Marlins Fire John Mallee, Hire Eduardo Perez As New Hitting Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
    This is about more than a week-long slump.
    Actually, it's not.
    The Marlins win half of these one-run games they lost that could've gone either way, and the front office doesn't make this move.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      Maybe Cousins only gets 2 ABs a week because Edwin knows he's terrible though.

I mean, the guy is hitting .143
      I'd rather Logan/Coghlan/Stanton/Gaby get those at-bats over both possibilities though. And as long as Bonifacio is here, he's the 4th OF. That Cousins/Petersen roster spot is just a dead spot.

Comment

Guess they should fire Randy St. Claire too for the Javy Vazquez fail. Or for not turning Chris Volstad into Roy Halladay yet.

Comment

Comment

Bonifacio has been god awful too.. It just so happens the whole team went into a slump at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              Actually, it's not.
              The Marlins win half of these one-run games they lost that could've gone either way, and the front office doesn't make this move.
              If water were dry, it would not be wet.
              --------------------
              Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
              Bonifacio has been god awful too.. It just so happens the whole team went into a slump at the same time.
              The rest of the team was already in a slump. LoMo, Gaby and to a lesser extent Dobbs cooled off.
              Last edited by Party; 06-08-2011, 10:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

If water were dry, it would not be wet.
                So you admit that it was a move made due to overreaction over a small weekly sample.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                  I'd rather Logan/Coghlan/Stanton/Gaby get those at-bats over both possibilities though. And as long as Bonifacio is here, he's the 4th OF. That Cousins/Petersen roster spot is just a dead spot.
                  I'd still rather see what Petersen can do with some AB's than stay with a super struggling Cousins right now. With Dobbs starting games our freakin go to PH is Wes Helms.

Comment

Right, but Petersen's not going to get a chance to show off whatever he can do. He's not even going to get spot start duty with Bonifacio. If you want to improve the bench, it's finding a 3B to push Dobbs into a role we know he excels (because PH is really difficult).

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      So you admit that it was a move made due to overreaction over a small weekly sample.
                      It is what it is. Hitting coaches are a dime-a-dozen. Maybe having a new set of eyes will fix some of these guys, maybe it won't we didn't release Hanley Ramirez. Like Swift said, it's a warning shot at the players and management.

Comment

Petersen is going to do the same shit Cousins is doing. It's a limited role and he's a young player. We've already seen Petersen in the role, and he's looked as overmatched as Cousins has. If anything, Cousins has been a bit better and that's saying something.

Whatever happened to Oscar Salazar? He's still with the organization, right?
                        --------------------
                        It is what it is. Hitting coaches are a dime-a-dozen. Maybe having a new set of eyes will fix some of these guys, maybe it won't we didn't release Hanley Ramirez. Like Swift said, it's a warning shot at the players and management.
                        I don't think it makes a difference one way or the other, really.

As for the warning shot, I just think that's pretty dumb. I'm pretty sure the hitters have realized how much they've sucked over the past week. Probably didn't need their hitting coach fired for a wakeup call. I'd hope that the steady decline in the standings would be more than enough of a wakeup call.

Perhaps they're just not very good.

That's exactly what this team was projected to be without Josh Johnson and Hanley Ramirez. Not very good. Very bad, actually.
                        Last edited by Erick; 06-08-2011, 10:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Cousins never showed the type of success Petersen is showing now in AAA. Petersen barely got any chance to do anything when he got called up this year. Guys like Stanton and Morrison could always use days off and Petersen can potentially produce more than what Cousins is giving you, and I'd bet on it. Bonifacio can fall into a defensive replacement/pinch runner in late innings if you find that type of guy.

Comment

I am absolutely for this 100%. Good stuff

Comment

He went to FSU

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                                Cousins never showed the type of success Petersen is showing now in AAA. Petersen barely got any chance to do anything when he got called up this year. Guys like Stanton and Morrison could always use days off and Petersen can potentially produce more than what Cousins is giving you, and I'd bet on it. Bonifacio can fall into a defensive replacement/pinch runner in late innings if you find that type of guy.
                                Petersen is a career .071/.133/.071 hitter in his short time in the majors.
                                I wouldn't bet anything on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X