoso; 07-30-2009, 01:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• 2:00pm: CBSSports' Danny Knobler says the Jays would get Edwin Encarnacion and others, if this does get done. The sticking point appears to be how much of Rolen's remaining $15MM the Jays would assume.
                hmm

Comment

• wheres tj when you need him
                  "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• so does this mean were not getting Halladay?

lol

Comment

• Never thought we were but was hoping tj was right.

Comment

• My post wasn't directed at you.......just this whole thing

Comment

• George Sherill traded to Dodgers, that could take them out of Halladay sweepstakes

Comment

• I know, just think we aren't gonna get anything done.

Comment

• It seems it is gonna come down to what Cincy does.

Toronto is sticking to there guns by demanding 4 prospects with 2 Top Prospects,1 Mid to High Prospects and a ML Ready SP

We can do the ML Ready SP,1 Top Prospects and a mid to high prospect but we won't deal 2 Top Prospects.

In other words,West,Maybin/Morrison/Stanton plus another prospect but NOT West and 2 of Maybin/Morrison/Stanton/Coghlan.

Red Sox love Halladay but Washburn is gonna be ALOT cheaper so they are looking at him right now

Comment

• So Jays still wanna trade with us?

Comment

Working...
                                X