X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1!
    This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
    Edmonton Ice Bats
    2007 Teal League Wildcard
    2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
    2010 Teal League Wildcard
    2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

• +2!
      You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• See MBA? Diamond and Sinkbiel dropped from 5*s to 1. Happens.

Comment

• OK, I promised everyone some draft info.

Basically, here's the premise. I would like to incorporate the real draft class from each calendar year in OOTP so we can keep the realism up. Given that we're a few years behind reality in OOTP, this should allow us to keep up for a while, which should be nice.

However, it's finals season for me and I have 4 finals and a paper starting Tuesday and wrapping up a week from Tuesday. It also appears that PWG is going through some personal things, and of course that comes first. Right now, the draft is scheduled from June 30th in the sim, and I really don't think it would be good to push it back any further than that in the interests of player development.

So with that in mind, consider today's sim the last sim before a draft editing hiatus which may take more time if I am the only one that does it, since finals prep has to have some consideration.

I'm also trying to bounce a few draft order theories off PWG, but again, his personal issues come first.

Comment

• Just one thing I wanna say is to try and not flood the league with talent. I think the drafts were too stacked in TBBC

Comment

• I would agree, and I think that, with limited exceptions, we're going to strive for drafts that aren't laden with franchise altering talent.

And using that as a segue

As I'm editing the players for this draft, I'm realizing more and more that the 2007 draft really was an overhyped piece of garbage. The jury's still out on some of the high-school kid, but most of the can't miss college talent kind of missed. So we might end up just having the top 30 talent from this draft, in the name of expediency.

Comment

• Just don't disappoint me with Mike Stanton's ratings

max power ect

Comment

• So instead of studying for tax, I edited the draft class.

I think I got all the players who have some form of future in there, if I'm missing anyone let me know. Obviously, it's fleshed out with fictitious players but I got the first rounders (and later) of consequence in there and let the fake players fill it out.

When the sim goes up shortly, if anyone sees players that I'm missing, let me know.

Comment

• The draft pool is messed up...I cant see anything other than like 15 guys with A last names.
                    You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• How many rounds is the draft?

Comment

• We're going to do 3 manual rounds and then auto complete the rest.

Comment

• looks good to me.. when are we doing this draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub858 View Post
                            The draft pool is messed up...I cant see anything other than like 15 guys with A last names.
                            Yeah looks fine to me aswell.

Couple suggestions:

I think Stanton's range should be dropped into the 60's. WIth his ratings atm he could handle CF fine. 60's would make him a bit below average but could still be stuck there.

I think Heywards ratings should be upped aswell, especially above Stanton's. The reason he's the #1 prospect is not just because of his bat but because he's also one of the best defensive OFers in the minors (His minor league numbers put him at +27 runs over 150 games atm, and that doesn't take into account his arm. But it's also only about one full season worth of data, and you need two seasons to regress by 50%).

I think Dominguez's range should drop. Remember the game is based off all positions, not just the position you have them at. Having his range at 96 means he'd be one of the best defensive SS's in the minors. 70's is where good 3b's are in OOTP.

I also think Moustaka's and Vitter's should basically swap ratings. Moustaka's could possibly handle SS, but Vitter's is an average 3b. But Moustaka's has the average ratings in the draft edit, and Vitters has ratings that could handle SS.

Bue Mills DP and Range should also drop down to more like the 30's.

I think Porcello should have his ratings changed to massive move and con but average stuff (50ish), since he's a massive GB control pitcher that's never gotten many K's.

I think the rest looks good though. Maybe bump Bumgarner's control up, since he's now one of if not the best SP specs in baseball, but other than that yeah.

Comment

• I'll take it under advisement, but the ratings really don't create output, there's a lot that goes into these players and the "above / below" stuff is really not merited at all because the sim has a wacky way of rating players. For example, just changing a 60-60-75 MR to CL drops him from 4.5 stars to 1, just FYI.

I think that for 2 hours of work, while reading my tax outline, the pool of edited players came out pretty solid.

Comment

• that's talking about star ratings, not actual ratings. Ratings are ratings.

I think it came out fine, was just suggestions on making it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X