Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now two jobs are on the line!

Comment

• This was the same man who said a Gio trade was close according to Gio's family.

Comment

• Lol! Gio's seemed a lot less likely than this though. I'm just shocked nobody else has reported it.

Comment

• I'm not shocked because it probably isn't true.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            I'm not shocked because it probably isn't true.
            Exactly what I'm thinking.

Comment

• :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
                Lol! Gio's seemed a lot less likely than this though. I'm just shocked nobody else has reported it.
                Because they heard the full sentence. David was probably standing behind a potted plant eavsdropping on some actual sports writers and heard the words "Marlins", "Pujols" and "done" and jumped to conclusions. He just missed hearing the word "meeting".

Comment

• :-)!

Comment

• ehe mibs

Comment

• "taxpayers paying for 80% of new ballpark in Miami"

-Peter Gammons while discussing Marlins at Winter Meetings

Festa, is this kinda true because of the whole hotel bed tax thing? But even still I thought "taxpayer" money was more around the 65% range for the new park
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
                      I just ran around my office high fiving everyone, it better be true.
                      Ace, calm down
                      Last edited by Namaste; 12-06-2011, 09:52 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        "taxpayers paying for 80% of new ballpark in Miami"

-Peter Gammons while discussing Marlins at Winter Meetings

Festa, is this kinda true because of the whole hotel bed tax thing? But even still I thought "taxpayer" money was more around the 65% range for the new park
                        --------------------

Ace, calm down
                        maybe adding the cost of the parking garage? (which will be full if we sign pujols)

Comment

• The Miami Marlins have snagged the biggest fish in this year's free agent class.

According to multiple sources, Albert Pujols will sign with the Marlins. The terms of the deal have not been confirmed but one source believes the deal is for 10 years.

The Marlins and Pujols's agent, Dan Lozano have met three times since Baseball's Winter Meetings began in Dallas this week and it has been reported by various outlets that the Marlins sweetened their original offer at one of these meetings.

Pujols has had an offer on the table for nearly a year from the St. Louis Cardinals that was believed to be for $200 million over nine years. The slugging first baseman has been looking for a greater offer and it appears like the Marlins have given him what he wants because multiple sources have told me Pujols will sign with the Marlins and join Heath Bell and Jose Reyes in their historic free agent class.
                          David V's blog

Comment

• The Marlins total outlay is around $120 million for a $600 million ballpark...so, kinda. My understanding is most of the money committed couldn't be used elsewhere anyway because of the manner in which it is raised.

Comment

• MiamiHomer, no offense but why bother posting David V's blog? He's proving to be no more reliable than that kid on Twitter Ramp was arguing with.

Comment

• Because I felt like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X