DSL Marlins: W, 6-5

Cr.Rodriguez: 1-3, 2 R, 2B, BB, K
    J.Paulino: 2-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI, K
    Chinchilla: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, K
    Ozoria: 1-3, R, 2B, BB, CS
    G.Ramirez: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 2 K
    Bargallo: W, 1.1 IP, 1 BB, 1 K
    L.Gonzalez: SV, 2.1 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 3 K
    Last edited by geemoney; 07-19-2019, 04:39 AM.

Runs!

Peyton Burdick is just dominating Clinton. Connor Scott continues to hit better, that Clinton team is pretty scary right now. Sixto with a great outing, and ho-hum Isan Diaz with another homer.

Comment

i feel bad for kolek

Comment

Sixto Sanchez has been awesome in Jacksonville. One 8 run outing really skews his ERA he has been in ace in Jax. Regardless of JT becoming a good catcher I think this might actually be a trade the Marlins win long term.

Also I haven't been following the Marlins minor as strong as in the past but holy crap Peyton Burdick is doing great in A ball. Gotta pay attention to this man.

Riley Mahan also doing solid in Jax. He won't get a ton of attention but I can see a Brian Anderson type player in him moving forward.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh hi Nick Neidert. Good to see you again.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
          Sixto Sanchez has been awesome in Jacksonville. One 8 run outing really skews his ERA he has been in ace in Jax. Regardless of JT becoming a good catcher I think this might actually be a trade the Marlins win long term.

Also I haven't been following the Marlins minor as strong as in the past but holy crap Peyton Burdick is doing great in A ball. Gotta pay attention to this man.

Riley Mahan also doing solid in Jax. He won't get a ton of attention but I can see a Brian Anderson type player in him moving forward.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh hi Nick Neidert. Good to see you again.
          Neidert back for a week now-NOTHING wrong with him just had 2 hr rain delay

Agreed on Mahan-2B/Corner OF type. Alot in Marlins FO think James Nelson will do solid in Jax

- - - - - - - - - -

Clinton and Batavia rosters are looking pretty solid!! Alot of arms are too good for level but no place to go and the bats are finally hitting

DSL have about 10-15 guys who should be moved up to US next year which should make system even more crowded(Wouldn't surprise it some are traded for IFA like LY)

1B/2B/3B Machado
          C/1B Cumana
          3B/SS Rodriguez
          OF Jandel Paulino
          Cuban P Gonzalez
          Cuban P Bargallo
          P Frank Valera
          P Encarnacion
          P Doble
          P Alegre
          P Mendez
          P Leon
          P Quinonez
          P Valencio

Comment

Connor Scott has been fantastic in the 2nd half so far (.354/.396/.485). 3-6 last night with 2 doubles. Great to see. He should be in Jupiter next year at 20.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              Anybody know anything about a guy named Luis Palacios, LHP? Just turned 19, and his numbers in 20 innings so far in the GCL are absurd.

- - - - - - - - - -

And actually his numbers at the DSL last year were equally absurd in 63.2 innings.

I moved this from last week's thread so it isn't lost, and so Lee Stone can identify his next obsession as the rates are insane.

He made FG's honorable mentions this offseason so I remember the name, but that's about it.

Young Sleeper Arms
              Luis Palacios, LHP
              Dakota Bennett, RHP
              Zach Wolf, RHP

Palacios, who is still just 18, was Miami’s DSL pitcher of the year after posting a 62-to-4 strikeout-to-walk ratio. He sits 86-92 with good breaking ball feel. Bennett’s fastball currently resides in the mid-80s but his curveball spin rate is plus. Wolf, 21, is another spin rate/deception sleeper who stands just 5-foot-8.

I think we'll need to see if he is adding to his frame and if that velocity is up ticking as he's really young. If it is, might be a huge international signing win. We can hope.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Alot in Marlins FO think James Nelson will do solid in Jax
              I'd like to know why. His Jupiter slash is .205/.266/.273 which is about as same as last year. This is over 600 PA of "really bad."

If I'm building a case for him though, his BB/K rates this year have moved to 7.3% BB (up 2%) and 21.6% K (down roughly 5%). Those are pretty solid for current baseball if those stay consistent as he moves levels. Most importantly to me, his BABIP has dropped to .250 (.281 last year.... and .399 in 2017 in A ball when he his .309).

If there is some BABIP movement and he can be an average guy, there is some room to grow here. But I'm still not caring much about a guy hitting .260 in Jupiter with hardly any power?

Would love to see anything positive on him.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
              Connor Scott has been fantastic in the 2nd half so far (.354/.396/.485). 3-6 last night with 2 doubles. Great to see. He should be in Jupiter next year at 20.
              I think the good news is, there is no rush at all so they don't need to rush him if they don't have to.

I think it's pretty clear they will be signing a longterm OF (or 3B, move Anderson) to rectify a spot for years. Ozuna, Castellanos, dream scenario Rendon, etc.

We may not like it, but Brinson, Sierra, and Monte are likely going to be given 2020-2022 to figure out one OF spot. They do need to give them all the PA for a few years just based on pedigree and maybe those first two are late bloomers.

And Ramirez and Dean have earned playing time to see if they will hold up, and then VVM may start pushing them this time next year if his next 600 PA go well.

With then, likely Bleday being fast tracked a year ahead of the Scott/Osiris/Misners of the system so that gives them more time to become players.

It's a nice flow chart assuming guys stay healthy and perform, but they need a veteran this offseason and then we can hope for the best from Brinson, Sierra, Monte, Ramirez, Dean, and VVM for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post

I think the good news is, there is no rush at all so they don't need to rush him if they don't have to.

I think it's pretty clear they will be signing a longterm OF (or 3B, move Anderson) to rectify a spot for years. Ozuna, Castellanos, dream scenario Rendon, etc.

We may not like it, but Brinson, Sierra, and Monte are likely going to be given 2020-2022 to figure out one OF spot. They do need to give them all the PA for a few years just based on pedigree and maybe those first two are late bloomers.

And Ramirez and Dean have earned playing time to see if they will hold up, and then VVM may start pushing them this time next year if his next 600 PA go well.

With then, likely Bleday being fast tracked a year ahead of the Scott/Osiris/Misners of the system so that gives them more time to become players.

It's a nice flow chart assuming guys stay healthy and perform, but they need a veteran this offseason and then we can hope for the best from Brinson, Sierra, Monte, Ramirez, Dean, and VVM for a few years.
                Yup..and that doesn't even include JD Orr and Peyton Burdick who are both off to excellent starts to their careers in Low A.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                  I moved this from last week's thread so it isn't lost, and so Lee Stone can identify his next obsession as the rates are insane.

He made FG's honorable mentions this offseason so I remember the name, but that's about it.

Young Sleeper Arms
                  Luis Palacios, LHP
                  Dakota Bennett, RHP
                  Zach Wolf, RHP

Palacios, who is still just 18, was Miami’s DSL pitcher of the year after posting a 62-to-4 strikeout-to-walk ratio. He sits 86-92 with good breaking ball feel. Bennett’s fastball currently resides in the mid-80s but his curveball spin rate is plus. Wolf, 21, is another spin rate/deception sleeper who stands just 5-foot-8.

I think we'll need to see if he is adding to his frame and if that velocity is up ticking as he's really young. If it is, might be a huge international signing win. We can hope.
                  To give people an idea. Between DSL and GCL the last two years, 85 innings 0.85 ERA, 0.62 WHIP, 85 Ks, 5 BBs

Comment

http://swingsandmishes.com/edward-ca...s-to-dominate/

Article on Edward Cabrera.

Apparently Cabrera and Sixto are rooming together since Cabrera's been in Jacksonville.

Comment

Evan Fitterer 6 2/3 innings in his young professional career, still hasn't given up a run.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        http://swingsandmishes.com/edward-ca...s-to-dominate/

Article on Edward Cabrera.

Apparently Cabrera and Sixto are rooming together since Cabrera's been in Jacksonville.
                        Prospect rankings are highly subjective/arbitrary, of course, but it's very difficult to see how Sanchez can occupy a spot well ahead of Cabrera at this time. In addition to being more steady than his current AA roommate this year, Cabrera possesses the better overall numbers. Couple that with his huge physical upside (Cabrera is yet a stringbean) compared to Sanchez and I think you have the slightly better prospect.

Lou on Palacios: I moved this from last week's thread so it isn't lost, and so Lee Stone can identify his next obsession as the rates are insane.

I posted/raved about Palacios a week ago!
                        Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-19-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          Prospect rankings are highly subjective/arbitrary, of course, but it's very difficult to see how Sanchez can occupy a spot well ahead of Cabrera at this time. In addition to being more steady than his current AA roommate this year, Cabrera possesses the better overall numbers. Couple that with his huge physical upside (Cabrera is yet a stringbean) compared to Sanchez and I think you have the slightly better prospect.

Lou on Palacios: I moved this from last week's thread so it isn't lost, and so Lee Stone can identify his next obsession as the rates are insane.

I posted/raved about Palacios a week ago!
                          Definitely someone to watch, as of right now he's just an impressive number, though.

Another thing I noticed in that GCL game noted FV60 pitcher Forrest Whitley walked 6 in 2 2/3 innings for the Astros GCL team. He's having a tough go of it this year.

Sixto's not better than this guy FanGraphs! lol

Comment

Rogers and Garrett are posting better numbers than at least half of MLB Pipeline top ten lefties.
                            Cabrera would rate high in the top ten righties if actual performance was taken into greater account.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                              Rogers and Garrett are posting better numbers than at least half of MLB Pipeline top ten lefties.
                              Cabrera would rate high in the top ten righties if actual performance was taken into greater account.
                              Not saying I disagree with you, but should the fact that they play in maybe the toughest hitting ballpark in the toughest hitting league in the minor leagues be taken into account in your opinion?

- - - - - - - - - -

Just for some context, the League Leader in the FSL right now for OPS has an .842 OPS. Riley Mahan and Lazaro Alonso and their mid .700s OPS' are in the Top 10.

Look, I think you have to be over the moon about Rogers' and Garrett's performance this year, but seeing them continue to do it once they get to AA like Cabrera has will really solidify them as top prospects in my eyes. (although Jacksonville actually has the fewest runs per game of any stadium in the minor leagues this year, but I'm going to chalk that up mostly to the pitiful lineup the Shrimp have been throwing out there)

Comment

Working...
                              X