• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
    Oh, we'd find someone.
    --------------------
    The Nationals
    Not even the Nats would do that. There are only two teams in baseball that could afford to take on that kind of contract: the Yankees and the Red Sox, and both of them are locked into Teixeira and Gonzalez, respectively, for the long haul.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by lou View Post
    I say fuck it. The Marlins would keep him no matter what for all star game 2015 (have to be getting that right?), which is 4 years into the deal, leaving only a 5th year exposed. He would get 10-5 rights in year 6 meaning he has a no trade.

And like, I think Swift, said. Can always waive that no trade clause.

Do it. Trade Morrison for a SP, trade Gaby/Dominguez/Oviedo/Volstad for a 5th SP, sign a LF (preferably Willingham for Ramp), and two bench bats, and OMGZ WHAT A TEAM
    Pujols AND Hammer would be all sorts of climax.
    Last edited by Valid; 12-06-2011, 12:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Nats and Giants definitely come to mind

Have to think Yanks and Sawx would take him as a DH, regardless of their 1B situation

Comment

• I dunno, the Nats gave Jayson Werth $126 over 7, so I would never underestimate their ability to be total fucktarded.

Comment

• Yeah but at some point, they're gonna have to stop being so stupid. And I'm not so sure that even the Yanks or Red Sox would invest that much money into a DH.

Comment

• By 2015 Seattle will probably have had baseball's worst offense for 7 consecutive years, so they may take him to make a splash

Comment

• "Pujols is next," a trusted baseball man told me yesterday after the Marlins put a ceremonial cap and jersey top on closer Heath Bell. "And (Mark) Buehrle and (C.J.) Wilson, too. They're in big on all three. You heard it here first."
              We gon have $140,000,000 payroll?

Comment

• I would think it would have to be even more than that, no?

Comment

• LET'S HAVE A REAL GOOD TIME!

Comment

• If we sign all these guys, we pretty much have to shut up about the Yankees and Boston forever.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                        I would think it would have to be even more than that, no?
                        Pujols puts us at what, $115 million? Wilson, $16 million? Buehrle, $13 million?

Comment

• I have to wonder if these guys have been retarded monkeys with money all along, they just didn't have any to royally fuck up with
                          Last edited by Metes; 12-06-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Christmas greetings go out to the City of Miami and Miami-Dade County commissioners. Thank you for not bothering to ask the Marlins to open their books before signing off on the ballpark deal.

Without you, none of this would be possible!

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                              I would think it would have to be even more than that, no?
                              Let's say it's $93 right now.

Pujols.... let's say front loaded, $27 to make it easy. At $120

Buerhle, pushes to $134 range

CJ, pushes to $150

and that's assuming they keep Morrison and Gaby for LF and the bench. Gaby best bat bench ever. Gaby will teach Hanley how to take professional at bats.

But that's a lot to ask for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                If we sign all these guys, we pretty much have to shut up about the Yankees and Boston forever.
                                Not sure I mind
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X