• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    Swift is right though, this is SO Steinbrenner-esque
    Yeah, this is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
      The guy with the .374 OBP is "atrocious"?

Sure, he's a platoon guy, but he's not a hindrance on this team. Hanley, Infante, Buck, and Coghlan have been "atrocious" on offense this season. Only Infante seems to be getting back on track. If you want the offense to look good, look at those guys.
      No, Dobbs is good. Dobbs going to the bench helps us a lot. I'm not saying "bench" him, but we're in "shake it up" mode, and Dominguez is the next logical move.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
        Its not like Mallee was the problem.. But I guess they had to do some thing. I guess cutting Helms wasn't in the plans.
        No he wasn't but the front office has to blame someone. Easier to fire the hitting coach than demote the entire starting lineup.

Comment

Ehe, dim negged me.

Buncha neggers

Comment

No one's pointed out that they quickly hired someone who's never had a coaching job at any level or anything to do with our organization except be the son of the special assistant to the GM?
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Are you saying we were all taking him for granted?

Or are you saying that we don't go 0-7 if he (and his sub .700 OPS) was in the lineup?

I'm confused.
              I think when you look as awful as we have since he's been out, you have to consider it more than a fluke.

Maybe we still go 0-7, but we'd probably be better off with him out there than without him.
              --------------------
              Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
              No one's pointed out that they quickly hired someone who's never had a coaching job at any level or anything to do with our organization except be the son of the special assistant to the GM?
              When have our coaching moves made sense?
              Last edited by Swifty; 06-08-2011, 10:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                Ehe, dim negged me.

Buncha neggers
                I neg people who deserve to get negged.

You're just a negger hater.
                Last edited by dim; 06-08-2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Comment

seriously, this is bugging me. Does no one have a problem with this? He hasn't even coached in the minors. Ever. He wasn't ever attached to us in any way except that his dad works for us. He's a commentator. And we just HANDED him the hitting coach job?
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Until you mentioned it I had no idea. Yes, this is obviously really dumb.

Dumb seems to be the theme this month.

Comment

seriously, this is bugging me. Does no one have a problem with this? He hasn't even coached in the minors. Ever. He wasn't ever attached to us in any way except that his dad works for us. He's a commentator. And we just HANDED him the hitting coach job?
                        Mark McGwire was given the hitting coach job for the Cardinals with literally no experience and they're second in the majors in runs scored.

These guys aren't in tee ball. These coaches matter little to how these players perform unless there are REAL mechanical issues going on.

Comment

en fuego
                          --------------------
                          Is the Marlins' hitting coach position a spot where people are lining up to be interviewed?

I'm being kinda serious. I just don't know what else you'd hope for. I think, sure, you'd love to see someone with a history of this when everything seems to be going wrong for the offense, but this wasn't so much about Perez as it was making the 'warning' firing.
                          Last edited by Swifty; 06-08-2011, 10:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Apparently, he has coaching experience in Puerto Rico. At least that's what mb.com is saying. Whatever. This has been like the month of hell for this baseball team.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                              Mark McGwire was given the hitting coach job for the Cardinals with literally no experience and they're second in the majors in runs scored.

These guys aren't in tee ball. These coaches matter little to how these players perform unless there are REAL mechanical issues going on.
                              Coaches matter a pretty decent amount. If they didn't, teams would hire people off the street or eliminate the position all together.

In fact, I'd argue that a manager is less important than coaches.

And McGwire had spent YEARS as a private hitting instructor. Eduardo Perez has spent the last few years cutting up with Bobby Valentine in Connecticut.
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              Apparently, he has coaching experience in Puerto Rico. At least that's what mb.com is saying. Whatever. This has been like the month of hell for this baseball team.
                              oh Puerto Rico, there's another tie. Between Edwin and Tony I guess it was impossible for him NOT to get a job.
                              Last edited by emkayseven; 06-08-2011, 10:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I agree with Swift, this is ALL about the warning shot.

No doubt in my mind. In fact, my first post in the post game thread alludes to Edwins job being on the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X