No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire John Mallee, Hire Eduardo Perez As New Hitting Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cousins and Petersen are in the same boat. Unless they're playing every day, they ain't cutting it right now in the majors.

Comment

28 AB sample size and Cousins has done basically nothing with his AB's this year. What can it possibly hurt to see if Petersen can give you more than the .461 OPS Cousins is giving you.

Comment

It can't hurt. But I think we're in agreement that Cousins/Petersen is not the issue right now.

Comment

One of the issues is how terribly bad the bench is when Dobbs is starting. It isn't the only issue but it's a move that can be done to see if results can improve from there.

Comment

The issue is the lineup top to bottom.. No one is hitting

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              28 AB sample size and Cousins has done basically nothing with his AB's this year. What can it possibly hurt to see if Petersen can give you more than the .461 OPS Cousins is giving you.
              As opposed to Cousins who came into the night with 47 AB's on the year. Also a small sample size.

It wouldn't hurt, but it's also highly probable that it accomplishes nothing, anyway.
              --------------------
              Also, Cousins is great defensively. I'm pretty sure we'd be downgrading, in terms of that.
              Last edited by Erick; 06-08-2011, 10:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm for sitting Cogs a few games and letting him pinch hit and starting Cousins/Petey.. Some thing has to give

Comment

Because Cousins has been coming in a lot recently for defensive replacement...

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                    I'm for sitting Cogs a few games and letting him pinch hit and starting Cousins/Petey.. Some thing has to give
                    I don't think the answer is to sit the .308/.387 hitter in June for scrubs.
                    Just like the answer wasn't to bench Mike Stanton today.

Comment

In a time that it looks like the FO is doing anything it can to get something to work it's one minor move that could be done to produce a positive, that's all I'm saying. I'm not even worried about the current team slump really, it just sucks that they are all slumping at the same time similar to what people saw from Boston to start the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        I don't think the answer is to sit the .308/.387 hitter in June for scrubs.
                        Just like the answer wasn't to bench Mike Stanton today.
                        Don't bench him but he need to go to the bottom of the line up.. He is .308 now but he will eventually go back to .250 or so. Bat Dobbs lead off. He generally will give you a good AB. Works the count. We don't have a true leadoff hitter anyways at this point.

Comment

Because Cousins has been coming in a lot recently for defensive replacement...
                          Using that logic, why are we even talking about this? After all, Cousins only gets a plate appearance per game...

If anything, not putting a great defender in sometimes late in games is just a risky move by Edwin, considering that LoMo is well below average in LF.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                            Don't bench him but he need to go to the bottom of the line up.. He is .308 now but he will eventually go back to .250 or so. Bat Dobbs lead off. He generally will give you a good AB. Works the count. We don't have a true leadoff hitter anyways at this point.
                            Dobbs has been one of the better hitters with RISP I'd prefer him to stay in the 5-6 hole when he is in the line up.

Comment

Dobbs has been one of the better hitters with RISP I'd prefer him to stay in the 5-6 hole when he is in the line up.
                              true but at this point don't we need guys on base?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                Using that logic, why are we even talking about this? After all, Cousins only gets a plate appearance per game...

If anything, not putting a great defender in sometimes late in games is just a risky move by Edwin, considering that LoMo is well below average in LF.
                                Because I'd rather see what Petersen can do with those PHing opportunities than keep on throwing Cousins out there to watch him strike our or ground out to 2nd or 1st. It's nothing earth shattering, just something I'd personally like to see happen especially with how Petersen has been swinging the bat in AAA this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X