No announcement yet.

7/18 - 7/24 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel bad for J.D. Orr. .485 OBP at Batavia, but just not really a spot that makes sense to move him up to.

Comment

Hope Harrison is OK.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        just seeing video of will stewart pitching. IDK why but i thought he was one of those big 6'5+ lefties and im just finding out he's relatively small. 6'2 175.
        Nope Conley like except he throws 80-92. Chris Sale/Conley like delivery

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          Edward Cabrera with 10 k's tonight and just 1 walk in 6 innings. He's gone from a guy with a pretty comfortable floor but not that high ceiling to one of the highest ceiling arms in the system. Legit ace or #2 type guy.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pretty enormous praise
          When you consider Cabrera's slight build, there would still seem to be lots off upside there. Pretty safe to say he has the highest ceiling in the organization. Humberto Mejia is another in this age group with lots of physical upside it would seem. Ranking top ten pitchers in the system would be tough ... though Cabrera, Sanchez, Rogers, Garrett, Vallimont, Mejia, Neidert, Palacios would appear on every list. The biggest dips have come from Holloway (who actually made FSL South all stars) and Stewart, despite last night's gem.
          Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-21-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

7/21

AAA New Orleans: Game Postponed

AA Jacksonville: W, 10-5

Miller: 2-4, R, BB
            Brigman: 2-4, 3 R, 2 2B, RBI, BB, K
            Dunand: 1-5, R, RBI, K
            Millan: 2-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI, K
            Twine: 2-4, 2 R, BB, K
            Bird: 2-5, R, HR (3), 2 RBI, K
            Seymour: 1-5, R, HR (1), 4 RBI, K
            Castano: W, 6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 7 K, 1 HRA
            Mills: SV, 3 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

A+ Jupiter: W, 4-2

Mesa: 2-4, R, RBI, SB
            Bleday: 2-4, R, K
            Fortes: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI, K
            Nelson: 1-2, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, SB
            Rogers: W, 7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 HRA
            Vesia: SV, 2 IP, 1 K

A Clinton: L, 4-2

C.Scott: 1-4, 2B, 2 K
            Burdick: 0-3, RBI
            T.Jones: 1-3, 2B, RBI, 2 K
            M.Rivera: 1-3, 2B, K
            Reed: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
            R.Brito: L, 1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 1 BB

A- Batavia: L, 5-4

Orr: 2-4, R, CS, BB, K
            D.Rosario: 1-4, 2 R
            Ready: 1-4, K
            Turner: 1-4, RBI, K
            Strunc: 0-3, RBI
            E.Martinez: 4 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
            J.Villalobos: L, .2 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 K

GCL Marlins: W, 3-2

Mesa Jr.: 1-3, R, BB, K
            Hampton: 1-3, R, RBI, BB
            Marinez: 1-3, R, 2B, RBI, K
            Lebron: 1-4, 2B, RBI, K
            E.Sanchez: W, 5 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K
            Givin: SV, 4 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K

DSL Marlins: Idle
            Last edited by geemoney; 07-21-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I think Trevor Rogers has done all he can do at Jupiter. Time to get him to Jacksonville.

Comment

Took my son and grandsons to Jupiter game today. We counted the crowd in the fourth inning and came up with 79. The boys came away with six pearls, half of which they got signed.

JJ Bleday denied initial signature requests, saying he didn't do autographs on Sundays. (Must be a new rule for himself, as this was his first Sunday as a major ... minor leaguer.) He later relented on his Chic Fil A rule and signed for each of the half dozen who wanted a signature. My initial thought was that he was a lot smaller than I expected and has never seen a weight room. He sports a 14-year-old's forearms and a 40-year-old's hairline. However, he also looked like the best hitter by far. After a couple oppo soft liners for singles in his first two at bats, he crushed a high drive to right, into a stiff breeze, that was caught at the wall.

I was also favorably impressed by VVM. Although he DH'd, he showed good bat control and had a couple knocks through the IF. It occurred to me that he is hitting only singles right now because that's all he's trying to do.

Warming up for the game, the team reminded me of the ducks in the canal outside my back door. Tristan Pompey and Jerar Encarnacion looked like the mother and father leading a brood of little ones. Unfortunately, the two big ones have long swings and probably limited upside as hitters.

The big takeaway was Trevor Rogers performance. While effective (he had a very good-looking line at the end), he was clearly pitching with barely half an effort. He reminded me of a big league guy performing a rehab start. Maybe it was the heat or the incredibly bad WPB Cardinal lineup (every guy is batting .214), but he was barely extending effort. The slow motion delivery produced 89-90 mph fastballs for the most part, but he threw mostly soft curves and sliders. Having watched the FSL All Star game, I know what the real Rogers looks like ... and that's 96. I assure you he could have thrown 200 pitches given the easy going approach.

We enjoyed the day.
                Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-22-2019, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Good stuff Lee.

Comment

Always love hearing people attending MiLB. People don't realize how exciting it can be to see some guys who will eventually be stars playing for pennies and a hot dog.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                      Always love hearing people attending MiLB. People don't realize how exciting it can be to see some guys who will eventually be stars playing for pennies and a hot dog.
                      Bleday over $6m. Mesa over $5m. Rogers and Garrett millionaires too. Other than those four, sure, pennies and weiners. (Cracks me up to think that Martin Prado makes as much as their combined bonuses this year alone.)
                      Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-22-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

So J. Encarnacion is not a top 5 prospect anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          the talk of him being moved up to jax by frisaro by the end of the year when he had just a few decent games to start off his jupiter career was beyond dumb. I didnt even think he was ready to be moved up from clinton with his plate discipline.

Comment

Encarnacion being a Top 5 prospect is dumb, but I think he has established himself at least as a prospect of note. His numbers at Jupiter are respectable for a 21-year old.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                              Seeing him in person and looking at his Jupiter results does not substantiate my ranking back on the first of May. However, my "unrealistic" rankings of Cabrera, Rogers, Gallen and Garrett have held up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                                Seeing him in person and looking at his Jupiter results does not substantiate my ranking back on the first of May. However, my "unrealistic" rankings of Cabrera, Rogers, Gallen and Garrett have held up nicely.
                                The Encarnacion rating was by far the most ridiculous thing about you're ranking, it was then and is now. I also had a problem with you having Gallen #1, and I still do. I like him, but after seeing him in the majors you still think he's the best prospect we have?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Isan Diaz. Not on your list.

Comment

Working...
                                X