No announcement yet.

CSBC Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on with the draft? I've been keeping an eye on it all day and we're still only at the fourth pick. I'm slated to draft later but am now leaving for a bit but absolutely don't want to miss my pick.

Comment

• I think our deadline is tomorrow BP do you should be okay.

Comment

• Wow the drop off from the top 5-10 players to everyone else is mind numbing. It goes from superstars to AAAA guys.
        You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• Wow. I feel bad for anyone that has a pick after the 10th selection of round 1.
          --------------------
          1-2-3 Jinx.
          Last edited by KnuckleBalls; 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
          Edmonton Ice Bats
          2007 Teal League Wildcard
          2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
          2010 Teal League Wildcard
          2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

• Three rounds for this prospect draft is going to be hard. All the talent is going to run out if not before the 2nd round starts, then not too long after. I recommend cutting it to two. I'm already about to just let this get auto'd and I have the 14th overall pick. There's going to be nothing left when I pick again in the second round.

Comment

• There'll be stuff, you'll just be picking players with niche skills
              CSBC Commish

Comment

• "Niche skills"? What is that? And how would I know how to find that?

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                  "Niche skills"? What is that? And how would I know how to find that?
                  Niche... uhhh, what?

Like... Im talking about a guy that has insane defensive ratings to be a backup IFer, or a guy that has a super high eye, or power rating... something that might get grown into or something.

Something where maybe the guy's not going to be a starting player, but he has a specific talent that can be useful to the ML team, akin to Brett Carroll's defense
                  CSBC Commish

Comment

• Whatever. Since I already got auto'd some guy I don't want, I guess it really doesn't matter.

Comment

• Is the amateur draft not a snake draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
                        Is the amateur draft not a snake draft?
                        No, it's like the real amateur draft.

The inaugural draft was made a snake draft in order to try to even out talent throughout the league.

Since the amateur draft is about helping shitty teams get better, it's left as a strait draft so that the shitty teams can get the best prospects, rather than the prospects be evenly distributed through teams.

(check your PMs )

Comment

• Yeah, well 2nd round picks kinda suck.

Comment

• We're gonna extend the draft till Friday unless Swift can miraculously finish his exam or something. Feel free to make your pick if it comes up, but basically, I can't run it tonight because I'm 100% exhausted and have other responsibilities.

Thanks for the understanding

-The Management
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

• 1) some teams have had their draft picks go into the free agent pool like in tbbc

2) please reduce the draft from 100 rounds next year lol, make it more like 20-30. Now everyone has rookie teams with over 100 players
                              --------------------
                              told pwg not to update so that hopefully there will be a easy fix for it
                              --------------------
                              I believe these are the teams that had their draft picks go to the FA pool instead of their rosters:

edmonton
                              new york
                              MIL
                              anchorage
                              atlanta
                              honolulu
                              portland
                              san antonio
                              san degio
                              sin city

if PWG doesn't update, he can re-do the draft (and re-do until it actually works), so I'd assume this is hiatus territory. Or what PWG can do is just export what he has right now, and Swift can then work off that, or something
                              --------------------
                              assuming no back up obviously
                              Last edited by nny; 12-11-2009, 07:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• OK, I realize this is kinda my bad, but I sent a list to PWG because I thought he was running round 3... And I'm kinda annoyed. Any chance of getting my pick changed? The guy I wanted was not drafted in the third round.. or at all.
                                Last edited by Branch; 12-11-2009, 09:44 PM.
                                *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Working...
                                X