Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I vote yes.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, what is our timeline on the offseason and draft looking like? Also, does the league file need to be updated before we hear back from players who have been submitted contract extension offers? I'm waiting to hear back from quite a few players and am not sure as to how that works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
        Just out of curiosity, what is our timeline on the offseason and draft looking like? Also, does the league file need to be updated before we hear back from players who have been submitted contract extension offers? I'm waiting to hear back from quite a few players and am not sure as to how that works.
        Draft happens mid-season, so there won't be a draft, I've been discussing off-season plans with Swift so, the time line isn't set in stone yet.

As for FA/Extension stuff, yeah, that requires the league file to be updated and such.
        CSBC Commish

Comment

• At what point do we decide whether or not we are going to deny arbitration to someone?
          You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• now. if you don't want to pay arbitration, release the player before the arbitration deadline. That's "declining" arbitration in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub858 View Post
              At what point do we decide whether or not we are going to deny arbitration to someone?
              I believe players are automatically awarded arbitration, but I do believe Nny is MUCH more familiar with arbitration than anyone else, so hopefully he can explain it
              --------------------
              Originally posted by nny View Post
              now. if you don't want to pay arbitration, release the player before the arbitration deadline. That's "declining" arbitration in this game.
              Yeah, like this
              Last edited by PitchingWinsGames; 01-24-2010, 06:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              CSBC Commish

Comment

• Should we begin releasing players now?
                This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                Edmonton Ice Bats
                2007 Teal League Wildcard
                2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                2010 Teal League Wildcard
                2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

• Im gonna make this short 'cause Im heading to class, but I wanted to get it out there

Season 1 was done, and IMO, pretty awesome. I think everyone, for the most part enjoyed it and learned the basic ins and outs of OOTP. With that in mind, this coming season, I'm going to hold hands less and make owners more accountable for mistakes, that's not to say I'll be a cold blooded dictator, and mistakes will happen and need to be corrected, but, generally speaking, I'm going to be less likely to fix things that are forgotten.

Obviously, if you're unsure of something, ask me, Swift or even Nny and we can give you an idea of what will happen and, specifically asking me, if I'm unsure, I can fix it if it doesn't work.

Hope that makes sense, I gotta jet...

questions/comments/concerns/mla citations?
                  CSBC Commish

Comment

• dick
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                      pwg, wanna cup my balls?
                      Maybe... are they sweaty?
                      CSBC Commish

Comment

• Hamburger Time?
                        This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                        Edmonton Ice Bats
                        2007 Teal League Wildcard
                        2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                        2010 Teal League Wildcard
                        2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

• First sim will be tuesday, and regular sim schedule than (tues, thurs, sat, sun)

Last day of ST is Saturday btw

Comment

• So the plan is that we finish up spring training something this evening and start the season on Tuesday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
                              So the plan is that we finish up spring training something this evening and start the season on Tuesday?
                              Yup. (Don't forget about that PM I sent you)
                              CSBC Commish

Comment

• I'll take a look at it. Any idea what time the last sim will be up tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X